Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

So when Adam Cole goes to the WWE, will he have to change his name because Vince thinks the fans know jack shit and will assume he is a relative of Michael Cole?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Vince Russo is now a psychologist. Any marks or dirt sheet writers are gay. If there was a God, this piece of shit would get his throat ripped out by a rabid pit bull.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

BurningHammer wrote:
famicommander wrote:Are we talking an on demand service for old shows? Or like a monthly subscription for their current shows?

Because with the increased number of VOD/PPV shows these last few years it has become quite expensive if you want to see everything.

And the video bitrate and resolution on the VOD and TV streaming from ROHwrestling.com is unacceptable.

One app/service that addresses all of the above would be a dream come true.
Personally I never find the streaming that bad usually I get HD/720 and that's enough for me.
Only the live shows get archived in 720p. ROH TV and all the VOD/DVD-only shows are archived in very low bitrate 480p.

ROH TV looks better on Comet than the website and even that is still only 480i.

It's a lot better on the Fite App but I rarely bother with it.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Vince Russo is now a psychologist. Any marks or dirt sheet writers are gay. If there was a God, this piece of shit would get his throat ripped out by a rabid pit bull.
Jim Cornette needs Vince Russo. Otherwise more people would realize that carny bastard is only marginally less of a piece of human garbage.

Jim Cornette is wrong 100% of the time unless he's eviscerating Vince Russo, in which case he's 100% right.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Vince Russo is now a psychologist. Any marks or dirt sheet writers are gay. If there was a God, this piece of shit would get his throat ripped out by a rabid pit bull.
Jim Cornette needs Vince Russo. Otherwise more people would realize that carny bastard is only marginally less of a piece of human garbage.
)
Jim Cornette is wrong 100% of the time unless he's eviscerating Vince Russo, in which case he's 100% right.
Lol. True man, that's so true. It's is a perfect marriage.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Corny is at least entertaining. We were at the Jim Ross show in Orlando, and he had Cornette, Bruce Pritchard, and Mick Foley.

Highly entertaining couple of hours.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Ian Riccabonni said during the last episode of ROH TV that the 15th Anniversary was the most downloaded VOD in ROH history. Great news!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Is it me or is Colt Cabana just kind of drifting. His heel run is underwhelming. Not his fault. They aren't doing jack shit with the guy.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Is it me or is Colt Cabana just kind of drifting. His heel run is underwhelming. Not his fault. They aren't doing jack shit with the guy.
I think they have already pulled the cord with the heel turn.

Color commentary limbo until the trigger is pulled for a babyface turn to pull him off the headset....
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Is it me or is Colt Cabana just kind of drifting. His heel run is underwhelming. Not his fault. They aren't doing jack shit with the guy.
He's an ROH micarder. Of course he's drifting. Just like ACH, Sydal, Dijak, Lio Rush, Jay White, Cedric Alexander, MCMG, Punishment Martinez, Moose, The Rebellion/Cabinet...

And Cabana has it even worse because he's a heel and Delirious won't let heels win clean.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Adam Cole and the Young Bucks win clean all the time. So did Lethal before his face turn.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

the suprise is.... ROH Throwback Thursday is back.

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 4033009664
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Now if they would just make their weekly Youtubes prominent on their main page...

There's no reason not to have Women of Honor Wednesdays, Throwback Thursdays, and Future of Honor Fridays in their own sections on the site.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Briscoes vs MCMG added to TBT

https://youtu.be/Pd5RwNqriT4

Good news is that this wasn't the surprise. I think they'll anounce the trios match later tonight.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote:
He's an ROH micarder. Of course he's drifting. Just like ACH, Sydal, Dijak, Lio Rush, Jay White, Cedric Alexander, MCMG, Punishment Martinez, Moose, The Rebellion/Cabinet...

And Cabana has it even worse because he's a heel and Delirious won't let heels win clean.
Yeah that drives me batshit crazy about Delirious.

What's even more disturbing is that Cheeseburger has been placed in feuds with more direction than any of the guys you just mentioned.
Big Red Machine

famicommander wrote:Adam Cole and the Young Bucks win clean all the time. So did Lethal before his face turn.
Lethal didn't. I can point to quite a few examples where he wasn't allowed to win clean, even in matches where his opponent would not have been harmed by the loss in the least (the most glaring example being Watanabe in Watanabe's LAST MATCH BEFORE GOING BACK TO JAPAN, but there are others).
As for Cole, he couldn't beat Kyle clean at the Tokyo Dome, couldn't beat Lethal clean in the UK, and couldn't even beat BULL JAMES clean. Meanwhile Delirious had Cole and the Bucks LOSE, completely cleanly to Jay Lethal and one of the Briscoes in a freakin' handicap match.
I'll grant you that the Bucks often win clean, but in that particular case it once again begs the question of why they were ever turned heel in the first place? If they're the most over act in the company and 95% of their offense is cool moves and superkicks and you know no one is going to boo them no matter what they do and you're not even going to have them try to get heat by cheating why would you ever turn them heel?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

ROH will never be what it once was because indy talent today are just Bryan and Punk wannabees and anybody who's at all special will avoid ROH and go elsewhere (EVOLVE) because it is now a WWE feeder. Any guy who pays for the ROH tryout camps is a mark...ROH is dumb thinking any talent worth a shit will pay for their dojo and why should guys who have killed it all over the independents and already have names pay to go to a camp? This makes guys look desperate, if the company isn't calling, don't knock on the door then for the company's sake it will pull its head out of its ass.
Big Red Machine

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:So when Adam Cole goes to the WWE, will he have to change his name because Vince thinks the fans know jack shit and will assume he is a relative of Michael Cole?
Can you imagine the heat if they brought him in as Michael Cole's nephew who idolizes him. That would be awesome, to have Adam Cole protecting "Uncle Michael" from the likes of John Cena and Kevin Owens who have picked on him over the years.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

WWE has toned down their weird name thing over the years.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Can you imagine the heat if they brought him in as Michael Cole's nephew who idolizes him. That would be awesome, to have Adam Cole protecting "Uncle Michael" from the likes of John Cena and Kevin Owens who have picked on him over the years.
Make the gimmick kind of savant and stalker like at the same time...Adam Cole as a Eugene Heidenreich