Final Battle 2015 Live on (I)PPV - December 18, 2015

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Thelone

Re: Final Battle 2015 Live on (I)PPV - December 18, 2015

Post by Thelone »

Probably in a nothing multi-man match with Coleman, Dijak, Ferrara and the last team that couldn't make it into whatever 4-way tag they have planned (Addiction, ANX or ACH/Sydal).
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
borklaser

Post by borklaser »

Last 2 Matches i guess:

Bucks vs Briscoes vs ANX. Every teams had matches against each other teams in the past month and at the Tapings was a big brawl with them.

and KRD vs ACH/Sydal/Shelly
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Dave Meltzer wrote:New Japan Pro Wrestling today reported that A.J. Styles is officially off the rest of the current tour due to his herniated disc in his lower back.

It was reported in Japan that he has returned home to Gainesville, GA. At the show earlier today in Kobe, the company officially announced him as off the rest of the tour, while up until this point they had been acting as through the injury was a day-to-day thing.

ROH officials are hopeful that Styles will be ready on 12/18 for his title match with Jay Lethal on the Final Battle PPV.

New Japan announced today that Styles would return on 1/4 for his Tokyo Dome match with Shinsuke Nakamura.

New Japan likely had to re-book several B block matches to get to the ending that they wanted.

The final night of the round-robin tournament is tonight in Nagoya which airs live on New Japan World starting at 2 a.m. Eastern time. We will have live coverage of the show on the site.

The winner of the A block faces the winner of the B block on 12/9 in Sendai.

Currently, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Michael Elgin are "in the clubhouse" finishing with a 4-2 record and in first place in the A block. Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma face Kazuchika Okada & Yoshi-Hashi with both teams having 3-2 records. If Okada & Yoshi-Hashi win, then Tanahashi & Elgin go to the finals since they won the head-to-head match on 11/21 in Tokyo. If Makabe & Honma win, they go to the finals based on beating Tanahashi & Elgin on 11/27 in Hiroshima.

In the B block, both Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata and Tetsuya Naito & Evil have 4-1 records, and by the strangest of coincidences, they are wrestling tonight. So the winner of that match goes to the finals.
borklaser

Post by borklaser »

Bucks vs Briscoes vs ANX confirmed
https://youtu.be/QgFh935Iw6g?t=14s
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

For those of you who attend the show: I'm going to be flying from Austria to America and will be attending several NFL, NHL, NBA matches and of course Final Battle. Can sb suggest a good hotel/motel between Philly and New York?
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I'd suggest finding other regions in our nation for superior sporting teams.
hitman420

Post by hitman420 »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:For those of you who attend the show: I'm going to be flying from Austria to America and will be attending several NFL, NHL, NBA matches and of course Final Battle. Can sb suggest a good hotel/motel between Philly and New York?
I live in New Jersey so your best bet would to probably find a hotel/motel around either New Brunswick or East Brunswick, NJ. If you stay there, your right in the middle of Philly and NYC which would make a trip either way about an hour and a half. If you plan on renting a car, the trip is a lot easier. If you plan on using public transportation, try to make sure you'll be able to get around conveniently. Good luck and enjoy!
WHG

Post by WHG »

hitman420 wrote:
JigsawVs.Jason wrote:For those of you who attend the show: I'm going to be flying from Austria to America and will be attending several NFL, NHL, NBA matches and of course Final Battle. Can sb suggest a good hotel/motel between Philly and New York?
I live in New Jersey so your best bet would to probably find a hotel/motel around either New Brunswick or East Brunswick, NJ. If you stay there, your right in the middle of Philly and NYC which would make a trip either way about an hour and a half. If you plan on renting a car, the trip is a lot easier. If you plan on using public transportation, try to make sure you'll be able to get around conveniently. Good luck and enjoy!
I travel to central NJ for work all the time. In addition to the New Brunswick/East Brunswick suggestions, the other part that I've stayed in and can say is more affordable than NY or Philly and is pretty nice is the Princeton or East Windsor area. The Holiday Inn East Windsor is almost always under $100 a night. When I went to Philly & Field of Honor in August I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Plainsboro/Princeton and it was $85. Both are pretty nice places for the money and are about half way between.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

I would suggest staying in either NYC or Philly. The cities are less than 2 hours apart via Amtrak train, and their respective stations are right in the heart of each city and their respective transit hubs. And there is plenty to do in each city without needing a car, especially NYC. Unless you intend to rent a car and are prepared to do a lot of driving, I would not stay in New Jersey.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Thanks a lot guys for the recommendations! Since we are going to stay for two weeks on the East coast, visiting Boston/NewYork/Philly/Baltimore and Washington, we are planning on renting a car anyway. Therefore staying in New Jersey sounds pretty good, once again thanks for the tips :)
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

If you're going to Massachusetts, that's the place to see an NFL game.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

supersonic wrote:If you're going to Massachusetts, that's the place to see an NFL game.
I'm a Pats fan for almost 15 years now, so seeing them live is pretty much at the top of my list. We'll be at the Titans game in Foxborough and the big NY/Boston derby Jets/Patriots in NY ;)
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Such "clever" booking.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Thelone wrote:Such "clever" booking.
It gets even better if you actually read the article. ANX apparently have a "psychologocial advantage" in this match because they got a visual pinfall over the Bucks at SOTF. Of course, the article didn't mention the fact that the Bucks won that match, the fact that ANX lost to the Briscoes in Kalamazoo, or whatever the result of the Briscoes vs. Bucks TV match from Nashville was because I guess those matches have no psychological effects on any of the competitors.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

this should be amazing, damn good card already!
Any update on whether Shelley was the surprise wrestler that was mentioned by Meltzer or is there a slim chance Omega might be said person? He is in that area that weekend...
iamloco724

Post by iamloco724 »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:this should be amazing, damn good card already!
Any update on whether Shelley was the surprise wrestler that was mentioned by Meltzer or is there a slim chance Omega might be said person? He is in that area that weekend...
Omega is wrestling the same night as Final Battle in Brooklyn
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini vs. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
War Machine vs. The Kingdom w/ Maria Kanellis

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Bobby Fish vs Roderick Strong or Delirious

GRUDGE MATCH
Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Reilly

SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
Alex Shelley, ACH & #Reborn Matt Sydal vs The Addiction & Chris Sabin

“Unbreakable” Michael Elgin vs Moose w/ Stokely Hathaway

#1 CONTENDERS TRIPLE THREAT TAG TEAM MATCH
The Young Bucks vs All Night Express vs The Briscoes

YouTube Exclusive
Cheeseburger vs Brutal Bob

You could add Dalton Castle vs Silas Young and maybe a 4 Corner Survival with the likes of Cedric, Ferrara, Caprice Coleman or Dijak so i think Shelley has to be the surprise here.

I could see them having a surprise debut/return (Callihan) next day at the TV Tapings though.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I think Silas vs. Castle is confirmed.