Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BurningHammer

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by BurningHammer »

Either Marty is leaving before Final Battle which I thought would be strange as he’s always seemed a good company and would want to end it at the biggest event of the year. Or maybe he is signing, as I just find it weird that he has a defence of the Destiny championship in Jan but would be signed full time anywhere else, he would surely be in demand enough he never has to do an Indy date ever again.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

It would be really weird how Marty keeps talking about how it's long overdue for him to be World Champion and nothing come of it. I don't think he wins it right away even if he gets a new contract but to not even get a title match especially with a poorly selling UK tour on the horizon. It just doesn't make sense.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Montana wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:19 am The other thing to think about, maybe ROH pegged Bandido to win originally, and they had to come up with another plan.
I thought about this yesterday as well, but still I think Scurll (given that he stays until Final Battle), Lethal, and Haskins were much better options here. You could have even given tournament replacements for Bandido like Shelley, Brody, Gresham, or Taven that might have been smarter choices to go all the way. Even though Rush/PCO match is appealing to me on paper, this is not within the frame of where I think they should be. I really thought this tournament could meaningfully create some positive noise as the weeks lead to Final Battle, because it should in a company like this, and it's disheartening to find that it resulted in kind of a wet fart.

ALSO:
Hey board, what do you think if we changed this thread to the "General ROH Discussion Thread" and create a separate random thoughts thread? Sometimes I have segments of ideas that I want to write into the online portal of message board hell, but I actually don't want to disrupt how usually on-topic this thread is.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Could Marty win SOTF or will that be Bandido someone of that ilk. Jake Atlas coming in and wining it would be something.
Montana

Post by Montana »

They said SOTF this year , would be for Tag Teams... so i assume the winning tag team for SOTF would face the briscoes.

I'd be on board with something like Jake Atlas coming in making a big splash. It's too bad Sabre hasn't had more ROH dates. His match with Gresham this year was awesome, and i was looking forward to a few more dream matches.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

sotf for tag teams? you sure?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

La park beat rush last night in México...roh needs to book this Match in the usa.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:31 am sotf for tag teams? you sure?
In the final minutes of the Battle Royal Riccaboni said that Woods and Young were the first 2 wrestlers for SOTF, which will be a Tag Team Extravaganza this year.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Ok, i hope gresham and lethal wins and face the briscoes at FB.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I think it is ok to have filler defences on smaller shows and tours, but Final Battle is supposed to be main RoH show. And they are now promoting a filler defence for it. Maybe they'll manage to change my mind in upcoming weeks, but now it really does look like a wet fart.

If Marty doesn't leave I could see this being part of the set up for eventual Rush/Marty match, but again, Final Battle shouldn't be setting up other things. Or at least thats how I feel.
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

Lynx wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:48 am I think it is ok to have filler defences on smaller shows and tours, but Final Battle is supposed to be main RoH show. And they are now promoting a filler defence for it. Maybe they'll manage to change my mind in upcoming weeks, but now it really does look like a wet fart.

If Marty doesn't leave I could see this being part of the set up for eventual Rush/Marty match, but again, Final Battle shouldn't be setting up other things. Or at least thats how I feel.
Is it a filler/setup defense though? Final Battle has usually been about the two biggest stars built up battling for the belt (usually passing the crown to the next guy). By the crowd reactions I’ve seen, are there two bigger stars in ROH than Rush and PCO? Especially considering those who are potential flight risks due to contracts.

PCO isn’t the usual “guy” in ROH, but neither was Dalton. It’s a different ROH, whether by design or circumstance, PCO might have to fill the spot until someone better is built for it
Montana

Post by Montana »

You know.... as much as I want a Lethal/Gresham tag title reign.... and potentially Marty/Cobb/others leaving, ROH may need Gresham is their world champ. He’s one of the best technical wrestlers in the world, and if ROH wants to be known for the best wrestling, they’ll need to feature him more.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Lynx wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:48 am I think it is ok to have filler defences on smaller shows and tours, but Final Battle is supposed to be main RoH show. And they are now promoting a filler defence for it. Maybe they'll manage to change my mind in upcoming weeks, but now it really does look like a wet fart.

I agree, but I also suspect Taven / Rush was the plan and they moved it up to expedite things, in which case they're damned if they do / damned if they don't. That said, I think Rush / Taven 2 or Rush / Lethal would be more appropriate main events, but I'll give them credit for doing something outside the box.
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

AlexROH wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:34 am
monster mafia wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:31 am sotf for tag teams? you sure?
In the final minutes of the Battle Royal Riccaboni said that Woods and Young were the first 2 wrestlers for SOTF, which will be a Tag Team Extravaganza this year.
Also confirmed the Bouncers and Lethal & Gresham during the broadcast/post show video on social!
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

VOTING IS OPEN TO DETERMINE MATCHES, STIPULATIONS AT ROH'S THE EXPERIENCE

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/votin ... experience
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Dragon Lee versus Cobb

Sons of Savagery

Pure Rules

Last Man Standing

Rush & Castle versus Lethal & Taven

VE versus Taven / Cobb / Castle

I'd be surprised if Cobb (versus Dragon Lee), Pure Rules and Last Man Standing don't win. Other ones I'm not as sure about. I probably should have picked Cabana instead of Taven for the trios, oh well.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i pick sos too, we need to see the guys in a big match asap.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I went:

Cobb vs. Dragon Lee

Master and the Machine

2 out of 3 falls

RUsh/Lethal vs. Castle/Taven

VE vs. Castle/Hendry/Cabana
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I can't even defend this anymore that why I haven't posted in a while is because there nothing to talk about and now Roh signed someone to a few months deal to put merchandise out for her and destroy most of the women division out a match and now she gone either they need to sale or Joe and delirious needs to go because it's embarrassing
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I went with

Jeff Cobb vs Dragon Lee

S.O.S

Two Out Of Three Falls

Last Man Standing

RUSH/Lethal vs Taven/Castle

VE vs Woods, LSG, Hendry