Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Big Red Machine »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:38 am So in a bout of boredom I decided to look at the ticket sales to every ROH event announced which allows you to view tickets remaining through Ticketmaster, and it appears that almost every single upcoming event sans two will inevitably sell out.

The only events I can't see tickets remaining for are the WOTW Michigan stop and the South Florida stop.

The only events that probably won't sell out are Concord - we're four days away and essentially the entire upper decks are available, but there's still over 1,000 seats sold to the show, maybe even 1,500 or so - and the 16th Anniversary TV taping which is the worst selling upcoming event. Even events like Pittsburgh, Columbus, all WOTW stops are selling better than it. In fact it appears less than 250 tickets have been sold, but I guess they haven't announced anything for that show so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Strong start to the year so far. There's also a UK tour expected in the first half of the year which hasn't been announced yet too, plus Honor Rising in Japan.
Is Honor Rising happening? I didn't see it on the website, and I'm not sure when New Japan would have time for it due to their own tour of Australia.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Yes, Honor Rising is happening. February 23 and 24 at Korakuen Hall.
Big Red Machine

famicommander wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:47 pm Yes, Honor Rising is happening. February 23 and 24 at Korakuen Hall.
Wow. Busy month for New Japan.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Not really a "thought" but I didn't know where else to post this:

ROH World Championship Match
Dalton Castle (c) vs. Tarkan Aslan
February 3rd, 2018
GWF Global Warming 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6ktIZG ... ture=share
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Should the Bucks end up sticking with Cody, what's the temperature on this one?

Nightmarish Bucks vs. Best Friends of Low Moral Fiber
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Is it me or does Mandy Leon run the ropes awkwardly? I mean this in strictly an observational way, but to me she seems like she's protecting her chest. If she's falling forward she can use her arms to cushion the blow. Whereas by coming full force off the ropes she leaves herself exposed in the chest area and enhances the risk of blowing out an implant. I'm not ripping on her. I feel she has improved immensely in the rest of her work, but man, the running of the ropes looks weird.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

A lot of it comes down to technique I feel. ROH Dojo student Stella Grey runs the ropes the same way and her body is more proportional than Mandy's. It is very Kelly Kelly like.

In the basic act of running yeah you are right.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:38 pm Is it me or does Mandy Leon run the ropes awkwardly? I mean this in strictly an observational way, but to me she seems like she's protecting her chest. If she's falling forward she can use her arms to cushion the blow. Whereas by coming full force off the ropes she leaves herself exposed in the chest area and enhances the risk of blowing out an implant. I'm not ripping on her. I feel she has improved immensely in the rest of her work, but man, the running of the ropes looks weird.
I feel like most women have issues running the ropes. Wwe, Impact, ROH, doesn't matter. Most of them seem to run up to the ropes, pause, turn, hit the ropes with their back, then bounce off. It looks like it's happening in slow motion. Alexa Bliss and Brandi Rhodes both do it nearly every time.

To me it's the most noticeable difference between how the men and the women actually wrestle.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Yeah, those are two good examples as well. Just really happened to notice it today when watching the match between Rayne and Leon.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Since he may be retiring, think there's a chance we see Mike Quackenbush have a final match or two in ROH this year? He already wrestled Jonathan Gresham last month, but I think that match and Quack vs. Flip Gordon would both be fantastic to see.
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

15 days away from Manhattan Mayhem and no talent announced or matches for this card.

Seems odd and with ROH in Japan the week prior, seems like there are going to be some rapid fire announcements in the days to come.
Big Red Machine

Thomas Bobo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:07 am 15 days away from Manhattan Mayhem and no talent announced or matches for this card.

This is the sort of thing that makes it impossible to get excited about most shows. There's just nothing to be excited about.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

They don't really need to announce anything because the show is already almost sold out. New York is going to ROH events to attend ROH events. They know the roster, they know what to expect, ROH do need to announce some matches to sell those last couple hundred tickets but truthfully its not that big of a priority. The show will sell out regardless.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Ian Riccaboni just tweeted this out:
@IanRiccaboni
3 minutes ago
Big @ringofhonor news this morning - international stars signed for #ManhattanMayhem. The names will be revealed today! These are names that have never competed in NYC for ROH before. Any guesses? #WatchROH
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

An announcement about an announcement will only make me check ROH's site more than usual.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

If it's not Rush then fuck off.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Come on TAICHI
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

So far Soberano Jr has been announced but Riccaboni said talents so we'll see what happens. Dalton vs Rush for the ROH Championship likes spice it up a little.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Maybe i missed something.... but is it me, or is ROH way behind on DVD releases? There last released was The Sept 22nd show Death Before Dishonor. So there are like 5 months behind on Dvds? I ordered all of the most recent DVDs on 1 september, and in the past 160 ish days only 4 new DVDs released?!?

I assume they are building up for HonorClub and the VOD service, but still. Guess i'll just be wait.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

I hope for something new to be at Manhattan Mayhem.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.