Official Road To "Best In The World" 2015 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Official Road To "Best In The World" 2015 Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Pick 'Ems for Collinsville & Nashville should be up shortly...
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I just found this, it explains why Adam Cole is not on the Road shows this week.

http://www.pwponderings.com/2015/06/03/ ... m=facebook

Donald Wood: At the end of 2014, you suffered a shoulder injury that temporarily derailed an incredible two-year run. You returned recently to Ring of Honor and look to be performing at an elite level once again. How is the shoulder holding up and can you describe the injury and your recovery process?

Adam Cole: This injury goes back to me wrestling with a fracture in my elbow and a partially torn triceps for probably a year and a half to two years. I worked through it because I knew I was about to get a run with the Ring of Honor world title. I was still PWG champion so I had to continue to work through everything and have a really good run. Unfortunately, I dislocated my shoulder at a Pro-Wrestling Gorilla event and I popped it back in to finish the match and thought I was going to be ok. Long story short, I got a MRI and it was a torn labrum which is a vital tendon in the shoulder that can cause problems with your bicep, triceps, or even neck down the line. It was something that I needed to get fixed and opted to get it fixed after Ring of Honor Final Battle. The rehab process was more mentally draining than it was physically and I thought the physical part was easy. Of course it hurt and got redundant, but it was more the idea of sitting out while all this great stuff was going on and I wanted to be back in there. I also did hit some hiccups in the recovery process but the Dr., told me it may be smart to come back in June so there really was a scare there for a minute that I wouldn’t be able to do the Ring of Honor/New Japan shows. Fortunately, I was able to let the thing rest up and come back at Philadelphia Best in the World. I’m taking it easy on my schedule until June just to make sure my shoulder holds up ok. It felt fine but the most difficult thing was not being able to train in a ring whatsoever. When I wrestled AJ, that was the first time I was between the ropes at all in five months. I hadn’t done any wrestling training or anything like that in the meantime. It was really nerve wrecking, not so much if my shoulder was going to hold up but that I was going to be able to perform. Fortunately for me wrestling is like riding a bike. The second I got in there everything just clicked and came back fortunately.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Robareid

Post by Robareid »

Wow, a better turn around than they had on the NJPW shows.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Are the first two nights of Road to Best in the World worth the price? 4 Nights it´s too much money in just 1 week, plus the PPV in 2 weeks.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Just seen Night 1, well the first hour and a half (I have to see the Cole-Strong and Kingdom-War Machine matches).

I didn´t like the crowd. Well, I mean, they were hot and chanting all night but I don´t like seeing too many young kids in the ROH shows. Go and watch WWE hahaha. The ring announcer for this show, didn´t remember the name, was awuful.

My ratings this far:

Americo vs BJ Withmer *1/2
Mark Briscoe vs Jay Lethal vs Will Ferrara vs Silas Young **3/4
Dalton Castle vs The Romantic Touch DUD (Too many time for nothing)
Jay Briscoe vs Caprice Coleman ***1/4 (Good stuff. Caprice is a great midcard worker and I like the new slow tempo in Jay Briscoe´s matches)
Tag Team Showcase Match ** (I iked the two fat black men)
ACH vs Michael Elgin ***3/4+ (Awesome match, as good as you expected form this two)
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I think this year's Road to Best In the World shows have done a better job of buiding toward the PPV than last year's. All that built toward the PPV really last year was the cutting of Elgin's mullet. This year's shows have had a much bigger feeling of importance (should always be important when you're debuting in two new cities) than last year's which were really just throwaway especially the show from Carbondale which I think has to be the most forgettable ROH show of 2014 possibly of all time.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Night 1 finished. Dead crowd in the last 3 matches, they only chant "ROH" a couple of times but nothing specially loud.

Kingdom vs War Machine *3/4
Roderick Strong vs Adam Cole **
Kingdom vs War Machine & Strong ***1/2

Not their best show. A weak crowd and the low tempo in some matches hurt the show. You can watch it, but I would recomend it at all. Go straight and see Elgin/ACH.

I would give this show a 6 - 6.25.
BTW10

Post by BTW10 »

AlexROH wrote:I didn´t like the crowd. Well, I mean, they were hot and chanting all night but I don´t like seeing too many young kids in the ROH shows. Go and watch WWE hahaha.
Hahahahahahahaha good one, man. Yeah kids should be banned from ROH shows. Neckbeards ONLY!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Collinsville results: http://goo.gl/xb7Vj8
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Addiction WTF?? :roll:
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Why wasn't ACH on this show being that he's a St. Louis guy? Was he booked elsewhere or is there something else?
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

dhads7161 wrote:Why wasn't ACH on this show being that he's a St. Louis guy? Was he booked elsewhere or is there something else?
ACH is from San Antonio, Texas.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
dhads7161 wrote:Why wasn't ACH on this show being that he's a St. Louis guy? Was he booked elsewhere or is there something else?
ACH is from San Antonio, Texas.
I do believe he lives in St. Louis like Elgin and O'Reilly.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

This had to be an emotional night for Elgin. Returning to the place where he tragically lost his mullet 363 days ago.
Spoiler: show
And returning to pick up a victory in what had to be a match he dedicated to the memory of that lost friend.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think Addiction are going to have
"loss quite often on Non Title and then win Title Match cheating"
type of reign.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

187_Joeism wrote:I think Addiction are going to have
"loss quite often on Non Title and then win Title Match cheating"
type of reign.
At least, for once, we won't have a super dominant type of reign were they beat everyone on every show.
ImageImage
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Based on tweets, he's at a wedding this weekend.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Road to Best in the World Night 2 was a great show! I highly recomend it to all of you. A good way to spent 2 hours and a half. The crowd was awesome, no kids this time hahah. And there wasn´t a bad match, everything between good and great.

Here are my ratings. I´m only sure in the Cole/ACH, Caprice/Dalton, Elgin/Castle and Silas/Touch matches. The others are between *** and ***1/2. More or less:

Andy Dalton vs Caprice Coleman **3/4
Mark Briscoe vs Raymond Rowe vs Matt Taven ***1/4
Silas Young vs The Romantic Touch **1/2
Hanson vs BJ Withmer vs Mike Bennett ***1/2
Michael Elgin vs Dalton Castle ***1/2
ACH vs Adam Cole ****
Mark Briscoe vs Jay Lethal ***1/4
Jay Briscoe vs Hanson ***1/4

Final score: 8
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Is there a more fitting building to have the last Road to Best In the World show this year? Site of last year's Best In the World PPV plus it's where the seeds for the main event were planted at the January 3 television taping when Jay Lethal took exception to Alberto El Patron calling Jay Briscoe's title the greatest championship in the world.