Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:54 pm
Shanahan wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:09 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:03 pm

It formatted just like aew shows if you go off the spoilers
That was my worry with Tony. He wouldn't switch it up and make ROH unique. I'll tune in Thursday hoping to like it.
I'm not saying it's bad yet I don't want to watch something that reminds me of aew shows because I like a variety in wrestling because I don't want to watch multiple wrestling companies that are basically the same product
So in spite of not being at the show, and reading results on social media, you know they are basically the same product. Noted.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:34 pm
Shanahan wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:05 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:51 pm

LOL. You aren't there. Too busy drinking the haterade. Talked to multiple paying fans there, everyone enjoying it and feeling emotionally connected to the characters. That's what it is supposed to be. I'm excited for Thursday!
Did he say the show was bad? He said it kinda feels like another AEW show. It can be good and also not feel like ROH. I read some of the spoilers. Some matches feel like ROH, others looked like a Dark or Elevation type match & a few could be seen on Rampage. I'm happy to see you are excited for ROH tho. I will tune in & hope i enjoy it.

He is a child, or at least acts like one on the internet. I specifically asked if it felt like Dynamite, Rampage or the never ending dark tapings to multiple paying customers I'm friends with who are there and was told closer to NXT than anything else. You have cannot feel anything reading names on a paper.

Aside from the embarrassment that is Jake Manning, there isn't really anything that sounds uninteresting that I would go out of my way to avoid.
Are the people you talking with long time ROH fans tho? If not, their opinion really means nothing when it comes to "feeling like ROH". If they are, ok, like i said i'll give it a shot on thursday.
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:12 pm

Did he say the show was bad? He said it kinda feels like another AEW show. It can be good and also not feel like ROH. I read some of the spoilers. Some matches feel like ROH, others looked like a Dark or Elevation type match & a few could be seen on Rampage. I'm happy to see you are excited for ROH tho. I will tune in & hope i enjoy it.

He is a child, or at least acts like one on the internet. I specifically asked if it felt like Dynamite, Rampage or the never ending dark tapings to multiple paying customers I'm friends with who are there and was told closer to NXT than anything else. You have cannot feel anything reading names on a paper.

Aside from the embarrassment that is Jake Manning, there isn't really anything that sounds uninteresting that I would go out of my way to avoid.
Are the people you talking with long time ROH fans tho? If not, their opinion really means nothing when it comes to "feeling like ROH". If they are, ok, like i said i'll give it a shot on thursday.

Yes, they go back to the Murphy Rec in some cases
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

According to pwinsider they taped like 20 matches to cover 2 episodes
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:35 pm

They taped 19 to cover part of six weeks of content, which is about half of what they are taping for the weekend. This is not 19 4 minute matches like Dark. Stop trying to find a way to complain and wait to watch. FFS.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:48 pm

They taped 19 to cover part of six weeks of content, which is about half of what they are taping for the weekend. This is not 19 4 minute matches like Dark. Stop trying to find a way to complain and wait to watch. FFS.
I wasn't talking to you and you come off is a tony khan mark that defends him against anyone
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:57 pm
I wasn't talking to you and you come off is a tony khan mark that defends him against anyone
What is your point here? You do recognize that some of us know or have known Tony for over 20 years? We support good people. Is he perfect? No. Is Tony producing perfect wrestling with perfect booking? No. Do I like the current aew product compared to where things were? No. Do I know what I’m talking about because I base my comments on facts compared to you? Yes.

I’m defending reality not fantasy island or planet oblivious where most of your silly statements come from.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:38 pm

What is your point here? You do recognize that some of us know or have known Tony for over 20 years? We support good people. Is he perfect? No. Is Tony producing perfect wrestling with perfect booking? No. Do I like the current aew product compared to where things were? No. Do I know what I’m talking about because I base my comments on facts compared to you? Yes.

I’m defending reality not fantasy island or planet oblivious where most of your silly statements come from.
You have a problem anyone here doesn't kiss khan ass I didn't talk bad about your precious tony khan roh all I said was it looked like the same format is aew show on paper
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:43 pm

You have a problem anyone here doesn't kiss khan ass I didn't talk bad about your precious tony khan roh all I said was it looked like the same format is aew show on paper

I have a problem with stupid people who struggle to coherently make cogent points. I have zero issue with Shanahan because he’s not oblivious to reality, and while we disagree on things, he does know how to type and present a discussion. You do not. Maybe hire him to type for you or at the least translate from bumbling oaf to lovable goof.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:47 pm

I have a problem with stupid people who struggle to coherently make cogent points. I have zero issue with Shanahan because he’s not oblivious to reality, and while we disagree on things, he does know how to type and present a discussion. You do not. Maybe hire him to type for you or at the least translate from bumbling oaf to lovable goof.
You're original post after mine was about me comparing tony khan roh to aew in which you had a problem with because the show hasn't aired yet
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:55 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:47 pm

You're original post after mine was about me comparing tony khan roh to aew in which you had a problem with because the show hasn't aired yet
We have see. AEW, nobody in this conversation including you has seen TK’s ROH tv. Shut up and watch, Thursday, and then type out your nonsense. When the feedback from people who were there was astoundingly positive, I’m going to trust it, and then form my own view on Thursday. None of which has anything to do with someone I’ve known for 24 or so years.
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

They officially announced for the first show it would be Claudio vs. AR Fox for the ROH title; which i give a big thumbs up, just based on those two wrestlers alone.

I'm trying to avoid spoilers , but accidentally caught a few other names that appeared/matches; and so far so good. 10$ a month to watch 4 , 1 hour episodes may be a little steep (with all the other free content out there) but seems like a step in the right direction. Maybe they can add a tiered subscription without the historic content, or just add more live shows or PPVs.

One thing going against this; much like ROH of the past; TV taping spoilers/leaks. Lots of pictures and stuff out there on social media. Could hurt or help subscriptions; but hopefully this builds to something bigger down the road.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

some matches looks on paper really great, hope to see them soon.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

The talent is there I wanna see the feel of the show. That’s a big part of it for me. Happy to see a certain wrestler back in ROH today.
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:00 pm The talent is there I wanna see the feel of the show. That’s a big part of it for me. Happy to see a certain wrestler back in ROH today.

Yeah was told he was getting a make good for the tag he wasn’t tagged into. Will be curious to find out from those if he’ll be back.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

happy to see mark briscoe in the first match of the new roh era

miss jay so much.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Roh has to be more than one hour because they already have announced like six months for Thursday show
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:03 pm Roh has to be more than one hour because they already have announced like six months for Thursday show
Only Tony Khan could be so brilliant to book six months on one Thursday!
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

It's alot of matches for 5 weeks tho. I counted 39. I could be off by a few. I bet these tapings will run past Supercard. Probably 8 weeks of TV. 5 weeks build to PPV & then 3 weeks of filler stuff with post-supercard promos to push storylines
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I saw somewhere that the HonorClub program may be a 90 minute run time. Looks like they taped two episodes per day when they taped.