Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:09 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:28 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:25 pm

Would you prefer child? That’s the kind of content you provide here.
And all you do is attack or mock anyone that doesn't agree with youb and do us a favor don't pretend I'm the only one you go after because you go after a few people here I'm just one not to ignore you

When you act like a child and make grandiosely wrong statements and get facts sent back, you project. It's a thing kids do.
You figured me out lol
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:30 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:28 pm
And all you do is attack or mock anyone that doesn't agree with youb and do us a favor don't pretend I'm the only one you go after because you go after a few people here I'm just one not to ignore you

When you act like a child and make grandiosely wrong statements and get facts sent back, you project. It's a thing kids do.
You figured me out lol
It's not hard.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:55 pm

You figured me out lol
It's not hard.
That was sarcasm because you truly believe you are better than most here
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:25 pm
You figured me out lol
It's not hard.
Better than you? Yes. I type in complete sentences. Everyone else? I think we're all on equal ground.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:29 pm

It's not hard.
Better than you? Yes. I type in complete sentences. Everyone else? I think we're all on equal ground.
Bullshit you get in fights with a few people on here
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Every MJF fued is his opponent has to jump thru hoops, usually by doing whatever MJF wants, in order to get a chance at a match. He did it with Cody,Jericho,,Punk to a lesser degree , Wardlow & now Bryan. It's boring and lazy. We also have other fueds that go the same way. We just had Starks doing same damn storyline last week. Don't get me started with a guy getting over naturally & Jericho having to immediately fued with him to get a rub & in turn hurt the guys progress.

Also, just signed up for HonorClub. The app still sucks. Figured they would of at least updated it to look like it was made in 2018 rather than 2012. Almost as bad as Peacock.
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:49 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:29 pm
Bullshit you get in fights with a few people on here

A fight is where there is a physical altercation. This is the internet pal, toughen up.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:11 pm Every MJF fued is his opponent has to jump thru hoops, usually by doing whatever MJF wants, in order to get a chance at a match. He did it with Cody,Jericho,,Punk to a lesser degree , Wardlow & now Bryan. It's boring and lazy. We also have other fueds that go the same way. We just had Starks doing same damn storyline last week. Don't get me started with a guy getting over naturally & Jericho having to immediately fued with him to get a rub & in turn hurt the guys progress.

Also, just signed up for HonorClub. The app still sucks. Figured they would of at least updated it to look like it was made in 2018 rather than 2012. Almost as bad as Peacock.
The Jericho stuff is awful, which is completely unshocking.

As for Max, he turned on Cody, cost Cody his title hopes, and they had their match once he beat Wardlow in the cage. He wasn't running a gauntlet. Jericho didn't either, it was the faux tag, dinner debonaire, and turn, followed by the gauntlet. Punk and Max sparred until Max gave in to give the devil a look at the real devil. He's done it with Wardlow and now Bryan inspite of Bryan's story being his seeking revenge for MJF killing off Regal. Each time has had different twists and turns. He's by far the best character going in the company, but I guess labeling everything as is and bitching is much more fun.

Honor Club app is terrible, but it's definitely a step ahead of what SBG half assed. Small steps.
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

monster mafia wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:13 pm “Ring of Honor TV is coming Thursday, March 2 on HonorClub,” says Khan. “We’ll have our first tapings on Feb. 25 and 26 at Universal Studios in Orlando, and we’re going to put tickets on sale for the inaugural taping on Thursday. Those will be the first-ever tapings of the new Ring of Honor.
So looks like they are taping 6 hours of content, over the 2 days. I hope it's worth the 10$ a month. I assume that gets them 5 one hour episodes for March before the PPV. I'm sure we are all hoping it's good and worth the subscription cost, otherwise it will likely have a hard time getting off the ground. Said it before, but streaming live events seems like a better value to draw interest back to the brand. Perhaps not taping at the soul-less universal studios as well. Guess if it's really good, all may be dismissed.

As for MJF, he's completely stale to me. One of their best talkers, and more charismatic wrestlers, isn't evolving as a character. He's gone backwards if anything. Not sure if it's him to blame or Tony; and maybe others don't feel that way, but the booking and promos are just overbearing at this point.

The Rush - Bryan Danielson match recently was fantastic. Dynamite hasn't had a problem with airing good matches. They just continue to push too many guys, so people continue to get lost in the shuffle, and when everyone is pushed , no one isn't getting massively over. Take their "pillars" for example , what is Sammy, Darby, and Jungle Boy doing now.
roacheyyy

Post by roacheyyy »

At least Christian is finally back for Jungle Boy, terrible episode yesterday IMO
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

With 5 episodes to build to a $50 PPV we better not have a ton of squash or women’s matches.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Shanahan wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:20 pm With 5 episodes to build to a $50 PPV we better not have a ton of squash or women’s matches.
I know it's a good thing khan bought roh yet it gets old to see him always unstable interviews and like tonight taking a shot a Ariel on Twitter and this is not the first time
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:28 pm
Shanahan wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:20 pm With 5 episodes to build to a $50 PPV we better not have a ton of squash or women’s matches.
I know it's a good thing khan bought roh yet it gets old to see him always unstable interviews and like tonight taking a shot a Ariel on Twitter and this is not the first time
Ariel conducted an interview with the rival promotion’s owner while being paid by WWE. I know you’re like 14, but that’s bad faith journalism.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Never liked Ariel & Tony is a nerd who tries to act tough. Both are really cringey.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:19 am
Ariel conducted an interview with the rival promotion’s owner while being paid by WWE. I know you’re like 14, but that’s bad faith journalism.
How are you not banned given you call names and mock others posters that post here
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:34 pm

How are you not banned given you call names and mock others posters that post here
He doesn’t like you because you don’t shit on ROH. We already know his hatred for everything ROH until Tony bought it. He’s same guy who said Violence Unlimted made no sense & was randomly thrown together or when it was rumored ROH was thinking about bringing in Mance Warner & he thought using him in 6 man with Briscoes would be a downgrade for Mance.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

My response to the frequent bickering on what's left of this board is a resounding, Lewis Black-esque "OH WHO GIVES A FUCK!?"
AnHonorableMention

Lol good lord.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:23 pm

He doesn’t like you because you don’t shit on ROH. We already know his hatred for everything ROH until Tony bought it. He’s same guy who said Violence Unlimted made no sense & was randomly thrown together or when it was rumored ROH was thinking about bringing in Mance Warner & he thought using him in 6 man with Briscoes would be a downgrade for Mance.
It was a random faction booked to be just that. Didn’t matter writing was on the walls. Mance being put with the Briscoes was a lame cop out. I’m sure all that was needed to save ROH was more Matt Taven hahahaha.

Tony saved jobs, and cares about the lineage of the company by actually respecting those who built the company with their quality in ring work. Long before we were forced to sit through flip Gordon Bubba ray Dudley and a bunch of other horrendous nonsense, ROH was the only wrestling I cared to see in person. Of course nobody listens to the podcast and cares about the history of ROH. Wrestling fans aren’t interested in anything requiring effort.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:21 pm

Lol good lord.
According to people here that were here before me this is what you do shit on people you don't agree with and then act like you do nothing wrong