Official Road To "Best In The World" 2015 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Official Road To "Best In The World" 2015 Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Before returning to PPV in New York City, Ring of Honor makes some stops in some new locations, and some familiar ones, as they traverse the heartland of America on the road to Best In The World 2015!

Road To "Best In The World 2015": Night 1
Amarillo, Texas 5/29/15

- Adam Cole vs. Roderick Strong
- IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champions The Kingdom (Matt Taven & Michael Bennett with Maria Kanellis) vs. War Machine
- "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. ACH
- ROH World Champion Jay Briscoe vs. Caprice Coleman
- Four Corner Survival - ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal (with Truth Martini) vs. Mark Briscoe vs. Silas Young vs. Will Ferrara
- Dalton Castle vs. The Romantic Touch

Signed To Appear:

- BJ Whitmer

Road To "Best In The World 2015": Night 2
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 5/30/15

- ROH World Title - Jay Briscoe vs. BJ Whitmer/Hanson/Michael Bennett
- ROH World TV Title - Jay Lethal (with Truth Martini) vs. Mark Briscoe/Matt Taven/Raymond Rowe
- Adam Cole vs. ACH
- "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. Dalton Castle
- Roderick Strong vs. Will Ferrara
- Silas Young vs. The Romantic Touch
- ROH World Title #1 Contender's Triple Threat Match - BJ Whitmer vs. Hanson vs. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champion Michael Bennett (with Maria Kanellis)
- ROH World TV Title #1 Contender's Triple Threat Match - Mark Briscoe vs. IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champion Matt Taven vs. Raymond Rowe

Signed To Appear:

- Caprice Coleman

Road To "Best In The World 2015": Night 3
Collinsville, Illinois 6/5/15

- ROH World Champion Jay Briscoe & Roderick Strong vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin & Moose
- Non-Title Match - ROH World Tag Team Champions The Addiction vs. Matt Sydal & Delirious
- Non-Title Match - ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal (with Truth Martini) vs. Raymond Rowe
- IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champion Matt Taven (with Maria Kanellis) vs. Hanson
- IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champion Michael Bennett (with Maria Kanellis) vs. Dalton Castle
- Adam Page (with BJ Whitmer) vs. Mark Briscoe
- Silas Young vs. Cheeseburger

Road To "Best In The World 2015": Night 4
Nashville, Tennessee 6/6/15

- Non-Title Three-Way Match - The Briscoes vs. ROH World Tag Team Champions The Addiction vs. War Machine
- "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. Matt Sydal
- Roderick Strong vs. Dalton Castle
- Four-Corner Survival - Moose vs. BJ Whitmer vs. Cheeseburger vs. Silas Young
- Adam Page vs. Will Ferrara

Signed To Appear:

- ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal (with Truth Martini)
- IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champions The Kingdom (Matt Taven & Michael Bennett with Maria Kanellis)
- The Romantic Touch
- ODB

Keep all discussions here...
Last edited by DXvsNWO1994 on Tue May 26, 2015 7:55 pm, edited 7 times in total.
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Official Road To "Best In The World" 2015 Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

@AdamColePro
The #AdamColeIsBack Tour continues in Amarillo, TX & Oklahoma City, OK 5/29 & 5/30. Thought I made a statement in Philly? Just wait...BayBay
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Think we'll get Dalton Castle against Silas Young on one of the first two nights?
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I hope so, Silas vs Castle feud would be great for both
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I'd like to see that match. Seems like they'd be natural adversaries.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/matche ... w-amarillo

ACH vs Elgin and Castle vs Romantic Touch signed for Amarillo.
First one should be great, second one could be fun, plus it's good they'll be giving Castle a win.
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I wonder how jealous Rhett is of Castle's success. As if the Romantic Touch gimmick wasn't already lame and stupid, it just looks worse when compared to a guy who acts like a gay peacock.
Last Real Man Hype
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

It's been awhile since we've seen ACH vs. Michael Elgin. That should be great. Dalton Castle vs. The Romatic Touch should be extremely entertaining as well. This Amarillo Show actually looks really solid thus far.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I've thought about it, I wouldn't mind seeing Castle/Young at the PPV.

Castle/Romantic Touch should be very fun!
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Amarillo show looks great; Strong vs Cole and ACH vs Elgin are gonna be awesome. I wanna see another Elgin-ACH match, loved their match at Dragon´s Reign.

War Machine-Kigdom could be good, but when you talk about a Kingdom match you never know, it could be awesome or aweful. Castle-Touch is going to be funny as well.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The ROAD TO BEST IN THE WORLD barrels straight through Oklahoma City! On May 30th, just weeks before BEST IN THE WORLD, Ring of Honor will be LIVE at the Oklahoma State Fair Park. The stakes are high as your favorite ROH stars look to establish dominance heading into our next PPV event. Here's the latest update on matches signed on THE ROAD TO BEST IN THE WORLD...

ADAM COLE VS. ACH

ADAM COLE is back! There was a lot of speculation heading into last week's epic WAR OF THE WORLDS two night event. Would Adam Cole be cleared to compete on Night 2 as planned? As it turned out, Adam Cole was ready to go on Night 1 when he took on AJ STYLES in an unbelievable rematch many are already calling potential match of the year! Now the former ROH World Champion wants to get back into contention as soon as possible, and to do that he needs to take on the top flight competitors in ROH. On May 30, the challenge comes in the form of high flying, high energy superstar ACH!

MICHAEL ELGIN VS. DALTON CASTLE

Power vs. Peacock in Oklahoma City! In just a few short months, Dalton Castle has commanded attention in Ring of Honor unlike anyone else - ever! But Castle has shown he's more than just showmanship and sizzle. He is also a skilled professional wrestler who can be just as physical as anyone else in ROH when the time is right. And that time will come on May 30th when he takes on former ROH World Champion "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin! It was just announced that Elgin will have the opportunity to earn a title shot at BEST IN THE WORLD and work his way back into Championship contention. But before he gets to the PPV, Elgin needs to stay focused on his hungry, ambitious upcoming opponents like Dalton Castle.

THE ROMANTIC TOUCH VS. SILAS YOUNG

Though he was always surly, it seems Silas Young has become even more embittered even since returning from his recent injury. He's making up for lost time by taking on anyone and everyone, including his own tag partners like Watanabe! On May 30th, The Romantic Touch tries his luck against a "real man" who doesn't seem to have a whole lot of patience for the prancing and antics that have become Romantic Touch's specialty.

PLUS: Both the ROH World Television Championship AND the ROH World Championship WILL be defended in Oklahoma City!
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

I think Hanson and Rowe will get shots at Briscoe and Lethal on that show (not sure which will get which).
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Burnside wrote:I think Hanson and Rowe will get shots at Briscoe and Lethal on that show (not sure which will get which).
Whatching how strong Hanson looked in their match with The Briscoes I think he could be the man.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Cole vs. ACH on the first Road to show, they were the main event of the first Road to show last year.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

dhads7161 wrote:Cole vs. ACH on the first Road to show, they were the main event of the first Road to show last year.
Actually they're facing each other on the 2nd "Road To..." Show this time around (OKC).

Also, two tag team matches have been announced for Collinsville, Illinois on June 5th:
Ring of Honor’s Road to Best in the World Tour ’15 returns to the greater St. Louis area at The Gateway Center in Collinsville, IL on Friday, June 5, 2015.

With Best in The World ’15: Battle of the Belts on the horizon, all ROH World Champions will be on the card. Get your tickets now and do not miss out on a chance to see the Best Wrestling on The Planet live!

The main event that has major implications heading into Best In The World ’15: Battle of The Belts

ROH WORLD CHAMPION JAY BRISCOE & “MR ROH” RODERICK STRONG vs MOOSE & “UNBREAKABLE” MICHAEL ELGIN!

ROH World Champion Jay Briscoe walks around with a constant target on his back. He has signed on to team with Strong knowing that his partner and 2 opponents will all be vying to become the #1 contender for his ROH World Championship at Best in The World ’15. Can Briscoe trust Strong? Strong has done some very questionable things in his past which could make one wary. The awesome forces of the unstoppable Moose and the loose cannon Elgin means a lot of trouble for Briscoe and Strong. This unique main event will be a spectacle that could have lasting effects heading into BITW ’15.

NON-TITLE: ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE ADDICTION vs #REBORN MATT SYDAL & DELIRIOUS

The Addiction, Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian shocked the world recently by defeating reDRagon to become the ROH World Tag Team Champions. They also revealed themselves, along with Chris Sabin, to be the voices behind the Knights of The Rising Dawn propaganda. They have the tag team division of ROH on edge, fearing that an attack could come at any time. That mental edge makes them very dangerous. They will face off against a team that for the most part are mentally unshakable. Sydal and Delirious actually broke into professional wrestling in the St. Louis area nearly 15 years ago. Some say Sydal is the only man who can understand the dialect in which Delirious speaks. Could that be the key to greatness for these two? This homecoming could be very special for this dynamic duo! Could Sydal & Delirious avoid mind games and defeat the champions or will The Addiction be able to handle the unpredictable duo?
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

AlexROH wrote:
Burnside wrote:I think Hanson and Rowe will get shots at Briscoe and Lethal on that show (not sure which will get which).
Whatching how strong Hanson looked in their match with The Briscoes I think he could be the man.
He was booked super strong in the BC vs All Stars match too. I think they're planning big things for War Machine/Hanson.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

If they want to cash in on Hanson beating Lethal at Survival of the Fittest last year on a World TV Title Match, then they could do Hanson/Lethal & Jay Briscoe/Ray Rowe. If they want to save Hanson's win for a World Title Match (should Lethal become World Champion), then they could do Lethal/Rowe & Jay Briscoe/Hanson on this show.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

For those who wondering about the title matches at the Oklahoma City show, here's what Meltzer had to say (I'll keep it in spoiler tags until it's officially announced by ROH):
Spoiler: show
The challengers will be determined by two Triple Threat Matches that same night. Those matches will be BJ Whitmer vs. Hanson vs. Michael Bennett, where the winner faces Jay Briscoe later in the show, and Mark Briscoe vs. Raymond Rowe vs. Matt Taven, where the winner faces Jay Lethal later in the night.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

I don't think any combination of those matches would appeal to me.
Except maybe Hanson vs. Briscoe
Last Real Man Hype
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

We'll probably get the Hanson/Briscoe and Rowe/Lethal matches I guess. Not exactly instant reward, but I'm not a fan of how frequently they're using the "get a title shot later on this show" stipulation. With as strong as Hanson is booked, doing his whole road to a title match in one night on a VOD show is a waste. At least it will be easily forgotten if they push him to a singles title in the future, but why do it in the first place?

I guess the way around it would be to let Bennett pin Whitmer, with egregious Kingdom interference taking Hanson out of the match. It would also fuel the budding Kingdom/War Machine feud. You end up with Bennett/Briscoe which doesn't sound any good, but I think it would be best for the long term booking of Hanson.