Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Sandy Fork

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Sandy Fork »

Juniors won't be working the G1, at least not IN the G1 itself. It's a heavyweight tournament for a reason. NJPW will bring in more quests, NWA guys, NOAH guys etc.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I explain myself wrong, i meant i don´t know if they are not going to use the juniors in the cards (I guess they are going to have a few G1 matches in the card and fill the rest with tag matches.)
Robareid

Post by Robareid »

I'm expecting them to expand the field to two thirteen men blocks personally. That'll give them eight/nine G1 matches for the 18 non-final nights, with each guy working twelve times.
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

I hope Roddy competes in the G1 tourney.
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

Ethan Page, Josh Alexander, JT Dunn, David Starr, Chris Dickinson, Trevor Lee and Biff Busick, should've been in ROH a long time ago..
JTGrasby

Post by JTGrasby »

So ... that whole RD Evans undefeated streak was kinda useless in retrospect.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

AndyDiaz wrote:Ethan Page, Josh Alexander, JT Dunn, David Starr, Chris Dickinson, Trevor Lee and Biff Busick, should've been in ROH a long time ago..
Exclude Trevor Lee, he's a terrible spotmonkey. I agree about the rest of the names you mentioned.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Leo C wrote:I hope Roddy competes in the G1 tourney.
I kinda hope he doesn't, as the schedule is insane and I'd rather he not get injured.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

JTGrasby wrote:So ... that whole RD Evans undefeated streak was kinda useless in retrospect.
It was fun while it lasted. Sometimes the only reason doing something needs is that it was fun. Made RD Evans from himself being useless to having an iota of importance.
WHG

Post by WHG »

The RD Evans thing ended exactly as it should have...with him not being in an ROH ring. I enjoyed the first part of the New Streak thing, really until they recruited Moose. Sure the payoff to the whole thing was terrible, but really the worst outcome would have been if there WAS something next for him (not saying Evans isn't talented, but barring an outside of the ring role he just doesn't fit).

I'm far more concerned about where Cheeseburger and Bob Evans are going. I know everybody likes Cheeseburger and he seems like a genuinely nice guy, but the thought of him & Evans being on next week's Destination America show makes me cringe.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Don't know if anyone else caught this yet, but Silas Young is now on Twitter (for real this time) at @lastrealmanROH
@lastrealmanROH Jun 4
Figured out last week I couldn't insult all you nerds if I wasn't on twitter to call you all TWATS. Can't wait to offend your soft asses
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I loved the New Streak stuff, kinda funny. RD vs Lethal was a great match, his match with Moose at FB...... :cry:
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

The New Streak was very entertaining for me. The match with Lethal was very fun, I felt heartbroken myself. I remember when RD faced Romantic Touch and RT I guess raped Veda under the ring. Good times.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

When all the women want you, like Romantic Touch, it's impossible to rape any of them.

... Unless they're unconscious. I'm looking too far into this.
Leo C

Post by Leo C »

Very good point. Even if they are unconscious, they're probably dreaming about a night with the Romantic Touch anyway so really he's just making their dream come true while they're still dreaming it.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

This will probably be the weirdest thing I've ever posted on here, so here it goes...

I've been to a number wrestling shows (WWE & ROH), but War of the Worlds 2015: Night 2 was by far the closest I've ever sat at a wrestling show (2nd row ringside).

One thing I immediately noticed throughout out the show was how hairy some of the wrestlers were (talking chest hair & leg hair). I've never really noticed it before, because on TV most of the wrestlers look clean, but it was really striking to me how much hair some of these wrestlers have. Has anyone else ever noticed this?

Ok, that weird post is over.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:This will probably be the weirdest thing I've ever posted on here, so here it goes...

I've been to a number wrestling shows (WWE & ROH), but War of the Worlds 2015: Night 2 was by far the closest I've ever sat at a wrestling show (2nd row ringside).

One thing I immediately noticed throughout out the show was how hairy some of the wrestlers were (talking chest hair & leg hair). I've never really noticed it before, because on TV most of the wrestlers look clean, but it was really striking to me how much hair some of these wrestlers have. Has anyone else ever noticed this?

Ok, that weird post is over.
BJ Whitmer's leg hair. D:<
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

What is the deal with ROH using differnt style of ring in some places? The rings used in San Antonio and Dearborn are differnt tha the regular ring they use for TV most of the time.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Borrow them from local promotions actually.
WHG

Post by WHG »

Speaking of rings, their primary ring is in pretty sad shape. The posts specifically are almost distracting in person they're so beaten up and it sags pretty noticeably.

What was the story on what happened the 20ft ring with the silver posts and red ropes they were using in the Cornette era? I remember Cornette saying that Danny Davis in Louisville built it for them...but they suddenly stopped using it in 2013 and I don't remember if that was ever explained.