Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Shanahan wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:40 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:53 pm Here's 19 matches, inspite of most of it being completely pointless why wouldn't this get the hyperbole treatment. Nobody seems to see this.
Yea we never see anything, you are the only one that truly understands it.
Exactly, I’m definitely the smart one in this exchange.
Captain Podcast
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Assuming Collision doesn't flop I almost feel like at this point that nothing really matters until we see what roh looks and feels like when the new taping schedule starts. That said, as online as tony seems to be, his refusal to adjust to people wanting more quality and less quantity is concerning.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

AEW need more roster for Collision,who choose to be new ROH guy?
Montana

Post by Montana »

maxx_powerz wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:28 pm Assuming Collision doesn't flop I almost feel like at this point that nothing really matters until we see what roh looks and feels like when the new taping schedule starts. That said, as online as tony seems to be, his refusal to adjust to people wanting more quality and less quantity is concerning.
Seems like the look/feel of ROH will be similar to what it was when it was taped with Dynamite. Don’t see many if any changes for being taped with Collision.

They could air ROH live on HonorClub before Collision. Although that’s doubtful based on what we’ve seen so far.

I think until they adjust their schedule/cadence for ROH it is what it is. I’d love to see more touring and live events, but guess we aren’t there yet.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I think rampage will be going forward to help promote other companies like you seen tonight with njpw and roh
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Montana wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:23 am I think until they adjust their schedule/cadence for ROH it is what it is. I’d love to see more touring and live events, but guess we aren’t there yet.

The House Rules shows might as well be ROH shows but that isn't going to happen either.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere but when and/or why did AEW discontinue releasing physical copies of PPV events? I can't believe the reason is holding out for a streaming service down the road when they can make some sort of money now and appease a good portion of the fanbase.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

GardenStateSaint wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:29 pm Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere but when and/or why did AEW discontinue releasing physical copies of PPV events? I can't believe the reason is holding out for a streaming service down the road when they can make some sort of money now and appease a good portion of the fanbase.
Yepp. Very annoying. I kept checking every week. Nothing.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

Shanahan wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:57 pm
GardenStateSaint wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:29 pm Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere but when and/or why did AEW discontinue releasing physical copies of PPV events? I can't believe the reason is holding out for a streaming service down the road when they can make some sort of money now and appease a good portion of the fanbase.
Yepp. Very annoying. I kept checking every week. Nothing.
I heard months ago that ROH would do this. Which sucks, because I really do prefer physical media.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I believe the last DVDs AEW's released were in the AEW Quarterly crate. They released exclusive Best of Dark, Vol 1 & 2, and Best of Dark Elevation. They last store release was Double or Nothing 2022; and around that time the last ROH release was Supercard of Honor 2022; when Tony first took ROH over. Been radio silence ever since.

If/when they do a streaming service, i hope it's all in one. Not 10$ for AEW and 10$ for ROH.

I'd kinda prefer they just release like an annual PPV pack on DVD/Blu Ray. The AEW DVDs i thought looked pretty bad, compared to other DVDs of wrestling. I'm guessing with how they were filmed. I assume way down the road; they'll get re-released in a higher quality than DVD too, even with a streaming service. They'll be "collectors editions".
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

Long live physical media. The second Tony/ROH want to catch up on DVD releases I’m here for it!
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

Now can we hope Collision rosters also work for ROH?
When CM Punk was at ROH stage last time?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I think one of the issues with roh tv is you are building talent up only to lose on aew tv so it's given the viewer the impression the talent roh is trying to push is not important
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:25 am I think one of the issues with roh tv is you are building talent up only to lose on aew tv so it's given the viewer the impression the talent roh is trying to push is not important
Claudio Castagnoli
Samoa Joe
Katsuyori Shibata
The Lucha Bros(in tag matches)
Athena
Embassy(in trios)

When is the last time anyone lost in AEW in singles, or tags/trios for champs? How about Mark Briscoe, Eddie Kingston, the other top two singles in ROH?
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

McXal wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:20 am Long live physical media. The second Tony/ROH want to catch up on DVD releases I’m here for it!
You are my friend, don’t hold your breath.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:48 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:25 am I think one of the issues with roh tv is you are building talent up only to lose on aew tv so it's given the viewer the impression the talent roh is trying to push is not important
Claudio Castagnoli
Samoa Joe
Katsuyori Shibata
Athena
Embassy(in trios)

When is the last time anyone lost in AEW in singles, or tags/trios for champs? How about Mark Briscoe, Eddie Kingston, the other top two singles in ROH?
For example go look at the rampage spoilers from last night two of the talents roh is building up is being put in a lose situation
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:51 am
Claudio Castagnoli
Samoa Joe
Katsuyori Shibata
Athena
Embassy(in trios)

For example go look at the rampage spoilers from last night two of the talents roh is building up is being put in a lose situation

Courtesy of Shit bag Dave Scherer’s site where the professional gent Mike Johnson writes….

COMPLETE AEW RAMPAGE SPOILERS
by Billy Krotchsen @ 10:16 PM on 6/7/2023

AEW is taping Rampage:

*As the ring crew was changing the ring, they shot a segment on the stage with Jeff Jarrett and crew calling out Aubrey Edwards. Mark Briscoe came out and announced he got a six person match sanctioned with Jarrett & Jay Lethal & Karen Jarrett vs. Aubrey & Mark Briscoe & Papa Briscoe. If they said when the match was taking place, I missed it.

*Jim Ross came out to do commentary.

*Bandido & The Lucha Brothers defeated Big Bill & Lee Moriarty & Ethan Page when The Hardys came out and told Page they let him keep his contractual agreement but they were let down he wasn't using his gifts. They made him pull up Jeff Hardy-like sleeves and while doing so, Bandido hit him with his lucha-style Germany suplex off the ropes and pinned him. The Hardys celebrated with the Lucha Brothers and then made Page dance with the Hardys and Brother Z.

*Skye Blue won a Four Way, pinning Nyla Rose to earn a AEW Women's title shot at this Wednesday's Dynamite. Britt Baker and Mercedes Martinez were also competitors in the match.

*Powerhouse Hobbs pinned Caleb Crush with a BIG spinebuster. The QTV Crew were with Hobbs.

*The Acclaimed & Billy Gunn defeated Serpentico & Angelico & Luther.

What am I missing here?
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:44 am

Claudio Castagnoli
Samoa Joe
Katsuyori Shibata
Athena
Embassy(in trios)

Courtesy of Shit bag Dave Scherer’s site where the professional gent Mike Johnson writes….

AEW is taping Rampage:

*As the ring crew was changing the ring, they shot a segment on the stage with Jeff Jarrett and crew calling out Aubrey Edwards. Mark Briscoe came out and announced he got a six person match sanctioned with Jarrett & Jay Lethal & Karen Jarrett vs. Aubrey & Mark Briscoe & Papa Briscoe. If they said when the match was taking place, I missed it.

*Bandido & The Lucha Brothers defeated Big Bill & Lee Moriarty & Ethan Page when The Hardys came out and told Page they let him keep his contractual agreement but they were let down he wasn't using his gifts. They made him pull up Jeff Hardy-like sleeves and while doing so, Bandido hit him with his lucha-style Germany suplex off the ropes and pinned him. The Hardys celebrated with the Lucha Brothers and then made Page dance with the Hardys and Brother Z.

*Skye Blue won a Four Way, pinning Nyla Rose to earn a AEW Women's title shot at this Wednesday's Dynamite. Britt Baker and Mercedes Martinez were also competitors in the match.

*Powerhouse Hobbs pinned Caleb Crush with a BIG spinebuster. The QTV Crew were with Hobbs.

What am I missing here?
Skye blue will lose against storm even though she being built up on roh tv and mercedes lost even she wasn't pinned it's called 50/50 booking which people have critique wwe for years
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:53 am

AEW is taping Rampage:

What am I missing here?
Skye blue will lose against storm even though she being built up on roh tv and mercedes lost even she wasn't pinned it's called 50/50 booking which people have critique wwe for years
So wait, we are future complaining? Skye beats 3 former champions to earn another title match, bad. Mercedes has had 3 matches in about a year. Just stop watching. Go watch tna, or jerk off to the PCO era of ROH. You are not intelligent enough to partake in adult conversations.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:05 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:53 am

AEW is taping Rampage:

What am I missing here?
So wait, we are future complaining? Skye beats 3 former champions to earn another title match, bad. Mercedes has had 3 matches in about a year. Just stop watching. Go watch tna, or jerk off to the PCO era of ROH. You are not intelligent enough to partake in adult conversations.
It's obvious you overlook everything tony khan does with roh