Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
The Dragon Saga

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by The Dragon Saga »

GardenStateSaint wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:55 am Did they really not have any new DVDs at SCOH? It's the middle of April and still no Final Battle. And yes, I know other things are due out before that.
Their decomissioning the DVD's in-order to add more to the on-demand service. As I've mentioned before, a lot of the back catalouge has been remastered and edited, why they aren't releasing it in pieces IDK, but the DVD part of their business is probably now the most unimportant. It's evolution.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:33 pm
GardenStateSaint wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:55 am Did they really not have any new DVDs at SCOH? It's the middle of April and still no Final Battle. And yes, I know other things are due out before that.
Their decomissioning the DVD's in-order to add more to the on-demand service. As I've mentioned before, a lot of the back catalouge has been remastered and edited, why they aren't releasing it in pieces IDK, but the DVD part of their business is probably now the most unimportant. It's evolution.
Have they said anything officially on the matter?
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Cary Silkin Teases ROH TV Going Live; Opens Up About ROH’s Influence, Cody & The Bucks Going All In, More

http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/ne ... ucks-going
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

And they have FOUR shows before they even get to Final Battle. By the end of the UK tour, they are going to be hopelessly behind.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Random Thought #1: Kenny King and Jay Lethal have never had any real experience with each other in singles. A program between them, in the structure of Sinclair, could present a lot of subversive material.

Random Thought #2: Just imagine how good Punishment Martinez and Truth Martini would be. They were made for each other.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Wilson wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:28 am Random Thought #1: Kenny King and Jay Lethal have never had any real experience with each other in singles. A program between them, in the structure of Sinclair, could present a lot of subversive material.

Random Thought #2: Just imagine how good Punishment Martinez and Truth Martini would be. They were made for each other.
I love both of these ideas so much. To tie them together, if Truth came back wouldn't he want revenge on Lethal. Lethal basically abandoned Martini after his injury. Truth returns to give Martinez direction and that direction is destroying Lethal. Doing so can propel Martinez to wherever he wants to go in ROH.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I know she just wrestled last year on the BITW weekend, but last weekend I had the pleasure to talk with Kris Wolf and it was pretty awesome. Her story is amazing and I feel like I should share this with you.

This in an audio interview (in english). The interview starts at 2:30, bc I did a little interview in spanish at the beginning.

Hope you like it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXbfXP3 ... e=youtu.be
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Will ROH ever do a WOTW type tour with CMLL? I figure a Texas weekend would be perfect for that.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

dhads7161 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 5:26 am Will ROH ever do a WOTW type tour with CMLL? I figure a Texas weekend would be perfect for that.
Great idea. I don't know why this hasn't been pushed further. If they are interested in expanding their audience with the Hispanic market, it seems like a no-brainer. Plus Taven is a certifiable lead heel for cross promotional purposes, being that he is a champion there that ROH casually mentions, if it all. The corporate tools of SBG are Trump supporters so maybe that's a stumbling block.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Maybe ROH just doesn't feel like CMLL is popular enough for a cross promotional tour like NJPW is but they should still try once especially with Taven's success in CMLL and the fact they really haven't tested it out yet. You'll never know unless you try and even if ticket sales were low for it, it wouldn't be a total flop because it was a test of the waters.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

dhads7161 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:30 am Maybe ROH just doesn't feel like CMLL is popular enough for a cross promotional tour like NJPW is but they should still try once especially with Taven's success in CMLL and the fact they really haven't tested it out yet. You'll never know unless you try and even if ticket sales were low for it, it wouldn't be a total flop because it was a test of the waters.
I have no idea what CMLL's touring schedule looks like. Do they have a break where it makes sense for them to send that much talent to do some small to midsize shows with ROH. Would ROH be willingly to send talent to Mexico like they do Japan for Honor Rising?
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

So BitW card seems likely be Castle vs Cody vs Marty, Briscoes vs Bucks, SoCal Uncensored vs Kingdom and Martinez vs Page. Even after looking at the TV taping results, the TV title picture is fuzzy. Hoping Aries works the PPV, but not expecting it. Tough to tell where the rest of the pieces fit right now. I guess (unfortunately) Bully vs Flip is likely. Can"t see anything obvious for Lethal. If they had been pushing Gresham even a little in his non-Lethal matches, a Lethal vs Gresham match would make sense, but kind of feels like a waste of Lethal unless they have plans for Gresham going forward (wishful thinking). I miss anything else from a storyline perspective?
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Thinking some more about it, I assume if Aries works the PPV, it will be as part of the TV title match. But I saw someone mention somewhere here that Aries and Lethal have (somehow) never had a singles match together, so if I were able to fantasy book and Aries were available, that's the match I'd book.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

ROH might finally commit to a main PPV spot to the WOH championship match. TV Title defense has to involve Kenny and Silas somehow (whose beef wasn't really squashed at SCOH), potentially with Aries involved. And . . . throw in a random four way to determine a TV Title contender--Chuckie, Gresham, Lethal, Shane Taylor.

Actually, on Shane Taylor, I just had a horrifying epiphany: a Bully Ray-Shane Taylor link up is literally right there. Cursed, we're all cursed!!
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

If they are going to let the women main event it needs to be Dashwood vs Purrazzo
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I just mean a spot on the card. I don't think a traditional PPV match has been dedicated to women yet.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

nagata, ishimori, taichi for strong style evolved uk....rev pro sometimes have more variety to book njpw stars than njpw.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

monster mafia wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:54 am nagata, ishimori, taichi for strong style evolved uk....rev pro sometimes have more variety to book njpw stars than njpw.
I think it might be easier to get work visa equivalent in the UK than it is in America. But, that's baseless speculation.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Bullet Club's popularity has made Hunter Johnston even more lazy. The Bullet Club rose and that's all that he puts effort into. The Briscoes, Lethal, and Dalton have all been booked rather uninteresting because all Lizard Man cares about is Bullet Club. You can't blame BC they're not booking it, but Delerious really is just getting lazy with every tour.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

You can blame Delrious if you want, but when the fans sell out most of the buildings you run when you aren't doing anything but booking BC to do their house show shit, I'd save any good ideas I actually had for when the BC gravy train runs out too. You can call it lazy if you want, but in a job with so relatively little job security (historically speaking), I blame the fans eating up the current product more than the Booker who is giving them what they want.