Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by AlexROH »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:00 am The Briscoes are allowed to take international bookings. Also there is no indication that their contracts are coming up, in fact I believe their contracts don't come up until next summer.
Yeah, I know that, but they haven't taken international bookings since 2-3 years ago.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:00 am The Briscoes are allowed to take international bookings. Also there is no indication that their contracts are coming up, in fact I believe their contracts don't come up until next summer.
Based on the contracts of guys like Lethal and the Bucks, I believe this is correct (although the exclusivity applies to Ontario as well as the US). The Briscoes rarely going abroad seems to have been Mark and Jay's own decisions, likely due to their responsibilities on their farm.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Flip Gordon will be debuting for CMLL on 9/16 for their 84th Anniversary Show.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

That's a great opportunity for a guy like Flip. The CMLL Anniversary show is probably the most important yearly non-WWE event on this continent. Depending on how many extra seats they want to pack into Arena Mexico, he'll be performing at their flagship show in front of 15,000-17,000 people.

Also good to see Taven and King in the International Gran Prix. It's about time they started to actually do something with CMLL. Considering CMLL owns almost all of the buildings they run in it theoretically shouldn't be hard to do a mini tour of Mexico. But more than that I want to see them run some joint shows on the US side of the border; San Diego/LA, El Paso, Phoenix, San Antonio. You have to think they could draw at least what ROH usually gets in San Antonio, if not more, bringing in the top CMLL guys.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... e+Vanslyke+

put this guy Brute Vanslyke with silas and bcb already
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

WCPW has announced that Jay Briscoe won't be at his Stacked show this week because he's injured. Does anybody know something about that?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Dalton Castle is "injured". I'd say that it just part of a storyline for the big title match at DBD.
Dalton Castle and the Boys went to England with the world on a string. After a successful defense against of the ROH World Six Man Tag Team titles against Colt Cabana and the Tempura Boyz, the champs went into the War of the Worlds UK Tour on a major roll.
On Night One in London, Castle and the Boys successfully defended their championships against Delirious, Jushin Thunder Liger, and Mistico. On Night Two, Castle looked primed to capture the ROH World Television Title. Castle had Hiromu Takahashi pinned and surely would have captured the ROH World TV Title, what would have been his first singles title in ROH, before Adam Page of Bullet Club interfered.

Page and Bullet Club had announced in the previous weeks that they intended to do whatever it took for Marty Scurll to recapture the ROH World Television Title on Night 2 at War of the Worlds UK – Liverpool on iPPV. But Castle saw this as a shot across the bow by Bullet Club. Page’s interference not only definitely cost Castle an opportunity to leave as champion but also resulted in Castle being pinned in the center of the ring by the defending champion KUSHIDA.

Following a successful defense of the World Championship later in the evening on iPPV, “The American Nightmare” Cody stated that there was no one left, that he has defeated everyone. That is when the Peacock’s music hit. Castle’s frustrations with Bullet Club, dating back to Cody attacking both he and Christopher Daniels following their World Title bout at Supercard of Honor, led to him confronting Cody and Castle answered the champion’s open challenge! The challenge was left unanswered.

With one night left to go, Cody was guaranteed to leave the tour ROH World Champion. But there were no guarantees for Castle to leave the UK with his title around his waist. In their second defense in three days, Castle and the Boys lost their titles to Page and the ROH World Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks, known as the Hung Bucks.

But the victory wasn’t enough for Bullet Club. So offended, or perhaps threatened, by the prospect of Castle challenging for the ROH World Title, Cody viciously attacked Dalton Castle in Edinburgh! In footage that will be shown to fans, Cody made sure he had a camera crew in tow to document this cowardly attack!

Due to the attack, Castle is unable to compete at Saturday’s Saturday Night at Center Stage. Keep it locked in to ROHWrestling.com for the latest updates on Castle’s condition
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Lethal had a FANTASTIC match (****) with ZSJ yesterday at WCPW's World Cup... And yeah, he lost.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

:o :shock:

Big Red Machine

KL_ wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:01 am :o :shock:

Well... there goes his gimmick.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Should have had a hair vs mustache match with someone.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

That isn't a very manly bathroom, Silas.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

KL_ wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:01 am :o :shock:

NOOOO!!!!!
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

He was clean shaven for awhile a couple years ago. He'll probably have it grown back in by the time DBD comes around.

On another note, everything I've read suggests that the merger between Sinclair and Tribune won't get the green light from the FCC so ROH being featured on over 60% of local US channels is a dead prospect, as well as it potentially being on cable on WGN America.

As I've said before, the politics of the US doesn't effect me so I could care less about whether Trump is an advocate for Sinclair's purchase or not, I'm more disappointed that the opportunity for ROH to grow further gets squashed.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Maybe this means Silas will finally move on to being less of a midcarder gimmick? Because he has been better than that lazy, low-mileage character for years now. Impossible to think that Silas’s biggest moment remains blindsiding Steen at the first War of the Worlds show.
The Dragon Saga wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:35 am On another note, everything I've read suggests that the merger between Sinclair and Tribune won't get the green light from the FCC so ROH being featured on over 60% of local US channels is a dead prospect, as well as it potentially being on cable on WGN America.

As I've said before, the politics of the US doesn't effect me so I could care less about whether Trump is an advocate for Sinclair's purchase or not, I'm more disappointed that the opportunity for ROH to grow further gets squashed.
I mean, I don’t expect the rest of the world to care about each and every one of America’s imbroglios, but this is a legal case that bears more consequences than advantaging the current administration. In terms of this case going away, I have a sneaky feeling that some court effect in favor of the merger will instantiate on some godless Friday, as everything does now.

(In general, I think it’s best to keep this conversation here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5331. It’s an inherently political topic, and unexpected political talk can be a burden when not already expecting to find it.)
Big Red Machine

Wilson wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:25 am Maybe this means Silas will finally move on to being less of a midcarder gimmick? Because he has been better than that lazy, low-mileage character for years now. Impossible to think that Silas’s biggest moment remains blindsiding Steen at the first War of the Worlds show.
It wasn't the look that was keeping him in the midcard, though.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Brandi Rhodes is still green, but I must admit it made me smile to see her come out in Dusty's signature polka dots.

She could be good in a few years if she keeps at it. She was a competitive figure skater for 17 years, so the athleticism is there.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

So can anyone who was at the Concord tapings let us know if Cody wore the actual belt as well as the ring?
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Cary has the older original belt in his possession just polish and buffer it up, and use that while the lawsuit gets settled. The "ring" of honor works for Cody but when Cody isn't champion anymore it should be an actually championship again and the old belt looks cool.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Wait...ROH can't use their belt...what did I miss?