Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
JTCole

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by JTCole »

Oh yeah forgot about the UK tour
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

just a question...are you ready for a potential roh world champion cody rhodes
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

monster mafia wrote:just a question...are you ready for a potential roh world champion cody rhodes
As a glass half full optimist, I think that a) if the reign sucks, it certainly won't be due to a lack of effort on Cody's part, b) there is pretty much nothing but fresh matches to book him in and c) the power dynamic and / or amount of interaction between Cody and Marty and the Bucks could be real interesting.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

maxx_powerz wrote:the power dynamic and / or amount of interaction between Cody and Marty and the Bucks could be real interesting.
I think that's what a lot of us were hoping would eventually happen when Cole joined Bullet Club but it never materialized, so I don't have much hope on this one.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Big Red Machine wrote:
maxx_powerz wrote:the power dynamic and / or amount of interaction between Cody and Marty and the Bucks could be real interesting.
I think that's what a lot of us were hoping would eventually happen when Cole joined Bullet Club but it never materialized, so I don't have much hope on this one.
I mean, that has more to do with Kenny than the booking, imo. By the time Cody announced his intentions, Cole was on his way out.

But now, you have Cody as the presumed next champion while the Bucks and Kenny choose Marty to replace Cole, the previous "leader" of Bullet Club USA or whatever you want to call it. Maybe Delirious will have Marty try to win the TV title back or go after the six man titles and co-exist with Cody. But hopefully they play up the tension and build to Marty trying to take Cody's spot.
Big Red Machine

maxx_powerz wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
I mean, that has more to do with Kenny than the booking, imo. By the time Cody announced his intentions, Cole was on his way out.
Yes, but there were opportunities to do so that were missed as well (well... mostly just Honor Rising this year, but they could have done something there). Also, if I'm booking ROH and my intention is to do that, I am at least going to try to book more than one show a year in Canada if that's what it takes to get Omega in so that I can do something with my intended angle (actually, they should be running Canada more often, anyway, but that's besides the point).
maxx_powerz wrote: But now, you have Cody as the presumed next champion while the Bucks and Kenny choose Marty to replace Cole, the previous "leader" of Bullet Club USA or whatever you want to call it. Maybe Delirious will have Marty try to win the TV title back or go after the six man titles and co-exist with Cody. But hopefully they play up the tension and build to Marty trying to take Cody's spot.
It just won't feel important to me if I know that it's really Omega who is the real leader and this is just a squabble between lieutenants.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

ROH is having a big Memorial Day sale! 25% off apparel, 35% off DVDs. I'm gonna pick up the 15th Anniversary show, maybe Manhattan Mayhem too
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Cool! I don't know which compilation should I buy. I'll get the Austin Aries one, but I have to choose between Steen's Hell Rising and Corino's 3 DVD Set. Any recomendations?
Montana

Post by Montana »

I'm sure it's been said before... but the ringside membership is pretty disappointing. Probably the last 3 times i've had it, the material hasn't changed and it's only accessible through the website. Would be nice if they added content monthly, and had access to the live VOD's for that month. It's basically just goes to pay for the extra 15% bonus.

Also since i'm on a rant, 29.95 to ship 10+ items / DVDs is nuts. Every time i order the cost of shipping goes up. Every time i go to a live event, they have less and less DVDs for sale.

I've said this YEARS ago, but it would be nice if ROH had an IOS / Android App that worked with Roku's/Firestick/XBoxs/PS4. IF done right, this would be a much improved user experience and easier for the consumer to support the product. Not to mention, it would be easier to support globally as well.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

On the other hand, I'm very happy with the membership. Ir would be cool to have more VOD shows from 05-09, but I think the price is fine. You had the show on mondays, which is cool of you live un Europe and can't watch it on TV. Plus, the discount is great if you buy every VOD show, like I do. When they have a sale, you have an extra discount.

Could it be better? Yes. But of you're going to buy every show it will help you a lot.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Montana wrote:Also since i'm on a rant, 29.95 to ship 10+ items / DVDs is nuts. Every time i order the cost of shipping goes up. Every time i go to a live event, they have less and less DVDs for sale.
It's almost like it's 2017 and DVD is a dying media. There's a reason why Shimmer has become totally irrelevant in recent years (that and being so grossly late with releases).
I've said this YEARS ago, but it would be nice if ROH had an IOS / Android App that worked with Roku's/Firestick/XBoxs/PS4. IF done right, this would be a much improved user experience and easier for the consumer to support the product. Not to mention, it would be easier to support globally as well.
Just create a subscription service like the Network. Once again, you can binge watch Progress (also Stardom and even NJPW for a couple bucks more) for two months for the price of ONE low-level ROH house show. THAT is just completely ridiculous, especially when the product is nothing special anymore.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Big Red Machine

Thelone wrote:
Montana wrote:Also since i'm on a rant, 29.95 to ship 10+ items / DVDs is nuts. Every time i order the cost of shipping goes up. Every time i go to a live event, they have less and less DVDs for sale.
It's almost like it's 2017 and DVD is a dying media. There's a reason why Shimmer has become totally irrelevant in recent years (that and being so grossly late with releases).
Just create a subscription service like the Network. Once again, you can binge watch Progress (also Stardom and even NJPW for a couple bucks more) for two months for the price of ONE low-level ROH house show. THAT is just completely ridiculous, especially when the product is nothing special anymore.
All of this.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

ROH TV is comming to India (411 Mania Wrestling):
Ring of Honor is set to air in India on a new network. Discovery Communications has announced that they have agreed to a deal with the promotion to broadcast ROH TV on their new Indian channel DSPORT, which launched earlier this year. This will bring ROH to over 70 million homes across the nation, a level comparable to Impact Wrestling’s potential US market on POP TV of 75 million homes. By comparison, the USA Network (Raw and Smackdown) is available in 96 million homes in the US.

The deal is the latest high-profile deal for a wrestling company in India, a country that is becoming increasingly popular for the industry. Impact Wrestling will be taping on a tour in the country soon and Jinder Mahal’s push in WWE is part of that company’s promotional push in India, resulting in his “Punjabi Championship Celebration” easily outperforming the rest of the company’s YouTube content.
Big Red Machine

AlexROH wrote:ROH TV is comming to India (411 Mania Wrestling):
Ring of Honor is set to air in India on a new network. Discovery Communications has announced that they have agreed to a deal with the promotion to broadcast ROH TV on their new Indian channel DSPORT, which launched earlier this year. This will bring ROH to over 70 million homes across the nation, a level comparable to Impact Wrestling’s potential US market on POP TV of 75 million homes. By comparison, the USA Network (Raw and Smackdown) is available in 96 million homes in the US.

The deal is the latest high-profile deal for a wrestling company in India, a country that is becoming increasingly popular for the industry. Impact Wrestling will be taping on a tour in the country soon and Jinder Mahal’s push in WWE is part of that company’s promotional push in India, resulting in his “Punjabi Championship Celebration” easily outperforming the rest of the company’s YouTube content.
Now all they need is an Indian for Daniels to drop the belt to and they'll have it made.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Too bad TNA has Sonjay Dutt now.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Good for ROH.

So that makes four countries where ROH is currently on TV, right?
USA - Sinclair stations, Comet, etc.
Canada - Fight Network
Portugal - Sport TV
India - DSPORT

I don't think they're on in France or Japan anymore but they were at one point.

You would think other English speaking countries would be a priority. UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, etc.

And maybe the major latin markets like Mexico and Puerto Rico.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

JTCole wrote:Too bad TNA has Sonjay Dutt now.
he chose tna over roh...weird.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

He's really good friends with Jeff Jarrett. And if he came to ROH he probably wasn't getting a title run of any sort.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

He also turned down WWE. He went to TNA because Jarrett probably guaranteed him a push knowing TNA were contractually obligated to do the tour of India or else be in breach of their Sony Six contract.
fidgetforever

Post by fidgetforever »

AlexROH wrote:ROH TV is comming to India (411 Mania Wrestling):

I am sooo excited. :)
thumbs up!