Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Big Red Machine »

famicommander wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:24 pm I didn't realize Rhodes had been Cody's legal last name since he was 17 years old, and is also Brandi's legal last name. I thought the legal name was Runnels.

Strange that WWE can still keep him from using it when it has been his legal name since he was a minor.
Are we sure this is true? If it was, then I don't see how WWE could possibly be keeping him from using his legal name. That was the whole reason that guys like Warrior and Chyna would change their legal names to their ringnames, and why Hall and Nash chose to go by their legal names rather than new gimmick names when they jumped to WCW- so they could use it without WWE interfering.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:43 pm
famicommander wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:24 pm I didn't realize Rhodes had been Cody's legal last name since he was 17 years old, and is also Brandi's legal last name. I thought the legal name was Runnels.

Strange that WWE can still keep him from using it when it has been his legal name since he was a minor.
Are we sure this is true? If it was, then I don't see how WWE could possibly be keeping him from using his legal name. That was the whole reason that guys like Warrior and Chyna would change their legal names to their ringnames, and why Hall and Nash chose to go by their legal names rather than new gimmick names when they jumped to WCW- so they could use it without WWE interfering.
Cody has said on multiple times that he has both Runnels and Rhodes on his legal identification.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Elgin being Elgin again. Besides his problem with Orleans and the girl on Glory Pro, now this girl has posted some texts from Elgin talking about Jeff Cobb:

"Not really liking him as a tag team partner"

"He doesn't still my spotlight. Dude cancelled 2 sponsors. Neves gives me heads up when he's doing anything just hangs out with War Machine. And debated an idea I had for our match which ppl should t cuz I don't have bad matches"

"I've got a ton more experience"

"He's ok, not over because no fire. And he doesn't get o understand it. Here that's why I'm over I've been here for almost 3 years"

Lol.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I don't get Elgin at all. He seems so sensitive and thick headed.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

fuck michael elgin...time proved roh right

worst roh world champion ever.
Big Red Machine

AlexROH wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:55 am Elgin being Elgin again. Besides his problem with Orleans and the girl on Glory Pro, now this girl has posted some texts from Elgin talking about Jeff Cobb:

"Not really liking him as a tag team partner"

"He doesn't still my spotlight. Dude cancelled 2 sponsors. Neves gives me heads up when he's doing anything just hangs out with War Machine. And debated an idea I had for our match which ppl should t cuz I don't have bad matches"

"I've got a ton more experience"

"He's ok, not over because no fire. And he doesn't get o understand it. Here that's why I'm over I've been here for almost 3 years"

Lol.
To be fair to him about the Cobb thing, those were private messages. It's not like he just decided to bash Cobb via Tweet. That being said, that doesn't change the sentiment being expressed.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

monster mafia wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:25 pm fuck michael elgin...time proved roh right

What about Xavier?
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

famicommander wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:05 am I don't get Elgin at all. He seems so sensitive and thick headed.
That picture everyone had of Elgin in 2014 turned out to be the real him. He pretty much admitted performing sexual abuse in his interview for the Kevin Steen Show.

Distressed to see that he'd never tried to change, despite marriage and his career rejuvenation. Indies should cut him out.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Next time Omega has a U.S. title defense in ROH how about we make it a serious match rather than the bullshit he had with Yoshi-Hashi? Give him a legit challenger maybe one of the best legit stars from ROH like Lethal, Jay Briscoe, Daniels, or Castle.
Big Red Machine

WebConn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:22 pm
monster mafia wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:25 pm fuck michael elgin...time proved roh right

What about Xavier?
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Xavier is heavily underrated. Gabe got everyone to buy into the angle that he was an undeserving champion because he wasn't as good as Christopher Daniels. Xavier had a great match every time he went out there as champion. That's more than some people (Homicide, Cody) can say.

Also, I think that, at this point, it's hard to argue that factually, the worst ROH World Champion of all time isn't Kyle O'Reilly.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I'd second KOR. A 15 day reign with no successful defenses and then he just disappeared after. At least Elgin tried.
Big Red Machine

The Dragon Saga wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:02 am I'd second KOR. A 15 day reign with no successful defenses and then he just disappeared after. At least Elgin tried.
I actually thought most of Elgin's reigns were pretty great. I actually have him ranked above Daniels, Xavier, both Briscoe reigns, Gibson, Homicide, Low Ki, Lynn, Cole 3, and Kyle.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I don't blame Kyle O'Reily for his reign being shitty that's more on management thinking if they gave him the belt he'd resign his contract and it didn't work so they had to take it off him.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Big Red Machine wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:37 am
The Dragon Saga wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:02 am I'd second KOR. A 15 day reign with no successful defenses and then he just disappeared after. At least Elgin tried.
I actually thought most of Elgin's reigns were pretty great. I actually have him ranked above Daniels, Xavier, both Briscoe reigns, Gibson, Homicide, Low Ki, Lynn, Cole 3, and Kyle.
Elgin had strong title defenses, but I'd say Briscoe 2 was better.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I think Jay Briscoe's title reigns are pretty underrated. That said, him chasing was better.

I genuinely believe his promo work from when he was stripped of the title to when he beat Cole at Final Battle was some of the best in ROH history. I fondly recall his promo on a PPV where he repeatedly called Michael Elgin a bitch.

"You bitch. Big headed bitch. I see you Michael Elgin. You big juiced up bitch!"
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Being the Elite has killed any potential for Page to be a vicious heel. He should be having violent wars of matches with the likes of Lethal and Daniels. Instead his gimmick has become a fucking cock joke.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:20 am
WebConn wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:22 pm

What about Xavier?
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Xavier is heavily underrated. Gabe got everyone to buy into the angle that he was an undeserving champion because he wasn't as good as Christopher Daniels. Xavier had a great match every time he went out there as champion. That's more than some people (Homicide, Cody) can say.

Also, I think that, at this point, it's hard to argue that factually, the worst ROH World Champion of all time isn't Kyle O'Reilly.
Can't disagree with any of this. Xavier vs. Paul London was as good or better than anything we have seen out of the last dozen or so champions. Saying Xavier is the worst ROH champion is fucking ridiculous and is just conditioned thinking because it's a popular opinion of the marks.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Cody retained his Title last Night in London in what described as a great match with dramatic last minutes and beliveable false finishes.

Match will be available on ROH website, or At least that what they said
Big Red Machine

AlexROH wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:50 am Cody retained his Title last Night in London in what described as a great match with dramatic last minutes and beliveable false finishes.

Match will be available on ROH website, or At least that what they said
This is in RevPro, right?