Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:09 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:05 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:53 am

Skye blue will lose against storm even though she being built up on roh tv and mercedes lost even she wasn't pinned it's called 50/50 booking which people have critique wwe for years
So wait, we are future complaining? Skye beats 3 former champions to earn another title match, bad. Mercedes has had 3 matches in about a year. Just stop watching. Go watch tna, or jerk off to the PCO era of ROH. You are not intelligent enough to partake in adult conversations.
It's obvious you overlook everything tony khan does with roh

I’ve been pretty vocal about not liking directionless pro wrestling, which includes Ring of Honor. Just because I know Tony does not make him free of criticism. However, I don’t complain about things that haven’t happened yet. I’m not a petulant child that types like a mumble rapper sounds. Go touch grass.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:21 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:05 am

So wait, we are future complaining? Skye beats 3 former champions to earn another title match, bad. Mercedes has had 3 matches in about a year. Just stop watching. Go watch tna, or jerk off to the PCO era of ROH. You are not intelligent enough to partake in adult conversations.

I’ve been pretty vocal about not liking directionless pro wrestling, which includes Ring of Honor. Just because I know Tony does not make him free of criticism. However, I don’t complain about things that haven’t happened yet. I’m not a petulant child that types like a mumble rapper sounds. Go touch grass.
so you are ok with the 50/50 booking and out of 2 hour show with 10 matches or more matches only 2 or 3 matches have actually stories
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:25 am

so you are ok with the 50/50 booking and out of 2 hour show with 10 matches or more matches only 2 or 3 matches have actually stories
DID YOU EVEN READ WHAT I SAID? Go touch grass.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:52 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:25 am

What I'm saying if delirious was booking the exact same roh show tony khan is you would tear him to shreds
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:54 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:25 am so you are ok with the 50/50 booking and out of 2 hour show with 10 matches or more matches only 2 or 3 matches have actually stories
What I'm saying if delirious was booking the exact same roh show tony khan is you would tear him to shreds

Legit question, because I don’t know. Are you on the spectrum or dealing with a learning disorder of some sort? If not the whataboutism is truthfully sad, and you should go touch grass.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:09 pm

Legit question, because I don’t know. Are you on the spectrum or dealing with a learning disorder of some sort? If not the whataboutism is truthfully sad, and you should go touch grass.
Thanks for proving I'm right because you won't answer a question you have been asked by others on here and you always find ways to avoid answering it
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:12 pm

Thanks for proving I'm right because you won't answer a question you have been asked by others on here and you always find ways to avoid answering it

You do know it is possible to dislike two different styles of “television”, or is that too complex for you. Hunter’s run as booker was awful, the present day ROH has better talent and no direction. Now answer my question, or go touch grass.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:27 pm

You do know it is possible to dislike two different styles of “television”, or is that too complex for you. Hunter’s run as booker was awful, the present day ROH has better talent and no direction. Now answer my question, or go touch grass.
I rather have more of direction than elite talent
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:35 pm

Than you have no idea how to make money in business and should go touch grass.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:43 pm

I do think better stories and direction draws more people to your product than random matches
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:04 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:43 pm
I do think better stories and direction draws more people to your product than random matches
Then go start your own promotion and get off the internet
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

Well that was interesting.... ChrisVegas has a legitimate complaint with the new ROH product; and he repeatedly gets cyber bullied by Honorable Mention asking if he's handicapped and repeatedly telling him to touch grass. Honorable mention, you sound like the child in this situation.

Here nor there; it's not just ChrisVegas that doesn't love the new product. The product is changing; and likely never be what it once was. Certainly room to improve/grow. They've got a decent foundation; but as i think we all agree; no direction at the moment. Better than no ROH at all though; alot of talent still has jobs at least. It's a fun show. Think we all want it to be better.

Some talent has really shined in ROH; Willie Mack, Kyle Fletcher, AR Fox, WorkHorsemen, Action Andretti, .... while the champions other than maybe Athena; have been kinda lackluster so far. It's like 5-6 weeks from the PPV; and i have no clue who will face Claudio. They really haven't built anyone up like that. Samoa Joe i feel is barely around. Lucha Bros and Kingston have been hurt. Tracy/Rhett had some good momentum at first; but feels like i haven't seen them in like a month.

Also ; it looks like we now have Stokely Hathaway and Jerry Lynn on the board of directors. The segment was kinda odd; and i have no idea where they are going with it. Could see Stoke being really good in a heel GM like role; but just kinda odd how he got put in that position.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Montana wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:56 am Well that was interesting.... ChrisVegas has a legitimate complaint with the new ROH product; and he repeatedly gets cyber bullied by Honorable Mention asking if he's handicapped and repeatedly telling him to touch grass. Honorable mention, you sound like the child in this situation.

Here nor there; it's not just ChrisVegas that doesn't love the new product. The product is changing; and likely never be what it once was. Certainly room to improve/grow. They've got a decent foundation; but as i think we all agree; no direction at the moment. Better than no ROH at all though; alot of talent still has jobs at least. It's a fun show. Think we all want it to be better.

Some talent has really shined in ROH; Willie Mack, Kyle Fletcher, AR Fox, WorkHorsemen, Action Andretti, .... while the champions other than maybe Athena; have been kinda lackluster so far. It's like 5-6 weeks from the PPV; and i have no clue who will face Claudio. They really haven't built anyone up like that. Samoa Joe i feel is barely around. Lucha Bros and Kingston have been hurt. Tracy/Rhett had some good momentum at first; but feels like i haven't seen them in like a month.

Also ; it looks like we now have Stokely Hathaway and Jerry Lynn on the board of directors. The segment was kinda odd; and i have no idea where they are going with it. Could see Stoke being really good in a heel GM like role; but just kinda odd how he got put in that position.
I'm glad roh is still around I was just pointing out it has no direction and because of that will have a hard time drawing new viewers by not making roh feel like you have to spend 10 dollars a month to watch the product and it won't help that the wrestling scene is getting more crowded with even more weekly tv that you don't have to go out of your way to pay more for
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Roh has no direction which makes it hard to attract new viewers to pay extra money to watch when you already have lots of wrestling that's part of your cable bill or is free rather it's wwe aew or mlw
AnHonorableMention

I don’t think either of you can read because the entire point was I don’t care for the current ROH product because it has no direction. But sit there and play in each other’s grass. One day reading won’t be so hard.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:26 am Roh has no direction which makes it hard to attract new viewers to pay extra money to watch when you already have lots of wrestling that's part of your cable bill or is free rather it's wwe aew or mlw
The stop talking about it and stop paying for it. It’s not rocket science.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:47 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:26 am Roh has no direction which makes it hard to attract new viewers to pay extra money to watch when you already have lots of wrestling that's part of your cable bill or is free rather it's wwe aew or mlw
The stop talking about it and stop paying for it. It’s not rocket science.
I think others can agree you have friends in roh and have idea what roh should be that you go after anyone that thinks a different opinion on roh or what roh should do better
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:45 am I don’t think either of you can read because the entire point was I don’t care for the current ROH product because it has no direction. But sit there and play in each other’s grass. One day reading won’t be so hard.

When I pointed this out in March about no direction/stuff randomly thrown together you told me I was wrong, biased & how it was all coming together after the PPV. Most of us hit the nail on the head when we said it was ROH Dark. You can say you don’t like the direction now but you were extremely aggressive to anyone who showed an ounce of negativity back then.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Shanahan wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:52 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:45 am I don’t think either of you can read because the entire point was I don’t care for the current ROH product because it has no direction. But sit there and play in each other’s grass. One day reading won’t be so hard.

When I pointed this out in March about no direction/stuff randomly thrown together you told me I was wrong, biased & how it was all coming together after the PPV. Most of us hit the nail on the head when we said it was ROH Dark. You can say you don’t like the direction now but you were extremely aggressive to anyone who showed an ounce of negativity back then.
If I remember correctly he said there was nothing wrong with it being aew dark because there was good matches on there
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:52 pm

I think they did a fine build to Supercard. Since then, it's been like me driving without a GPS. Long list of submitted ideas from me that never got touched. Citing an opinion from 4 months ago is rather preposterous as well. Don't think it's Dark level now at all.
Captain Podcast