Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AndyDiaz

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by AndyDiaz »

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

A RHETT TITUS PROMO EMERGES: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzPIe5mm6tU

Honestly, babyface lower card, low-stakes, non-libidinal Rhett Titus is probaly the best direction they can go with him.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Wilson wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:26 am A RHETT TITUS PROMO EMERGES: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzPIe5mm6tU

Honestly, babyface lower card, low-stakes, non-libidinal Rhett Titus is probaly the best direction they can go with him.
Looks like he'll debut a new persona tomorrow at the TV Tapings. Cool!
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Colt Cabana is advertised for the Edinburgh show of the UK tour, but nowhere else. If the commentary team is primarily Ian and Cabana going forward, I'm happy. Whitmer can fill in where need be.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Rhett Titus is awful. When can ROH pull the cord with him?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Shane Taylor beating the piss out of the young guys seems to be the way they are going with him. I think this is a good way to utilize him actually. I was initially skeptical when he attacked Josh Woods, but after he jumped Mikey Webb, it made more sense.

Taylor has lost some weight and he you can't deny he gives his all in the ring. He might turn out to be a decent mid-card guy in the long run.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:33 pm Colt Cabana is advertised for the Edinburgh show of the UK tour, but nowhere else. If the commentary team is primarily Ian and Cabana going forward, I'm happy. Whitmer can fill in where need be.
He'll be just on the Edinburgh show. He's in Scotland during august bc he'll be at some type of festival for comedians.

On the Other hand, Ian will be on London and Liverpool too.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:49 pm Shane Taylor beating the piss out of the young guys seems to be the way they are going with him. I think this is a good way to utilize him actually. I was initially skeptical when he attacked Josh Woods, but after he jumped Mikey Webb, it made more sense.

Taylor has lost some weight and he you can't deny he gives his all in the ring. He might turn out to be a decent mid-card guy in the long run.
I wouldn't hate it in a vacuum, but we saw the exact same thing go nowhere with a much better wrestler in Dijak, plus we've had Martinez do just about nothing for an entire year at this point (plus all of the other angles that spent months and months treading water that didn't involve big guys), so I'm not optimistic that anything worthwhile will actually come of it.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Wilson wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:26 am A RHETT TITUS PROMO EMERGES: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzPIe5mm6tU

Meh. Based on the ending of that promo Rhett Titus is unsalvageable. He desperately needs a change of scenery.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

hot take; young bucks are the best tag team in wrestling, but have worst looking merch.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

http://rohwrestling.com/wrestlers/roster

They made a small change to the roster page. Looks better.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

AndyDiaz wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:05 pm hot take; young bucks are the best tag team in wrestling, but have worst looking merch.
I can't imagine that there isn't someone out there with merch that looks worse. As for them being the best team in wrestling... I really hate to admit it at this point, but I'll agree.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I hope Cody vs. Trent for the title happens at one point. Maybe over in Japan or on a lower tier ROH Show
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:43 pm I hope Cody vs. Trent for the title happens at one point. Maybe over in Japan or on a lower tier ROH Show
I think this would make for an excellent house show match. Trent is one of the best babyfaces out there right now. ROH really needs to sign him and Chuck Taylor like... yesterday. Best Friends always make my TV a little brighter.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:37 am
AndyDiaz wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:05 pm hot take; young bucks are the best tag team in wrestling, but have worst looking merch.
I can't imagine that there isn't someone out there with merch that looks worse. As for them being the best team in wrestling... I really hate to admit it at this point, but I'll agree.
X2
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Agreed.

I want to see Trent in ROH and NJPW for years to come. Chuck too.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Briscoes are going to wXw's World Tag League this October. Plus, they're going on August to WCPW. First time the Briscoes have been in Europe, not for a ROH show, since 2011. Cool to see if this means they're going to take more bookings or maybe they'll be freelancers, idk.

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

AlexROH wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:00 am Briscoes are going to wXw's World Tag League this October. Plus, they're going on August to WCPW. First time the Briscoes have been in Europe, not for a ROH show, since 2011. Cool to see if this means they're going to take more bookings or maybe they'll be freelancers, idk.

At this point in their careers this a great move by The Briscoes. Who knows how much longer they want to keep doing this. The chicken farm is guaranteed income down the road regardless of wrestling. If this gives them more financial security in the future I am all for it.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

yesssssssssss
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

The Briscoes are allowed to take international bookings. Also there is no indication that their contracts are coming up, in fact I believe their contracts don't come up until next summer.