Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Wilson wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:44 pm
famicommander wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:58 am They really need to expand TV to two hours per week (and leave it there forever... under no circumstances should they go to three)
First, I think they really have to restructure how they format TV tapings as well as the way they generate creative. If not, we're literally just going to have an hour a week booked by Cody and the Bucks because Johnston can only barely hang on now.
Don't give them any ideas, Wilson.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Whatever happened with Simon Grimm? Was he just a temporary booking?
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:59 pm
Wilson wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:44 pm First, I think they really have to restructure how they format TV tapings as well as the way they generate creative. If not, we're literally just going to have an hour a week booked by Cody and the Bucks because Johnston can only barely hang on now.
Don't give them any ideas, Wilson.
Judging by how the WON awards went--Being the Elite ranking just above ROH on SBG as a TV program--maybe this is actually the future the IWC wants.
Zhuge1 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:10 pm Whatever happened with Simon Grimm? Was he just a temporary booking?
Just about seems that way. Not unusual for ROH to job ex-WWE talent out to their current TV champion. Sonjay, Kennedy, Grimm, (kinda sorta) Bull James.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I like the idea of them at least bringing in these ex-WWE guys (Spirit Squad last year included, too) to see if they get over at least. Like they're not pushing them right out the gate (Bully Ray last year excluded)
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

CMLL’s Puma is wrestling for CHIKARA next month. No word if it’s for their show on the 14th or the 28th. If it’s the former, it’s a 3:00 show, he could easily make it to Pittsburgh by 7 or 8 and work that show and Columbus the next day.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Zhuge1 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:10 pm Whatever happened with Simon Grimm? Was he just a temporary booking?
I thought he had a pretty respectable showing in his matches and wouldn't mind seeing him on the roster.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:42 pm
I thought he had a pretty respectable showing in his matches and wouldn't mind seeing him on the roster.
Agreed, I thought he performed well so I was surprised not to see him further.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Zhuge1 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:00 pm
Agreed, I thought he performed well so I was surprised not to see him further.
I thought he performed well enough to earn another look, but the current booking philosophy will never allow him to be put in a match that will let him really impress anyone. He'll be given 8-11 minutes in a meaningless match with a midcarder, where the best he'll be able to do is make you say "eh, he's fine." If there is an ex-WWE guy you think has potential, give them twenty minutes with Jay Lethal to see if they have that potential. Otherwise there isn't any reason to bring them in in the first place.
ActionJeffson

Post by ActionJeffson »

Kinda old but I never really posted about it anywhere buuuuuuuuuuuut I'm still salty about how Gabe booked Alex Shelley after Aries won the belt and kicked him out of Generation Next. He has him join the fucking Embassy and do nothing with ALL that momentum except lose the GenNext feud and win a trios tournament? Come on. What a waste of a huge up and coming talent in Shelley.
textfatty

Post by textfatty »

I agree with you
Love spending time fit my family and friends and preparing food for them. Find good recipes and advice about preparing on electric smoker on my personal blog http://www.electricsmokerguy.com/
ActionJeffson

Post by ActionJeffson »

Yeah, Grimm looked good in his matches, I'd like him brought back too.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

dreaming about a 8 man tournament for a reinstalled pure championship

marty scurll
alex shelley
jay lethal
jon gresham
simon grimm
fred yehi
david starr
josh woods

if zack sabre jr joins njpw and roh full time i put him with no doubt
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I'd go
Jon Gresham
Rocky Romero
Jay Lethal
Alex Shelley
Hiroshi Tanahashi (or Yuji Nagata if Tana is not available)
Katsuya Kitamura
Kushida
Caprice Coleman
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Besides eBay and Amazon (and the forum here), are there any other good places to check for OOP DVDs?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Cody's doing something on ROH's Facebook at 3, like a live chat or something. ROH tweeted about it yesterday, but nothing today, and we're less than 20 minutes away from it.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Taven is welterweight champion in CMLL

famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Second guy to ever win belts in ROH, NJPW, and CMLL after Rocky Romero.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

maxx_powerz wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:00 pm Besides eBay and Amazon (and the forum here), are there any other good places to check for OOP DVDs?
It's obviously not as deep as it used to be but HighSpots might have some shows you're looking for.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

So, is Coleman's Pulpit over with now?
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Did they really not have any new DVDs at SCOH? It's the middle of April and still no Final Battle. And yes, I know other things are due out before that.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.