Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by monster mafia »

The Wrestling Observer has an update on NJPW and Kenny Omega’s current status with the company after winning the new IWGP United States title at last weekend’s tournament (via WrestlingInc.com). According to the report, the plan is for Omega to defend his newly won title in both NJPW and Ring of Honor in the United States. Additionally, Omega’s first title defense in ROH is slated to take place later in October.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

monster mafia wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:13 am The Wrestling Observer has an update on NJPW and Kenny Omega’s current status with the company after winning the new IWGP United States title at last weekend’s tournament (via WrestlingInc.com). According to the report, the plan is for Omega to defend his newly won title in both NJPW and Ring of Honor in the United States. Additionally, Omega’s first title defense in ROH is slated to take place later in October.
I posted that information three hours ago in this thread hahah.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

you put information but not the date...anyway

i hope we can see omega in roh more often.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

October is an oddly long time away, especially with ROH having a PPV in September.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:11 am October is an oddly long time away, especially with ROH having a PPV in September.
Maybe his ROH work visa takes longer.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

This year we won't have a World Title match at NJPW's G1 Clímax Finals, instead, ROH World Champ Cody and Hangman Page will challenge War Machine for the IWGP Tag team Titles. Sounds cool.
Big Red Machine

AlexROH wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:58 am This year we won't have a World Title match at NJPW's G1 Clímax Finals, instead, ROH World Champ Cody and Hangman Page will challenge War Machine for the IWGP Tag team Titles. Sounds cool.
You're an optimist. I haven't been impressed by either of them in their New Japan performances.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:09 am
AlexROH wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:58 am This year we won't have a World Title match at NJPW's G1 Clímax Finals, instead, ROH World Champ Cody and Hangman Page will challenge War Machine for the IWGP Tag team Titles. Sounds cool.
You're an optimist. I haven't been impressed by either of them in their New Japan performances.
Do you talk about War Machine? I loved his match with Tanzan and Kojima. Then the feud with G.O.D... well, it isn't the best tag team to work with.
Big Red Machine

AlexROH wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:12 am
Do you talk about War Machine? I loved his match with Tanzan and Kojima. Then the feud with G.O.D... well, it isn't the best tag team to work with.
I was talking about Page & Cody.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:30 pm

Not my favourite wrestlers, but they'll work with a ROH team, so I wanna think they'll feel more comfortable. Plus, Cody's singles matches at NJPW has been all meh and under 10 minutes and Page has been in a tag with Yujiro f'n Takahashi. Do I think this match will be awesome? Nope. Do I expected this match to be something good (*** - ***1/2)? Yes.
Big Red Machine

AlexROH wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:58 pm
Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:30 pm

Not my favourite wrestlers, but they'll work with a ROH team, so I wanna think they'll feel more comfortable. Plus, Cody's singles matches at NJPW has been all meh and under 10 minutes and Page has been in a tag with Yujiro f'n Takahashi. Do I think this match will be awesome? Nope. Do I expected this match to be something good (*** - ***1/2)? Yes.
I like Yujrio!
As for Cody, I haven't been in love with his matches outside of New Japan, either. Page in a tag team always feels like second banana to me. I think he does much better as a singles guy, and I think Cody's preferred style of annoying stalling and general heel antics does not play to Page's strong suit. Ever since he's been doing that stuff (i.e. ever since he's joined Bullet Club) his matches have been much less exciting than when he was on his own as a babyface or when he was with the Decade (the Jay Briscoe PPV match being the obvious exception).
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Tokyo Latina makes me like Takahashi more every time he wrestles.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Watching some stuff from 2007...Todd Sinclair needs to shave hus head bald again and grow out his facial hair.
Last edited by dhads7161 on Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

SweetDaddy wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:43 pm Tokyo Latina makes me like Takahashi more every time he wrestles.
This.
Big Red Machine

dhads7161 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:25 pm Watching some stuff from 2007...Todd Sinclair needs to shave hus head bald again and grow out his facial hair.
Really? I thought he looked like a pedophile. Shaggy hair Sinclair is much better.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:49 am
dhads7161 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:25 pm Watching some stuff from 2007...Todd Sinclair needs to shave hus head bald again and grow out his facial hair.
Really? I thought he looked like a pedophile. Shaggy hair Sinclair is much better.
Chomo Todd looked like a badass.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

dhads7161 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:42 am
Big Red Machine wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:49 am
Chomo Todd looked like a badass.
Todd Sinclair will never look like a bad ass. Fuck me. Why are we talking about Todd Sinclair? Much less his hair? Mark Briscoe didn't get this much discussion when he cut his hair.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

It's a funny topic, Mojo
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

What a great weekend to be a wrestling fan. KUSHIDA main events both New Japan on AXS against Hiromu Takahashi (great match from both guys) and Jay White on the weekly ROH show (solid match). I really enjoy watching KUSHIDA and think it was a good move to put the TV title on him. Dude never mails it in.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

KUSHIDA IS AMAZING...i hope he keeps the tittle until final battle.