Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:13 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:11 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:08 pm
I'm surprised you haven't been banned on here with since I've started posting on here you come off like you are better then anyone else here either when it's comes to yours beliefs or opinions
My views belong to me, if I don't like something my right to share that is exactly that. Just like when I point out your nonsensical made up "facts"
There a difference between sharing your views and crapping on someone for having different views is you
You don't have views though. You repurpose or simply fabricate things you see elsewhere without any logic or reason behind what you say. If you said "Matt Taven is a good wrestler and people want to pay to see him." I would say show me how many people pay. Then I would tell you to explain what does he do that makes him a good wrestler. You'd move on to some copy & paste report that you read on a message board.
Captain Podcast
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

indyfan wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:18 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:08 pm
I'm surprised you haven't been banned on here with since I've started posting on here you come off like you are better then anyone else here either when it's comes to yours beliefs or opinions
Dont you know....he has a podcast!!!!!!!!

Exactly what do you have?
I have a podcast too
AnHonorableMention

indyfan wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:43 pm
indyfan wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:18 pm

Dont you know....he has a podcast!!!!!!!!

Exactly what do you have?
I have a podcast too

Great. I'm sure it's as successful in your fantasy life as your real life is.
Captain Podcast
Mavsfan41

Post by Mavsfan41 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:03 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:00 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:00 pm

Rd Evans and Jimmy Jacobs are on impact creative team
This guy got IP blocked? Yikes.

Also, neither Robert or Jimmy booked in ROH, but they were clearly more competent than Hunter.
You are taking a guy word who either doesn't post on there anymore or got into fights on there with a lot of people
I got into fights with you, because you’d hate on Impact 24/7 and praise every move ROH made. Just like you’re doing now by trying to claim Impact only recently started being booked by former ROH writers.

Which as HonorableMention pointed out isn’t factually correct at all. I thought you were going to spew your typical BS about Maria being the smartest woman in wrestling history, and claim she’s booking that’s why I called you out to begin with.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Mavsfan41 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:39 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:00 pm

This guy got IP blocked? Yikes.

Also, neither Robert or Jimmy booked in ROH, but they were clearly more competent than Hunter.
You are taking a guy word who either doesn't post on there anymore or got into fights on there with a lot of people
I got into fights with you, because you’d hate on Impact 24/7 and praise every move ROH made. Just like you’re doing now by trying to claim Impact only recently started being booked by former ROH writers.

Which as HonorableMention pointed out isn’t factually correct at all. I thought you were going to spew your typical BS about Maria being the smartest woman in wrestling history, and claim she’s booking that’s why I called you out to begin with.
If you read my original I said roh personnel are writing impact which Jimmy and Evans were roh personnel I didn't say anything about them writing a roh show
Mavsfan41

Post by Mavsfan41 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:14 am

If you read my original I said roh personnel are writing impact which Jimmy and Evans were roh personnel I didn't say anything about them writing a roh show
You’re still making it seem like them writing for Impact is new, and it’s not. It’s been that way for awhile.

But once again you take a valid point, and let it soar over your head.

Nice job not even trying to deny your typical Maria BS either.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Mavsfan41 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:04 am

You’re still making it seem like them writing for Impact is new, and it’s not. It’s been that way for awhile.

I didn't say she was the smartest women in wrestling but it was exciting to have a fresh take for the women division in roh and I'm not the only impact fan that has noticed impact really turning into roh in the last six months
Mavsfan41

Post by Mavsfan41 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:21 am

I didn't say she was the smartest women in wrestling but it was exciting to have a fresh take for the women division in roh and I'm not the only impact fan that has noticed impact really turning into roh in the last six months
You’re the only one I see saying that. They don’t have any ROH titles, and the only ROH talents they’re really pushing are PCO, Vincent, and the OGK. That’s not turning into ROH.

And don’t try to play stupid and say “oh it’s ROH, because of Moose and Eddie”. They’ve both been in Impact long enough they’re Impact guys now.

Fresh take how? She didn’t bring in anyone worth keeping when she ran the division (other than Rok-C who was obviously only here until WWE would take her).
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Mavsfan41 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:40 am

You’re the only one I see saying that. They don’t have any ROH titles, and the only ROH talents they’re really pushing are PCO, Vincent, and the OGK. That’s not turning into ROH.

And don’t try to play stupid and say “oh it’s ROH, because of Moose and Eddie”. They’ve both been in Impact long enough they’re Impact guys now.

Fresh take how? She didn’t bring in anyone worth keeping when she ran the division (other than Rok-C who was obviously only here until WWE would take her).
It's not just talent that makes them roh it's the production the booking to little to no storylines with relying on long random matches even relying on partnerships like roh did for the longest time where they think impact viewers watch everything like gcw and go peak around impact forums or Twitter you will find fans are comparing impact to roh or a very raw indy with tv
Mavsfan41

Post by Mavsfan41 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:49 am

It's not just talent that makes them roh it's the production the booking to little to no storylines with relying on long random matches even relying on partnerships like roh did for the longest time where they think impact viewers watch everything like gcw and go peak around impact forums or Twitter you will find fans are comparing impact to roh or a very raw indy with tv
You claim little to no storylines yet at the moment they’re running stories including:

Eddie vs Josh Alexander
Heath vs Honor No More
Kenny King vs Mia Yim
Mike Bailey vs Everyone (X Division Open Challenge)
Sami Callihan vs Moose vs Steve Maclin
OGK vs MCMG
Jordynne Grace vs Masha Slamovich
Killer Kelly vs Tasha Steelz
VXT vs Decay

Those are all storylines with multiple matches occurring from them, and none of the matches are random.

What partnerships are you referring to? Yes they bring in New Japan guys when available, but they’re not headlining all their shows unlike ROH back in the day.

What’s this nonsense about knowing other feds too? More people know GCW than not right now, and that’s due to Moxley and Cardona.

And why should I have to go anywhere? Give me your Twitter UN so I can see the bs you spew, and how you’re a laughing stock there (just like here). As for Impact forums they’re still popular there, and with good reason. Impact is a more fun and consistent product than AEW Rampage.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Fun fact:

Chris Jericho is the 2nd oldest ROH World Champion by the time he won the title. At that moment he was 51 years old, 10 months and 12 days. The only older new ROH World Champion was PCO, who was then (Final Battle 2019) 51 years old, 11 months and 14 days.
So it's only 1 month difference :shock:
If you're interested, 3rd place comes to Christopher Daniels at 15th Anniversary Show - two weeks before his 47th birthday.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Bandido > AEW roster.
#represent
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

tigermask7.0 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:05 am Bandido > AEW roster.
#represent
Damn right!!!!
Montana

Post by Montana »

It's kinda funny how AEW now, is like we have to sign him ASAP... here's a contract. I would have Bandido would have been one of the first people AEW signed.

The Jericho story line is pretty interesting. Hopefully it leads to a TV deal; and if it doesn't not sure how much else AEW can do. They may need to settle for like a show on AXS or something. Would love to see some interesting former ROH champs return... although i don't how many more matches like the one Jericho had with Bandido Jericho can take. Story writes itself though. Too bad for Claudio & Gresham; but here we are.

The women's title, trio's title, TV title and the tag titles are pretty dead at the moment. At Pure title is kinda borderline at the moment. I assume we get Final Battle this year; i imagine they'll start building something up for that, maybe in November.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Like it or not; there is A lot of ROH influence on the current product. Personally i like it as a ROH fan. No, not everyone is a ROH wrestler; but the style is there of many of their wrestlers.

Sure, it's easy to see Taven, Bennett, PCO, Vincent, and Kenny King. Moose and Eddie are just some of the former ROH wrestlers... like Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin, who were also former TNA guys as well. Deonna Purazzo , Tasha Steelz, Chris Bey, Mickie James, Mia Yim, Maria Kanellis, Kushida, Juice Robinson, and Kaz all have some history with ROH. They've also used Jonathan Gresham, Shane Taylor, and Bandido in the past year. Joe Hendry is coming in. Guess we can Add Bobby Fish and Delirious too. It's a stretch but Josh Alexander wrestled a handful of matches in ROH in 2013/2014. Backstage Jacobs/RD Evans, who are not new to Impact; but have been doing really well with Impact.

But for me; it's the non-ROH wrestlers, that wrestle the ROH style.... Trey Miguel , Steve Maclin, Rich Swann , Josh Alexander, Mike Bailey, Chris Bey, Joe Doering, John Skylar, Laredo Kid, Sami Callihan , Allie Katch. Many of which , ROH had their eye; but never signed/used much due to the limited roster slots.

All around, they have a pretty solid roster of wrestlers that can go; and fit the "Impact' Theme. They are putting more emphasis on work rate. Less reliance on former WWE guys; although i am enjoying Myers and Cardona. They are doing a lot of things right at the moment.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Less emphasis on former WWE guys but an ECW alumnu reunion instead during the middle.of a PPV
KL_

Post by KL_ »

From f4wonline:
WWE has an interest in signing Matt Taven, according to Dave Meltzer.

Talking on Monday's Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer talked about several talents that wrapped up with Impact Wrestling after this weekend's shows -- a list includes Mia Yim, Taven, Vincent, Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis-Bennett.

He said WWE is interested in the 37-year-old Taven, a former tag team champion in Impact and NJPW, and Ring of Honor Grand Slam champion. It's unknown if that interest is for the main roster or NXT.

He speculated that NJPW might also have interest in Taven, Bennett and Kanellis-Bennett because of their history there.

Taven, Bennett, Kanellis-Bennett and Vincent will be written off on Impact over the next two weeks based on Saturday's post-Bound for Glory TV taping.

The four have been in the company since this past January.

Vincent and Bateman were both backstage at Raw Monday, but it's unknown if WWE is interested in signing either man.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Taven is garbage.
roacheyyy

Post by roacheyyy »

Don't mind Taven when in a tag team with Bennett but he does nothing for me as a singles guy
AnHonorableMention

Spoiler: show
"Not even in Toronto are Maria, Mike, & Taven over. They got a Charlie Haas pop"
Captain Podcast