Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Montana »

DougN wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:45 am So what was the point in taking down Honor Club for the year? Seems like just an odd way to take in less money?
Only thing i can think of is the supposed "upgrades". Maybe they were converting video quality/ reviewing footage / music rights. Probably minor to outsiders, but something they likely had to do.
roacheyyy

Post by roacheyyy »

Merry Christmas to all that celebrate
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Merry Christmas!!!
Mavsfan41

Post by Mavsfan41 »

Merry Christmas to All.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Dragon Lee has signed with WWE. He will start with the company in January for the NXT brand.

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/drag ... in-january
DougN

Post by DougN »

Andrade and Rush will join him at some point.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Wouldn't mind some news on the TV show soon. I haven't been watching dark, but seems like more ROH talent on is getting used on Dark. Too bad they job out the talent on Dynamite and Rampage; feature them on Dark; and expect people new fans to be excited for the show. Double edge sword i guess.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Friday, March 31st
Supercard of Honor LIVE from the Galen Center at USC.
Los Angeles.

DougN

Post by DougN »

This PPV is the real test of ROH now that FTR-Briscoes are gone.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
Montana

Post by Montana »

DougN wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:43 am This PPV is the real test of ROH now that FTR-Briscoes are gone.
I think more importantly is having a way like TV or their Honorclub show to promote it. You’ll still likely have a banger Briscoes match. Gotta think Claudio, Samoa Joe, Athena all play a big role. Seems like they should just throw this on Honorclub. People aren’t going to keep paying 40$ for a random show every 3 months.
DougN

Post by DougN »

I doubt they will. TK made a big mention of the PPVs will come to Honor Club after 90 days or whatever.

I'm sure the PPV will be good-to-great, but I don't know that it will have any type of draw or compelling angle to it.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Yeah, that’s true. The initial reaction to Honorclub hasn’t been great, but I don’t know what the numbers are. I assume they are OK consider there’s no new content. I’m guessing over time TK adds more value to the service…. But maybe not, and keep the PPV’s where they are at. Or value is added another way.
DougN

Post by DougN »

If they aren't 20% higher than from before he bought ROH, then ROH is in a bad place.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Eh, not too thrilled that Supercard of Honor is still a thing. Would have liked for that to have been scrapped after last year.
DougN

Post by DougN »

I don't mind it, but there are other events I'd like to make sure are kept. No Glory By Honor last year was a huge mistake. That's a marquee event.
Montana

Post by Montana »

My guess the plan would be to do 4 PPV's a year , unless they add to them Honorclub, which i could see monthly shows.

My vote would probably be : Anniversary show, Supercard, Glory by Honor and Final Battle.

The problem with just 4 ; is the Anniversary show and Supercard are very close, so you'd have to keep them a bit a part. Then the fall/summer shows Glory by Honor, and Death Before dishonor are typically close, so kinda gotta pick one. Since they already ran a DBD, i'd assume they keep SOH, DBD, and FB for sure. They could move like GBH to the Summer; and not do an anniversary show.

Can't wait to hear more about a ROH show.
DougN

Post by DougN »

I think they could phase the anniversary show out. Especially because it was always so close to Supercard and it felt like big, big moments were saved for Supercard.

I'd do Supercard Of Honor (March) Death Before Dishonor (June), Glory By Honor (September), and Final Battle (December).
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I signed backup, its amazing how continuously underwhelming HonorClub is. Like two different owners have had a decade to get classic ROH stuff up and the 02-10 selection is still piss poor. It can't possibly be as difficult to clip entrances as SBG and now Tony make it out to be. Like I just want to watch Gibson win the belt or the original ladder war or the last Danielson match - fairly basic, reasonable requests - and am sol in 2023. Or the browsing feature is shit, still not positive which. But 07 in particular seems awful.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

On the SCoH topic it feels like its up to tony how many buys he wants, he could book briscoes vs danielson & moxley or claudio vs omega at a snap of his fingers and its not like any of his golden boys taking a L would really matter long term.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Looks like ICW is leaving Peacock/WWE Network in 4 days. TK should look to add them to Honorclub because right now with no ppvs or events it's a joke. I won't be signing up until we get some live shows until then I'll watch my DVDs if I need a ROH fix.