Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dhads7161

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by dhads7161 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:36 am Brandi Rhodes is still green, but I must admit it made me smile to see her come out in Dusty's signature polka dots.
I hate how people wear tbe dots in tribute to Dream...that was supposed to be an insult to him.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

dhads7161 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:49 pm
famicommander wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:36 am Brandi Rhodes is still green, but I must admit it made me smile to see her come out in Dusty's signature polka dots.
I hate how people wear tbe dots in tribute to Dream...that was supposed to be an insult to him.
But the thing with Dusty is that he took it all in stride and made it work, you know? Yes you're right, it was meant to embarrass him, but he didn't care and they became synonymous with him.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

This isn't just some wrestler wearing the dots, it's Dusty's daughter-in-law.

She really, really needs to improve her striking and pin combinations, though. She should have gone to Future of Honor first.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Still I don't like them using it as a tribute to him...if you want to tribute him get fat, go bleach blonde, talk with a lisp, wear those cowboy wrestling boots, and get a birthmark tattoo on your stomach.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

dhads7161 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:04 pm Still I don't like them using it as a tribute to him...if you want to tribute him get fat, go bleach blonde, talk with a lisp, wear those cowboy wrestling boots, and get a birthmark tattoo on your stomach.
And have a forehead that looks like a massacred cutting board.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:45 pm
dhads7161 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:04 pm Still I don't like them using it as a tribute to him...if you want to tribute him get fat, go bleach blonde, talk with a lisp, wear those cowboy wrestling boots, and get a birthmark tattoo on your stomach.
And have a forehead that looks like a massacred cutting board.
Especially this!
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

dhads7161 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:47 pm Wait...ROH can't use their belt...what did I miss?
+1 What? I thought the Ring of Honor thing was just a funny thing that Cody made for getting some heel heat, but, is it real that ROH cannot use their own World Championship Belt? (I really loved the design of this last belt).
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

TYFDK wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:53 pm
dhads7161 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:49 pm
But the thing with Dusty is that he took it all in stride and made it work, you know? Yes you're right, it was meant to embarrass him, but he didn't care and they became synonymous with him.
Didn't he say fairly shortly before he died that he hated that that was the first thing that people would think about in connection with him?
Big Red Machine

AlexROH wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:03 am
dhads7161 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:47 pm Wait...ROH can't use their belt...what did I miss?
+1 What? I thought the Ring of Honor thing was just a funny thing that Cody made for getting some heel heat, but, is it real that ROH cannot use their own World Championship Belt? (I really loved the design of this last belt).
I actually thought it was ugly. I much preferred the gruffer, pre-Sinclair logo in general (and thus don't like the title belts with it, though I guess the TV Title is kind of okay). There are things that could be done to make it better, but this new one just seemed to me like change for the sake of change. The amount of money that both ROH and TNA have spent on new title belts in the past five years or so that could have gone to so many other useful things is staggering to me.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

no belt?? wtf?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I think the current World Title belt is one of the better looking ones in wrestling today. Literally every WWE belt except the fancy UK belt is ass ugly.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

The lawsuit with the belt has nothing to do with the angle Rhodes is doing.

The angle their doing is an attempt to sell those rings that they released a year ago and Cody is the guy a gimmick like that works for. Use common sense and deter that if they were to stop using the physical World title they would also have to stop using the other title belts also, which they won't be doing.
Big Red Machine

Who gives a sh*t if Cody or any other wrestler is wearing them. The things are both butt-ugly and gaudy, and I don't understand how anyone could have possibly decided to buy one. I would also hope that ROH isn't involving the world champion in a storyline that is specifically designed to sell a stupid piece of merch. That the short of dumb crap I expect out of WWE.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:27 pm Who gives a sh*t if Cody or any other wrestler is wearing them. The things are both butt-ugly and gaudy, and I don't understand how anyone could have possibly decided to buy one. I would also hope that ROH isn't involving the world champion in a storyline that is specifically designed to sell a stupid piece of merch. That the short of dumb crap I expect out of WWE.
Yeah, I can't say that I like that idea at all if that is the true purpose of this storyline.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:18 pm The lawsuit with the belt has nothing to do with the angle Rhodes is doing.

The angle their doing is an attempt to sell those rings that they released a year ago and Cody is the guy a gimmick like that works for. Use common sense and deter that if they were to stop using the physical World title they would also have to stop using the other title belts also, which they won't be doing.
No it isn't. This is a new ring, not the ones they were selling last year. They don't sell that rings you talk about bc Hoy Figures was the one doing them.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

With all the noise about the pending Tribune Merger, Sinclair just quietly completed its acquisition of Bonten Media.

It's 14 stations in some new markets:
http://www.bontenmedia.com/our-stations/
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I often wonder what Austin Aries(vegan) and The Briscoes(chicken farmers) talk about backstage.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I imagine they only talk about Adam West's Batman.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:00 pm I imagine they only talk about Adam West's Batman.
And Cesar Romero insisting on keeping his moustache as The Joker.
Big Red Machine

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:47 pm I often wonder what Austin Aries(vegan) and The Briscoes(chicken farmers) talk about backstage.
How much they hate Jimmy Jacobs and his Age of the Fall?