Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Zhuge1

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Zhuge1 »

famicommander wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:26 pm Cabana is very good but I'd still prefer to have him wrestle. Put Brutal Bob Evans on commentary.
I'd second this -- Brutal Bob was very impressive during his color commentary of last year's top prospect tournament. They could still use he and Tough Tim from time to time in the FOH matches since it seems Bob wants to continue actively wrestling as well.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

You could even rotate Cabana and Evans a little. I just want Cabana to wrestle more.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

famicommander wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:32 am You could even rotate Cabana and Evans a little. I just want Cabana to wrestle more.
Yup, totally agree.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Zhuge1 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:17 am
famicommander wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:26 pm Cabana is very good but I'd still prefer to have him wrestle. Put Brutal Bob Evans on commentary.
I'd second this -- Brutal Bob was very impressive during his color commentary of last year's top prospect tournament. They could still use he and Tough Tim from time to time in the FOH matches since it seems Bob wants to continue actively wrestling as well.
No argument from me on this. If Colt can't do it, substitute Evans and ditch Whitmer all together.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:10 pm
Zhuge1 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:17 am
No argument from me on this. If Colt can't do it, substitute Evans and ditch Whitmer all together.
I'd almost rather see Whitmer in the role of "matchmaker" or the on-screen authority (whatever Nigel was prior to his departure). I think he'd be better and more believable than Koff.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Brutal Bob is really good at color commentary. He did a great job in the last tournament of PWX with Kevin Kelly as the PBP
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

kovs27 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:40 am I liked Corino but too often him Kelly would miss telling the story the wrestlers are trying to tell in the ring. It would get frustrating because you could see what they should be talking about and they would blow it off to make stupid jokes.
Well, thats a good point but that's what Corino's character was all about. He wanted to be like a fanboy going crazy and doing funny things. I understand why some people didnt like It, but he was great doing his thing, everything was on purpose.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

AlexROH wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:55 am
kovs27 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:40 am I liked Corino but too often him Kelly would miss telling the story the wrestlers are trying to tell in the ring. It would get frustrating because you could see what they should be talking about and they would blow it off to make stupid jokes.
Well, thats a good point but that's what Corino's character was all about. He wanted to be like a fanboy going crazy and doing funny things. I understand why some people didnt like It, but he was great doing his thing, everything was on purpose.
I guess I just enjoyed a serious Corino more. For a guy who had done so much and been in so many different matches all over the world, I would have preferred he brought that experience to the table. A better balance of serious and silly.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

So after RAW 25 went off the air at the Manhattan Center, The Miz interrupted everyone and then Seth Rollins interrupted him. Rollins immediately got loud "ROH" chants and said he won the ROH World title downstairs and he was proud of it. It's a weird video to watch seeing as y'know, NXT is essentially Triple H's own ROH, but a cool little nod as well.

https://streamable.com/i15eh
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

When's Mark Briscoe gonna get his big singles run? I don't expect him to run with the World Title like Jay but I wouldn't mind a TV Title run from Mark. I think we are getting a Briscoe Brothers tag title run sooner rather than later but I still want to see Mark run with the TV Title.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

What was the announced attendance for SCOH XI?
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

GardenStateSaint wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:27 pm What was the announced attendance for SCOH XI?
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

I know thats what Wikipedia says but I believe on the show Ian Riccaboni states it was closer to just under 4,000.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I've seen 3,000, 3,500, and 3,600 thrown out there by various people, with Joe Koff even giving two different figures, but nothing higher than 3,600.
JasonV

Post by JasonV »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:23 am So after RAW 25 went off the air at the Manhattan Center, The Miz interrupted everyone and then Seth Rollins interrupted him. Rollins immediately got loud "ROH" chants and said he won the ROH World title downstairs and he was proud of it. It's a weird video to watch seeing as y'know, NXT is essentially Triple H's own ROH, but a cool little nod as well.

https://streamable.com/i15eh
So weird that he'd remember it being "downstairs" when it 100% was in the Grand Ballroom at the 8th Anniversary Show.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Now that Kenny Omega has been kicked out of Bullet Club, will The Young Bucks still produce his T-shirts; and if so, what does this do for kayfabe?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:43 pm Now that Kenny Omega has been kicked out of Bullet Club, will The Young Bucks still produce his T-shirts; and if so, what does this do for kayfabe?
Was he even kicked out in ROH kayfabe? When AJ was kicked out of Bullet Club in Japan, he was all chummy with them at the ROH show at the end of month.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:48 pm
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:43 pm Now that Kenny Omega has been kicked out of Bullet Club, will The Young Bucks still produce his T-shirts; and if so, what does this do for kayfabe?
Was he even kicked out in ROH kayfabe? When AJ was kicked out of Bullet Club in Japan, he was all chummy with them at the ROH show at the end of month.
I'm not sure if Omega was kicked out. It's all so open ended.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

kovs27 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:47 am
Big Red Machine wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:48 pm Was he even kicked out in ROH kayfabe? When AJ was kicked out of Bullet Club in Japan, he was all chummy with them at the ROH show at the end of month.
I'm not sure if Omega was kicked out. It's all so open ended.
I haven't seen any mention of it on the board, but I'm sure people on here are aware by now of the ending the 'Bullet Club is Fine' BTE episode. (In a stinger, Kenny and Ibushi meet the Jacksons in a hotel room.)

Originally, I thought that the Golden Lovers would a red herring. Consdiering how broken the tag division is in New Japan, Kenny and Ibushi would have quickly lost items to do outside of a stable supporting them. But if the Young Bucks do join them, it looks like the Elite would be that much closer to manifesting. They would just need some bonafide pin-eaters.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

So in a bout of boredom I decided to look at the ticket sales to every ROH event announced which allows you to view tickets remaining through Ticketmaster, and it appears that almost every single upcoming event sans two will inevitably sell out.

The only events I can't see tickets remaining for are the WOTW Michigan stop and the South Florida stop.

The only events that probably won't sell out are Concord - we're four days away and essentially the entire upper decks are available, but there's still over 1,000 seats sold to the show, maybe even 1,500 or so - and the 16th Anniversary TV taping which is the worst selling upcoming event. Even events like Pittsburgh, Columbus, all WOTW stops are selling better than it. In fact it appears less than 250 tickets have been sold, but I guess they haven't announced anything for that show so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Strong start to the year so far. There's also a UK tour expected in the first half of the year which hasn't been announced yet too, plus Honor Rising in Japan.