Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by AlexROH »

The new ROH website looks super cool! Finally a great and modern website.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

It does! Anyone sign up yet to see what's in the archive?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

TYFDK wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:35 am It does! Anyone sign up yet to see what's in the archive?
ROH TV (SBG) entire archive
ROH HDNet Season 1
Shows from 2011-2018
3 shoots interviews, some pre-shows matches and 1 Danielson compilation.

They still have to add shows from 2002-2010.

From what I've read too, they'll do trivias and pick ems so fans can earn some discounts.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

The shop section of the website needs a bit of work -- DVDs are lacking in full descriptions and it functions a bit awkwardly
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Montana wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:12 am Maybe i missed something.... but is it me, or is ROH way behind on DVD releases? There last released was The Sept 22nd show Death Before Dishonor. So there are like 5 months behind on Dvds? I ordered all of the most recent DVDs on 1 september, and in the past 160 ish days only 4 new DVDs released?!?

I assume they are building up for HonorClub and the VOD service, but still. Guess i'll just be wait.
I emailed ROH Help about this last week, I'll update if I receive a response. I'm kind of worried they'll decide now is as good of a time as any to get out of the DVD business, but hopefully not.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

maxx_powerz wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:45 pm
Montana wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:12 am Maybe i missed something.... but is it me, or is ROH way behind on DVD releases? There last released was The Sept 22nd show Death Before Dishonor. So there are like 5 months behind on Dvds? I ordered all of the most recent DVDs on 1 september, and in the past 160 ish days only 4 new DVDs released?!?

I assume they are building up for HonorClub and the VOD service, but still. Guess i'll just be wait.
I emailed ROH Help about this last week, I'll update if I receive a response. I'm kind of worried they'll decide now is as good of a time as any to get out of the DVD business, but hopefully not.
I feel like it's a mistake. They should cut down on production costs somehow, or just do something that would save them money. But I think getting rid of all dvd's would be a bad idea. PWG is still all about dvds. Maybe the masses don't watch dvds anymore, but wrestling fans still do. I think so, atleast.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

With the Golden Lovers reunion, and Omega wrestling Cody at Supercard, it makes me curious to what Ibushi does. I'd think Scurll, but I think he wrestles Castle for the title. Maybe Ibushi against another Bullet Club guy? Who else would there be? I guess Hangman, but using Ibushi to wrestle Hangman Page seems like a waste of Kota
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Ibushi vs Jay Lethal?
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Global Wars DVDs are for sale, Chicago is a two disc set.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Golden Lovers (Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi) vs. The Young Bucks confirmed for STRONG STYLE EVOLVED

HOLLY SHIT.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Shane Taylor mentioned that the only black champions in ROH were Jay Lethal and Kenny King.

Either he was only talking about singles wrestling or he forgot Shelton Benjamin and possibly Rocky Romero (I know Rocky is a Puerto Rican born in Cuba, but I don't know what ethnicity or ethnicities he is).

Hard to believe Caprice Coleman never got any title reigns -- not even a tag or six man.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Strange they never put the belts on the C&C Wrestle Factory.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

So Katsuyori Shibata and Scorpio Sky are going to be running the NJPW US Dojo.

Seems like a lot better duo than the trio of Delirious, Cheeseburger, and Will Ferrara running the ROH Dojo. Why not guys like BJ Whitmer, Caprice Coleman, Brutal Bob Evans, Chris Daniels, etc?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I know some don't really care for him, but I hope ROH books Josh Woods more this year.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

TYFDK wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:12 am I know some don't really care for him, but I hope ROH books Josh Woods more this year.
He has been such a non-factor that I didn't even notice he wasn't getting booked much until you brought it up. I think he's done fine, but we'll never know unless he is given the chance to deliver on a high level, and the way the company books it's shows and constructs its cards just doesn't allow for that.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

TYFDK wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:12 am I know some don't really care for him, but I hope ROH books Josh Woods more this year.
I agree. I think Woods will continue to improve the more he is booked. He needs reps in the ring.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

They really need to expand TV to two hours per week (and leave it there forever... under no circumstances should they go to three)
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

famicommander wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:58 am They really need to expand TV to two hours per week (and leave it there forever... under no circumstances should they go to three)
My hopes is if they do in fact get onto WGN America, that'll be a completely different hour than the SBG show. Kinda like how ECW had the TNN show and the syndicated show.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Nigel vs. Tyler Black from the PA National Guard Armory happened ten years ago today. It's still one of my favorite matches I've seen live.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

famicommander wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:58 am They really need to expand TV to two hours per week (and leave it there forever... under no circumstances should they go to three)
First, I think they really have to restructure how they format TV tapings as well as the way they generate creative. If not, we're literally just going to have an hour a week booked by Cody and the Bucks because Johnston can only barely hang on now.