Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Not sure if this was mentioned in this threat already or not, but Jay Lethal is working NJPW King of Pro-Wrestling 2016. He'll be teaming with Tanahashi, Elgin, & KUSHIDA against Los Ingobernables de Japon.

ROH World Champion Adam Cole will also be on that show, but in another multi-man tag.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Speaking of Cole, isn't he supposed to head to CMLL for a title defense soon too?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

TYFDK wrote:Speaking of Cole, isn't he supposed to head to CMLL for a title defense soon too?
Is he? This is the first I've heard of it.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Maybe I just got confused by this tweet:

Adam Cole ‏@AdamColePro Aug 29
Hmm. @ringofhonor, @njpw1972, and now @CMLL_OFICIAL. Let the "AC WORLD Tour" begin. #WorldChampion #WorldDomination

And speaking of Twitter, going off how ROH has responded to people on there in the past 24 hours, it seems like whoever is running that now is already cooler than Jeff Jones.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

TYFDK wrote:Maybe I just got confused by this tweet:

Adam Cole ‏@AdamColePro Aug 29
Hmm. @ringofhonor, @njpw1972, and now @CMLL_OFICIAL. Let the "AC WORLD Tour" begin. #WorldChampion #WorldDomination

And speaking of Twitter, going off how ROH has responded to people on there in the past 24 hours, it seems like whoever is running that now is already cooler than Jeff Jones.
I mean, it's totally possible that Cole could be making CMLL appearances. I just hadn't heard or noticed anything about it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was like a one week period several months ago that ROH's Twitter was really open and responsive (the whole "Adam Cole Isn't Booked For These Shows" stuff), and then just went back to normal? I'd be all for more openness by the ROH Twitter Account.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

You're right on that. Said basic mumbo jumbo in regards to city returns, too, but yeah that was awesome. Hopefully this is more like that.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

So after he gets his big win over Jay Briscoe at the last PPV, Page is back to doing jobs, first for Elgin on TV and now for Kyle at the PPV. That's a f*cking waste.
Big Red Machine

Is there a way to see which matches are on the VOD before buying it? There used to be a screen that let you do that, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Big Red Machine wrote:Is there a way to see which matches are on the VOD before buying it? There used to be a screen that let you do that, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore.
You can always check cagematch...
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Sorry if I shouldn't be posting this here, but is anyone else getting redirected to a page that says "508 Resource Limit Is Reached. The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later." or is it just me?
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Mike Adamle wrote:Sorry if I shouldn't be posting this here, but is anyone else getting redirected to a page that says "508 Resource Limit Is Reached. The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later." or is it just me?

same thing here
Big Red Machine

monster mafia wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Sorry if I shouldn't be posting this here, but is anyone else getting redirected to a page that says "508 Resource Limit Is Reached. The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later." or is it just me?

same thing here
It happened to me last night, but hasn't happened since.
Big Red Machine

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Is there a way to see which matches are on the VOD before buying it? There used to be a screen that let you do that, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore.
Yeah, but not everyone knows about cagematch. And even if they did, they should still have a listing of the matches available. If you expect people to buy the card, you've got to let them know what they will be getting for their money, or else they won't buy it.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Big Red Machine wrote:
monster mafia wrote:

same thing here
It happened to me last night, but hasn't happened since.
It's been happening to me on & off for the last few days.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Good for him, guy deserves it.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

The ROH Update on the YouTube page is so pointless now. All that's really said is 'check this out on the ROH website' or 'here's a match that was already announced on the website.'

At least break some news on there. They did with the Ospreay and Scurll announcements, but they've barely done jack since then.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

TYFDK wrote:The ROH Update on the YouTube page is so pointless now. All that's really said is 'check this out on the ROH website' or 'here's a match that was already announced on the website.'

At least break some news on there. They did with the Ospreay and Scurll announcements, but they've barely done jack since then.
Well, I mean, they're not going to sign new wrestlers every day or they'd have hundreds of wrestlers in no time.

I assume some days will be slower than others but that will make the big days even more impactful.
theskeep

Post by theskeep »

Big Red Machine wrote:
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Yeah, but not everyone knows about cagematch. And even if they did, they should still have a listing of the matches available. If you expect people to buy the card, you've got to let them know what they will be getting for their money, or else they won't buy it.
Pretty sure Meltzer said they let go of some guys involved with production. I would guess that would be the reason for their shit looking so bush league right now. Really does look unprofessional. The old pages had all the show info and everything, now they have multiple pages for the same event, it's just sloppy looking
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so ach said this tonight on the aaw show

"Im committed to my wife, but I don't think my wife appreciates me like you guys do"

"Lots of other marriage puns, but ends with "I'll soon be divorced. And I love you!"