Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
JustSkiff

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by JustSkiff »

Leo C wrote:
Burnside wrote:- Young doing Sabu's Arabian press finisher makes zero sense for his character. Presumably, Silas Young's character hates Arabs and all foreigners. His finisher should be a lariat, which is a man's move.
Definitely agree with this. Makes absolutely no sense and the Lariat would be my pick for his finish also.

Another spot that really annoys me is when someone takes a top rope crossbody and rolls backwards and doesn't sell it. I mean, you took the same bump you would if he just hit you normally but because you did a roll you won't sell it? Not just in ROH this happens, but I think it's pretty stupid.
The sell is actually different than if it was a standard cross body. It is a roll, and not so much of a bump.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Jonathan Gresham should have a spot in ROH.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

JustSkiff wrote:
Leo C wrote:
Burnside wrote:- Young doing Sabu's Arabian press finisher makes zero sense for his character. Presumably, Silas Young's character hates Arabs and all foreigners. His finisher should be a lariat, which is a man's move.
Definitely agree with this. Makes absolutely no sense and the Lariat would be my pick for his finish also.

Another spot that really annoys me is when someone takes a top rope crossbody and rolls backwards and doesn't sell it. I mean, you took the same bump you would if he just hit you normally but because you did a roll you won't sell it? Not just in ROH this happens, but I think it's pretty stupid.
The sell is actually different than if it was a standard cross body. It is a roll, and not so much of a bump.
It normally looks too similar to a standard bump imo.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

GardenStateSaint wrote:Jonathan Gresham should have a spot in ROH.
Hell yeah, ROH needs the American Octopus
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

I picked up 'Japan's Finest' this past weekend with the discount. Has anyone seen this compilation and have any thoughts on it?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

lariat_tubman wrote:I picked up 'Japan's Finest' this past weekend with the discount. Has anyone seen this compilation and have any thoughts on it?
Yeeeeah I picked it too, I read an awesome review on 411 Mania. Cannot wait to see it.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

If the TV and World titles are merged at BITW (which Nigel kinda hinted at by saying that the winner would be the penultimate ROH champion), what should replace the TV belt as the midcard belt?
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Sandy Fork wrote:If the TV and World titles are merged at BITW (which Nigel kinda hinted at by saying that the winner would be the penultimate ROH champion), what should replace the TV belt as the midcard belt?
Did he really say "penultimate"? If so, I don't think that word means what he thinks it means.

It's pretty clear that the belts are not being merged.
Sandy Fork

Post by Sandy Fork »

Burnside wrote:
Sandy Fork wrote:If the TV and World titles are merged at BITW (which Nigel kinda hinted at by saying that the winner would be the penultimate ROH champion), what should replace the TV belt as the midcard belt?
Did he really say "penultimate"? If so, I don't think that word means what he thinks it means.

It's pretty clear that the belts are not being merged.
Might have been ultimate. I'll be honest and admit I don't always get his accent at times.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

lariat_tubman wrote:I picked up 'Japan's Finest' this past weekend with the discount. Has anyone seen this compilation and have any thoughts on it?
I haven't seen it, but I also picked it up during the Memorial Day Sale. I'm probably one of the only ones that hasn't seen the ***** Dragon Gate Six-Man from 2006, so I'll finally get to watch that. Some of the matches on there I have already on other DVD's, but some I don't (particularly looking forward to the Team NOAH vs. No Remorse Corps Six-Man Tag from 2008).
lariat_tubman

Post by lariat_tubman »

Haha glad I am not the only one who thought it would be a good use of the sale! I'm not going to be able to watch it until next week but let me know what you guy's think of it!
plyboult

Post by plyboult »

2 things... 1, I really wish AR Fox would be in ROH and 2, every ROH I've watched I cannot say I've seen a bad match. Just incredible.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

I would like to see mark briscoe wear a mouthpiece with fangs on it, so that he looks & becomes the wolfman (wildman) of ROH. then given the tv title shortly afterwards.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

War Machine really need to stop doing that one hand forward rocker symbol one hand back fist stance. It just looks so awkward.
JTGrasby

Post by JTGrasby »

I actually like the Beer City Bruiser.
Last edited by JTGrasby on Fri May 29, 2015 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

I like the random trivia fact that Brutal Bob wrestled seven 60 min iron man matches in seven consecutive days.
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

JTGrasby wrote:I actually like the Beer City Brawler.
More people should, he's been a great lowcard heel and was the highlight of the Top Prospect Tournament, partly thanks to Dalton Castle only having one match. He had a terrible match with Mark Briscoe, but apart from that I've been really entertained.

I'm not sure why the commentary choose to direct his heat on smelling bad as if we're supposed to be able to agree through our computer screens. Why not focus on the fact that he's clearly an obnoxious asshole and alcoholic?
Last Real Man Hype
WDRLeavelle

Post by WDRLeavelle »

AR Fox would be great in ROH, as would Ricochet and Johnny Gargano!
JTGrasby

Post by JTGrasby »

Marketh. wrote:
JTGrasby wrote:I actually like the Beer City Brawler.
More people should, he's been a great lowcard heel and was the highlight of the Top Prospect Tournament, partly thanks to Dalton Castle only having one match. He had a terrible match with Mark Briscoe, but apart from that I've been really entertained.

I'm not sure why the commentary choose to direct his heat on smelling bad as if we're supposed to be able to agree through our computer screens. Why not focus on the fact that he's clearly an obnoxious asshole and alcoholic?
I don't know why the commentators say half the things they do, so who knows.

I like Bruiser because he stands out. ROH still has a habit of hiring generic guys in black trunks who do moves and I like seeing a different style and look like Bruiser. I think he works well in the ROH envirionment.
Northwoods_Nightmare

Post by Northwoods_Nightmare »

BCB is like something straight out of the AWA, which is kind of awesome. I'd like to see him more as well. He's certainly more enjoyable than Romantic Touch or Brutal Burgers, and honestly I'd rather see him than Moose. The only thing I'd like to see different is he shouldn't sell so big when facing guys that he outweighs by 200 lbs.