Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by monster mafia »

the social media of this company sometimes...

my god,,is awful.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Are you going to provide any context to that or are we left to our own devices here?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

TYFDK wrote:Are you going to provide any context to that or are we left to our own devices here?

Joshi Peroresu??? https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 8666659840

also the vod of chicago is not available yet
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Dragon Lee will challenge for the World TV Title at Final Battle

2 cmll stars to debut at survival of the fittest weekend
Last edited by monster mafia on Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Unfortunately it was Gregg's day to do twitter and keep his new job of updating the website unfortunately like last time it hasn't gone so well, spelling mistakes galore and unfortunately failing to upload GBH and again without including any Match Info.

Honestly why ROH can't find anyone with some competence to do this is beyond me. I would quite happily do it for free and I have a feeling I would be able to do it.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

BurningHammer wrote:Unfortunately it was Gregg's day to do twitter and keep his new job of updating the website unfortunately like last time it hasn't gone so well, spelling mistakes galore and unfortunately failing to upload GBH and again without including any Match Info.

Honestly why ROH can't find anyone with some competence to do this is beyond me. I would quite happily do it for free and I have a feeling I would be able to do it.
I WOULD LIKE TO HELP THEM TOO!

who is gregg?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

monster mafia wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:Unfortunately it was Gregg's day to do twitter and keep his new job of updating the website unfortunately like last time it hasn't gone so well, spelling mistakes galore and unfortunately failing to upload GBH and again without including any Match Info.

I WOULD LIKE TO HELP THEM TOO!

who is gregg?
I imagine Gregg Is the infamous Gregg the "office boy" as Cornette gleefully used to call him.

His full name can be found out the bottom of the events page information on the VOD uploads or whatever is there, his name usually is.
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

monster mafia wrote:

Dragon Lee will challenge for the World TV Title at Final Battle

2 cmll stars to debut at survival of the fittest weekend
Awesome! It will be hard to top Lee vs Fish
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Big Red Machine wrote: The faction feels like they are where they should be in terms of being top heels, but it doesn't feel like there is much going on for anyone other than Cole. Page is basically their job-boy and has been the whole time. The Bucks might have challengers, but Castle and Cabana in no way feel like a credible team
Spoiler: show
and the Briscoes feel like they just got done with Bullet Club so having them going right back to feuding with them already feels tired.
When I said that the Bullet Club was shoring up the main event and the upper midcard, I was of course excluding Page. Now that he isn’t challenging Fish at Final Battle, his direction looks particularly bleak. (It would be awful if he missed the show two years in a row.)

Life breathes in the degrees of contrast. The Bucks as champions, especially after such an exciting match at ASE, come off as incredible when compared to the reigns of War Machine and The Addiction. Their being champions really interests me; I want to see their title defenses. CastleCabana and the Briscoes are probably not the best built challengers, but they are both good babyface teams that have decent win/loss records (more so that the former team does well in singles.)
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Apparently RD Evans works on the creative side for the WWE.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

ROH should let ACH walk when his contract is up and use that money to sign Jason Kincaid, Shane Taylor & Keith Lee.

ACH has proven he can´t be trusted everytime they started to push him. If he didn´t sign with WWE or TNA they can still use it has special attraction when they need to put someone over with a good match but having him to do nothing with him is a waste of money.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

(I actually really enjoy when Ring of Honor does goofy things that acknowledge time passing in the real world and do nothing else other than send well wishes.

Don't ban me.)
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

https://twitter.com/RevProUK/status/789486929024847873

Rev Pro-ROH relationship makes a lot of sense, way more than PCW.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NJPW already works with RevPro and wXw.

Really, it seems like a no brainer for ROH, NJPW, CMLL, RevPro, and wXw to all work together. Five promotions in five different countries. A unified front against WWE.

Might be a way to keep certain talent from jumping to NXT/WWE.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

famicommander wrote:NJPW already works with RevPro and wXw.

Really, it seems like a no brainer for ROH, NJPW, CMLL, RevPro, and wXw to all work together. Five promotions in five different countries. A unified front against WWE.

That sounds like a global force of sorts to me! :lol:
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Imagine if these 5 partnerships were given a TV deal together? Like one week you'd have a match from Germany, the UK, and the US, then the next you've got Mexico, Germany and Japan. I don't know, like a hybrid wrestling show. I don't know, leave me alone.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

GardenStateSaint wrote:
famicommander wrote:NJPW already works with RevPro and wXw.

That sounds like a global force of sorts to me! :lol:
The difference being all five of those promotions exist outside Jeff Jarrett's head
TYFDK wrote:Imagine if these 5 partnerships were given a TV deal together? Like one week you'd have a match from Germany, the UK, and the US, then the next you've got Mexico, Germany and Japan. I don't know, like a hybrid wrestling show. I don't know, leave me alone.
Honestly? A shared video subscription service. Or maybe some kind of tiered deal where you subscribe to each individual promotion's service individually, but it gets cheaper the more you buy. Like one promotion for $5 per month, 3 for $10, five for $15. CMLL and NJPW probably aren't interested in having their futures tied long term to small time promotions in big markets, and maybe ROH isn't either. But it's fun to think about.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

FloSports has lauched FloSlam, a on-line wrestling service that will offer "unlimited access to the best profesional wrestling content on the planet":

- Live stream from "top wrestling events around the world"
- Archived event library
- Original documentaries

PWInsider reports that they've being in talks with some big indy promotions. WWE also invest in the proyect back in summer. Will ROH be part of this new network? I don't think so, but it could be interesting.

https://www.floslam.tv/signup?next=/
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

AlexROH wrote:FloSports has lauched FloSlam, a on-line wrestling service that will offer "unlimited access to the best profesional wrestling content on the planet":

- Live stream from "top wrestling events around the world"
- Archived event library
- Original documentaries

PWInsider reports that they've being in talks with some big indy promotions. WWE also invest in the proyect back in summer. Will ROH be part of this new network? I don't think so, but it could be interesting.

https://www.floslam.tv/signup?next=/
I think ROH should definitely get on board with this. They could finally get their entire library up somewhere (which is a potential gold mine that they have yet to take advantage of), and it could play a role in keeping certain guys (like The Young Bucks) from jumping to WWE.