Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BurningHammer

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by BurningHammer »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:30 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:56 am Per WO, ROH has applied for work permits for RUSH, Lee, Bestia, Bandido, Flamita and Horus.

Hopefully that means Flamita and Horus are sticking around too, as we haven’t heard about their contract status yet.
Pretty sure Flamita and Horus are already under contract for 2021.
Yeah I thought they might have been, but at least this confirms they will be staying around for the whole year and probably more considering when they'll run out. I really want Flamita and Horus to cement themselves in ROH.

Regarding Impact, does it really matter, ROH still has a working relationship with New Japan it's just not front and centre, it wouldn't surprise me to see Power build to something with ROH down the line. With Impact ratings have been falling week on week no matter the media attention, or how many doors open it's all kind of redundant. Especially when Dreamer just main evented their last night.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

BurningHammer wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:05 am
BurningHammer wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:56 am Per WO, ROH has applied for work permits for RUSH, Lee, Bestia, Bandido, Flamita and Horus.

Hopefully that means Flamita and Horus are sticking around too, as we haven’t heard about their contract status yet.
Yeah I thought they might have been, but at least this confirms they will be staying around for the whole year and probably more considering when they'll run out. I really want Flamita and Horus to cement themselves in ROH.

Regarding Impact, does it really matter, ROH still has a working relationship with New Japan it's just not front and centre, it wouldn't surprise me to see Power build to something with ROH down the line. With Impact ratings have been falling week on week no matter the media attention, or how many doors open it's all kind of redundant. Especially when Dreamer just main evented their last night.
its annoying from hearing ec3 not is bright for picking roh over impact to only way roh can get talent is the new japan partnership
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:34 am
BurningHammer wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:05 am

its annoying from hearing ec3 not is bright for picking roh over impact to only way roh can get talent is the new japan partnership
You mean talent that can't actually go to Japan right now or at least in quite some time, that hasn't appeared for New Japan for again sometime, have signed onto ROH because of all of those things not actually existing and that New Japan is keeping ROH a float. Man there is some bullshit floating around in some heads there. If people think he's stupid, awesome, if I get to see him in ROH instead then that's great to me.

Impact is perfect for New Japan, as they will get everyone of their guys to be champ there, that wasn't going to happen in ROH. Pound for pound ROH has twice the talent selection Impact has and when Omega wrestles Bey, what's next the big Dreamer vs Omega, my word. It's all just lame hyperbole from one side, and that's not to say ROH is anyway perfect but I'm more exited for next weeks ROH TV than seeing another 'paid advertisement' from Impact, or someone throwing up a too sweet sign. Seriously wrestling is truly becoming a parody of itself and it's sad to see that's what selling at the moment.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Its dragon lee and kenny king vs the briscoes next week
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:18 pm Its dragon lee and kenny king vs the briscoes next week
If this gets anywhere close to how good Rush/Dragon Lee vs. Briscoes was then we are in for a treat.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Nice match there, could really deliver.

Now this where ROH needs to start mixing it up, get OGK vs the Briscoes, same with SOS vs the Righteous so on and so on and we will start having ourselves a tag division. With everything ROH has set in motion we could be in for something pretty dam good booking wise if it all connects together.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Ring of Honor has been delivering the best professional wrestling on the planet for nearly two decades, and the company will celebrate its birthday by presenting the 19th Anniversary pay-per-view on Friday, March 26.

All ROH championships will be defended on the four-hour extravaganza, which gets underway with 19th Anniversary Hour One airing for FREE from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern on HonorClub, Best on the Planet, STIRR City, Facebook, YouTube, FITE and channels carrying the pay-per-view.

The 19th Anniversary pay-per-view event begins at 9 p.m. Eastern exclusively on HonorClub, pay-per-view and FITE.

Keep it locked into ROHWrestling.com and ROH’s social media channels for match announcements as the road to 19th Anniversary heats up.

The 19th Anniversary show and all other ROH pay-per-views are free for HonorClub members. HonorClub is available for just $9.99 per month and no long-term commitments are required.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

ROH TV was very good with more promo's/vignettes that advanced storylines or provided info about future.

I think "Lets dur it" is gonna be stuck in my head for a week.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Mike bennett wants kenny omega to appear in roh and private party wants gresham and lethal
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

https://twitter.com/Marq_Quen/status/13 ... 1535819778

Here is where the Private Party vs. The Foundation talk came from
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

It might happen given talent on both sides want it
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Is it possible when roh announced talent from their past would be at the ppv it could be talent from other companies like aew or impact
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

IF any AEW tag team would come in for a match i would prefer Santana/Ortiz vs Lethal/Gresham.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Private Party are pretty much inline with what I mean by fresh talent coming into ROH that need experience around them to iron out their issues. You put Private Party out there with Gresham/Lethal, The Briscoe's over a good period of time, and if there is anything to them, they will learn quickly and a lot. They have a lot of rough edges especially in the basics, like running the ropes, they do that very indy slight press against the ropes rather than using them like they should be. Get rid of just that basic element and they will move upwards quickly.

They do though have a lot of elements that are missing from tag teams in ROH in general especially as 'local' talent that would bring a lot of freshness to the division.

If in anyway there will be a link to AEW there are copious amounts of dream matches that I can think with ROH and them. Imagine LuchaBros vs LFI, RUSH and Penta is all sorts of money. I am perfectly happy if it doesn't happen at all as last night proved how good ROH is becoming.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Shanahan wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:00 am IF any AEW tag team would come in for a match i would prefer Santana/Ortiz vs Lethal/Gresham.
This.....all day. I miss watching the former LAX tear it up.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Show was great this week. 6 man was awesome. Next week looks good too.

Im not sure i want ROH working with AEW.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Per PWI, Flamita has signed a new deal.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Good News on Flamita. Think the Mexasquad can do some really big things in ROH when the opportunity presents itself.

As for AEW/Private Party... I think it's safe to say; ROH could use a few more regular tag teams. Private Party probably wouldn't be my first choice, but i wouldn't scuff at the deal. It fills a need, more exposure, and it helps PP out in the ring. Win-win to me.

I think LAX or Lucha Bros would be the ideal... as they are massively under used on Dynamite. Even Hybrid 2.0 Or some sort of development deal with Top Flight/The acclaimed as they are both pretty sloppy in the ring. Or just sign Bear Country and same type of development deal. Obviously they can't do all these teams; but i think there are options there.

Lots of options for tag teams; as AEW has kind of cornered that market.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

indyfan wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:07 am Show was great this week. 6 man was awesome. Next week looks good too.

Im not sure i want ROH working with AEW.
If Private Party or Top Flight came in to work a match or two just to get them ring time and get some growing ROH teams some exposure, that's fine. I don't want to see ROH doing a bigger storyline like Impact and AEW are, at this stage. ROH should continue to grow their brand and stick to the current style of presentation. The ROH tv show still feels completely different than all the other companies out there, no need to interfere with that.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

No way ROH should let an AEW team come in and take Ws from their own teams. Impact had to toss together Storm and Sabin to eat a pin in that 3 way match with Private Party and the Good Brothers.