Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
WebConn

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by WebConn »

I don't hate Cody's ROH reign as much as others do but I really want to see Dalton Castle get a run as ROH World Champion. Dalton is over and a true ROH homegrown act, I don't wanna get snotty but Bullet Club will eventually run it's course and ROH will find themselves without anyone with drawing power if they don't start elevating those who aren't BC or wrestling for New Japan. If Dalton had a longish run that would be great but I'd even take a two month run from Final Battle to the Anniversary Show. As long as at the TV Tapings in between Dalton defends the Championship against Silas Young and Colt Cabana playing off old feuds between the two. Pull the trigger see what happens, you can always put the strap back on Cody at the Anniversary Show, if it's a total flop but I don't think it will be.

This is all based on what I saw during Omega-Okada 2 and the G-1 Special and I have no idea what is going on between Cody and Omega in New Japan right now. But if they are still teasing Cody vs Omega and with Naito challenging Okada for the World Title, I'd run Omega vs Cody for the US title at WrestleKingdom. I'd have Cody go over. I think it'd make more sense Cody could defend the Championship more stateside in ROH. It opens Omega up to Challenge for Tanahashi's IC Championship possibly at SuperCard of Honor. Cody as IWGP US Champion keeps him with something to do in ROH while also letting Dalton run as ROH World Champion. Although one could argue that Cody as US Champion might overshadow Dalton as ROH World Champion.

There's alot of ways to go for SuperCard of Honor. I think the best way to go and probably the best draw is having Austin Aries show at the Florida TV tapings, start having Aries start ascending the ranks and then at SuperCard of Honor Aries challenges Dalton for the World Title. So at Supercard of Honor you run Dalton vs Aries for the ROH World Title as the Main Event with Dalton going over and in the Semi Main you Omega vs Tanahashi for the IWGP IC Championship with Omega going over. And You have Cody defend the US Championship up the card as well. I think that draws prett well.

Another way to go, which I wouldn't, is have Dalton vs Omega at Supercard with Omega going over and being ROH World Champion playing the Lesnar role only showing up for the PPVs and Supercards defending the championship for the remainder of the year as ROH builds a star to take the belt of Omega t the following years Supercard of Honor to finally dethrone Omega. And with Cody as IWGP US Champion Cody can main event PPV's and other shows defending his championship on the shows Omega isn't on making it the de facto main championship of ROH.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I was going to watch some old ROH shows on the website (I'm ringside member). For my surprise, when I went to the VOD section, I saw that now, there are only 2011-2016 shows availabe. What? I mean, if the new ROH Network won't start until next year, why the hell have they blocked the access to early ROH stuff?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

They answer me back:

No ETA at this time our team is working on editing them.

Christina Meyers

Ring Of Honor Wrestling

Executive Assistant
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Sounds like they're working on removing music they don't own the rights to use.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

thats good news for the stremaing serviece....i guess.

a shame that they have to cut music like mama said knock you out :/
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Well, that's what they get for using music they didn't properly license.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

If you try to enter on the VOD section or the PPV section (outside the Chicago iPPV) you see this text:
Temporarily Unavailable
The website that you're trying to reach is having technical difficulties and is currently unavailable.

We are aware of the issue and are working hard to fix it. Thank you for your patience.
So yeah, they are working on the new player and the ROH Network. Cool
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I just saw this guy on the roster page for the first time:
http://www.rohwrestling.com/wrestlers/r ... abrahantes

Says he's been the Spanish play by play guy since 2015. I wasn't aware that ROH had any Spanish commentary at all. Is that just for PPVs? Because as far as I know ROH doesn't have any TV deals in Spanish speaking countries. Just the US, Canada, India, and Portugal. And I don't ever recall seeing a Spanish option on the iPPVs/VODs or the Youtube channel.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

yeah...for some ppv i see the guy with another commentator for a long time.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

famicommander wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:20 am Sounds like they're working on removing music they don't own the rights to use.
They've been working on editing and remastering footage for over a year now.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NJPW has drawn more fans through October 2017 than they did in the entire year of 2016:

They are averaging ~2,434 fans per show this year. For those who remember, ROH averaged 1,105 fans per show from January through June this year. It's will be interesting to see what the final 2017 average will be, as I feel like the second half of the year has had bigger attendances.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

@TheJonGresham came to @ringofhonor 10 years too late.
The Pure Championship is tailor made for that man. So much fun to watch.
#bringitback
@TheJonGresham: This is true... ✊time to #restorethehonor

would you guys like to see the pure championship back?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I'd be more than okay with that but that has to be the last men's title for a very long time.

World Championship
Television Championship
Pure Championship
Tag Team Championship
Six-Man Tag Team Championship

That's 8 guys with belts at any given time, which is a lot for a company with a roster the size of ROH. Not to mention NJPW titles frequently appearing on ROH TV and being competed for by ROH talent overseas.

And we know we're getting a Women of Honor Championship eventually.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

lio rush: good wrestler, dumb person.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

famicommander wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:28 am I'd be more than okay with that but that has to be the last men's title for a very long time.

World Championship
Television Championship
Pure Championship
Tag Team Championship
Six-Man Tag Team Championship

That's 8 guys with belts at any given time, which is a lot for a company with a roster the size of ROH. Not to mention NJPW titles frequently appearing on ROH TV and being competed for by ROH talent overseas.

And we know we're getting a Women of Honor Championship eventually.
I think the "two birds with one stone" solution here would be to turn the TV Title into a Pure Title. The whole concept of a TV Title has always felt really stupid to my modern eyes. What does it mean to be the champion of TV? A Pure Title would have rules different from the ROH World Title so it is a different "style" and therefore can have it's own champion.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I would love even if they did a Pure Wrestling tournament once a year.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

TYFDK wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:54 am I would love even if they did a Pure Wrestling tournament once a year.
This. Just straightforward wrestling. Lethal is the only guy around that's a former Pure Champion, so it would definitely have a fresh feel to it.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Yeah, I'd love that. Maybe make it for an ROH Title shot at a minor show, or at WK or something.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

monster mafia wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:02 am lio rush: good wrestler, dumb person.
I knw this is the Random Thoughts thread but that was really random. Did he say or do something stupid?
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Ray Rowe engaged