Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

According to tony khan Twitter jay Briscoe is passed away due to a auto accident
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

I’m in Montana taking care of my dad who is dying from cancer & my kids called me crying to tell me Jay has passed away. They loved them but they also knew Briscoes were my fav tag team of all time. Was just about to eat dinner, I can’t now. I’m pretty much done for the night.

Heartbroken for Mark & the Family. Rest In Peace
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Tony Khan should just close shop on the ROH brand outside of the library and maybe merchandising after SCOH. If Mark is healthy mentally, give him his flowers in the main event and let him close ROH out with the Worls and tag titles.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

dhads7161 wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:53 pm Tony Khan should just close shop on the ROH brand outside of the library and maybe merchandising after SCOH. If Mark is healthy mentally, give him his flowers in the main event and let him close ROH out with the Worls and tag titles.
My expectations were low & have some how gotten lower as weeks go by with no news on weekly show. You add in Jay dying & now I just hope ROH goes away for good.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

From wrestlinginc:

Fightful Select reports that ROH tapings are lined up for the end of February in Orlando, Florida. While a venue hasn't been 100% confirmed, talent is presuming that tapings will occur at the soundstages of Universal Studios, where AEW has regularly taped "AEW Dark" in the past. Voices of Wrestling had previously reported ROH would hold tapings on February 25 and 26.

Things get a little murkier beyond those tapings as far as any more in the future, but it's expected that what's on the calendar for the end of February should take ROH all the way up to Supercard of Honor. Tony Khan has yet to specify an airdate for ROH's first weekly show on Honor Club, but given the timetable, it is logical to believe it'd be at the start of March, with several episodes properly building in the weeks to the event during WrestleMania weekend.

Several AEW contracted talents — who had been signed as far back as last year — were noted as likely to appear, having inked deals with the intent to be used for ROH. ROH Champions Claudio Castagnoli, Athena, The Embassy, Samoa Joe, and Wheeler Yuta should be heavily featured.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Guess better late than never; but just odd how we were supposed to get info on an ROH TV show after wrestlekingdom; and then seemingly has nothing to do with NJPW. Feel bad for those who subscribed thinking new content was just around the corner a few months back. Seems like taping at Universal is kind of a anti-ROH thing; but maybe they are trying to sell , or thinking of future content for a streaming service. Plus the look/feel will be like Dark, which is not a good thing.

I'm sure there's more than goes into this.... but wouldn't just a live streaming weekly house show; similar to how ROH ran before; help increase subscribers/interest in your hot markets, but smaller venue sizes. You've got all these wrestlers under contract, and they barely wrestle. I wouldn't assume he'd be worried about losing money on a house show, as it get easily thrown out in other areas. Plus the money is to be made in the streaming of it, not necessarily the live gate.

Maybe they are just going to continue , dripping content until AEW renegotiates with Warner/Discovery. Sounded like they preferred AEW to have their own service vs. joining HBO Max; but we'll see. Just hope the "TV" show is good.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

The Taping schedule makes no sense. It’s like Tony was forced to do some taping to push Supercard PPV. I see people who never watched ROH so pumped up for this. I don’t get it. They still act like Tony is some great booker who has AEW firing on all cylinders. All he does is book same storylines “beat these guys to get to me” & kill peoples momentum. He had cover because pandemic killed NJPW & Vince was a moron but now that NJPW is regaining it’s footing & HHH is actually booking like a normal person, Tony is starting to get exposed.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 pm The Taping schedule makes no sense. It’s like Tony was forced to do some taping to push Supercard PPV. I see people who never watched ROH so pumped up for this. I don’t get it. They still act like Tony is some great booker who has AEW firing on all cylinders. All he does is book same storylines “beat these guys to get to me” & kill peoples momentum. He had cover because pandemic killed NJPW & Vince was a moron but now that NJPW is regaining it’s footing & HHH is actually booking like a normal person, Tony is starting to get exposed.
Doesn't help mlw got a tv deal and I find that more interesting than aew right now
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:11 pm
Shanahan wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 pm The Taping schedule makes no sense. It’s like Tony was forced to do some taping to push Supercard PPV. I see people who never watched ROH so pumped up for this. I don’t get it. They still act like Tony is some great booker who has AEW firing on all cylinders. All he does is book same storylines “beat these guys to get to me” & kill peoples momentum. He had cover because pandemic killed NJPW & Vince was a moron but now that NJPW is regaining it’s footing & HHH is actually booking like a normal person, Tony is starting to get exposed.
Doesn't help mlw got a tv deal and I find that more interesting than aew right now
With the way Rampage has been performing I think Tony will be losing a show instead of getting one.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Shanahan wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:44 pm
With the way Rampage has been performing I think Tony will be losing a show instead of getting one.
MJF has the same storyline every six months where his opponents have to jump through hoops to face him and you have a beat down after every match I keep seeing people
call khan a creative genius well I don't see it at all
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:48 pm
MJF has the same storyline every six months where his opponents have to jump through hoops to face him and you have a beat down after every match I keep seeing people
2 times in 4 years. Try again.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:37 pm

Why do you nearly defend everything aew and tony khan does
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:56 pm
Son, if you think I defend Tony too much you really aren’t paying attention.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

“Ring of Honor TV is coming Thursday, March 2 on HonorClub,” says Khan. “We’ll have our first tapings on Feb. 25 and 26 at Universal Studios in Orlando, and we’re going to put tickets on sale for the inaugural taping on Thursday. Those will be the first-ever tapings of the new Ring of Honor.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:00 pm

Don't insult me with names its very rude
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:38 pm
?
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:46 pm

?
Calling me son is disrespectful to me
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:51 pm

?
Would you prefer child? That’s the kind of content you provide here.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:25 pm

?
And all you do is attack or mock anyone that doesn't agree with youb and do us a favor don't pretend I'm the only one you go after because you go after a few people here I'm just one not to ignore you
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:28 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:25 pm

And all you do is attack or mock anyone that doesn't agree with youb and do us a favor don't pretend I'm the only one you go after because you go after a few people here I'm just one not to ignore you

When you act like a child and make grandiosely wrong statements and get facts sent back, you project. It's a thing kids do.
Captain Podcast