Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
187_Joeism

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by 187_Joeism »

I think they can add Silas Young to The Decade now, put him on a role and could work well promo-wise.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I don't think Silas fits in the Decade. He should just keep being on his own.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

One of these days I want ton see an ROH wrestler sell a streamer. Like one doesn't unravel and hits them in the dome and they sell it like they just took a wicked chairshot.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

dhads7161 wrote:One of these days I want ton see an ROH wrestler sell a streamer. Like one doesn't unravel and hits them in the dome and they sell it like they just took a wicked chairshot.
Prince Nana did it.
ROHfan2002

Post by ROHfan2002 »

After viewing this last weekend's TV episode, I really feel that ACH is ready and needs to get the World Television Championship. He is super over with the crowds, has the moves, and his matches are always exciting. He's been in there with the best of ROH, and it's time he starts winning his matches. The TV title would help elevate him to that next level.

I also think his feud with Adam Page is going to be a very good one, and will get both guys over more in Ring of Honor. It's also a feud that I think will be around a long, long time.

That match was, for me, even better than the tag team main event.
ROHfan2002

Post by ROHfan2002 »

Assuming Lethal wins the World title, who should be next after him? I'm thinking maybe A.J. Styles at the 14th Anniversary PPV. However, with his New Japan commitments he would probably just be a transitional champion. Who after him? Maybe a 2nd Adam Cole reign.

I know most here like Kyle O'Reilly, but I just don't see him in a main event, world championship level. I also think his best role is the cocky arrogant heel.

I've already stated I think it's ACH's time with the TV title. Maybe a Silas Young reign after that.

I also see War Machine with the tag belts eventually, but I almost think they would be better as heel champions.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

ROHfan2002 wrote:Assuming Lethal wins the World title, who should be next after him?
If he can keep up his current run through a Lethal reign, then I am wholeheartedly behind a second reign for Strong. He would work well either with a short babyface reign, or if they wanted a longer reign he is certainly able to transition into heel mode pretty smoothly.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

ROHfan2002 wrote:
I also see War Machine with the tag belts eventually, but I almost think they would be better as heel champions.
When was the last time we really had babyface tag champs? When the Briscoes beat SCUM?
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

JustSkiff wrote:
dhads7161 wrote:One of these days I want ton see an ROH wrestler sell a streamer. Like one doesn't unravel and hits them in the dome and they sell it like they just took a wicked chairshot.
Prince Nana did it.
As did Cabana
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

ROHfan2002 wrote:Assuming Lethal wins the World title, who should be next after him? I'm thinking maybe A.J. Styles at the 14th Anniversary PPV. However, with his New Japan commitments he would probably just be a transitional champion. Who after him? Maybe a 2nd Adam Cole reign.

I know most here like Kyle O'Reilly, but I just don't see him in a main event, world championship level. I also think his best role is the cocky arrogant heel.

I've already stated I think it's ACH's time with the TV title. Maybe a Silas Young reign after that.

There is only one answer to your first question: Kyle O'Reilly, anybody else would be a huge disappointment. I'm also not interested in a Styles run at this point, he has faced everybody on the roster in big singles matches already, a Styles reun would therefore be totally redundant in my opinion.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Kyle O'Reilly should and probably will be next after Lethal.

The situation with AJ hasn't changed. He can't win the belt because he could never drop it because he can't job because New Japan.

Roddy is great but as soon as he got the belt again everyone would remember that, like Elgin, he does not have the personality or charisma to be the world champ. There's a better chance of a second Cole reign than a second Roddy reign.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Burnside wrote:Kyle O'Reilly should and probably will be next after Lethal.

The situation with AJ hasn't changed. He can't win the belt because he could never drop it because he can't job because New Japan.

Roddy is great but as soon as he got the belt again everyone would remember that, like Elgin, he does not have the personality or charisma to be the world champ. There's a better chance of a second Cole reign than a second Roddy reign.
I think Lethal will drop the World Title at Final Battle against Kyle or maybe a little bit sooner, I don´t know. But ROH need a champion who can have long and awesome title matches just like Davey, Danielson and Nigel did. Kyle is the next big thing.

And yes, Cole is gonna win it again. Roddy is great in ring. maybe he´s in the best shape of his entire career, but he hasn´t got that IT factor and charisma to be the champ.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I just see Kyle O'Reilly in ROH as a tag team or TV Champion. I don't see top guy in him. I see TV Champion and tag wrestler.

How long do you think it will be until ROH is forced to either turn the Kingdom babyface or split Cole from the others because he's just too over that he can't be a heel?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

trufreedom wrote:
ROHfan2002 wrote:
When was the last time we really had babyface tag champs? When the Briscoes beat SCUM?
The American Wolves two week reign in 2013.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

What would you think of an ROH trios tournament?
Teams:
Styles, Young Bucks
Briscoes, Strong
Sabin, Kazarian, Daniels
reDRagon, Castle
RPG Vice, Romantic Touch
Cole, Bennett, Taven
Sydal, ACH, El Patron
The Decade, Silas Young
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

I think that would be great, but no Romantic Touch please. Maybe RPG Vice could team with another member of CHAOS. Or Alex Kozlov.

reDRagon with Castle doesn't quite fit. Maybe a guest in there.

And no Silas Young with the Decade. I would suggest Takaaki Watanabe as an "auditioner".

But in general I'm sure it would be very memorable.
isles11

Post by isles11 »

Assuming Lethal wins the World title, who should be next after him?
I think Cole beats whoever beats Briscoe.
And then Cole finally gets a pinball victory over him.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Meh, I don't think they should waist Briscoe's undefeated streak on a mediocre Pinball player like Cole
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Part of the reason ROH has a problem with creating and maintaining cool babyfaces is Kevin Kelly referring to someone as a "nice guy, in and out of the ring".

Wrestling already discovered in the '90s that being nice isn't a way to get over. Fans don't care who Kelly would let date his daughter.
Last Real Man Hype
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Spots that need to stop being done:

- Double crossbody collision.

- Crawl to your partner and hug their waist. Done by two different teams in two different matches at Global Wars. Also been done to death since MCMG or whoever created it.

- Non-comedy wrestlers selling Caprice Coleman's one-inch heart punch.

- "You hit me, I hit you." Effective if done right, but hardly ever is.

Feel free to add your own.
Last Real Man Hype