Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
EvanKnight

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by EvanKnight »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:53 am Gresham said in a interview that posted on fightful that he will have to move on from roh if the company doesn't start doing contracted talent again
That’s not exactly what he said in that interview
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

EvanKnight wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:40 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:53 am Gresham said in a interview that posted on fightful that he will have to move on from roh if the company doesn't start doing contracted talent again
He said he has a family and will need to look at other options if roh wont be doing contracts anymore
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:10 pm
Shanahan wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:13 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:24 pm

I'm insulting his horrendous podcast hosting abilities and lack of knowledge of the product. Since when are you the Kevin Eck Iraqi Info Minister? Not sure how that makes me a hypocrite or bitter. Your whataboutism and inability to answer the question tells me you're trying to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. Kevin Eck is not a good host, he should stick to writing sports, not wrestling.
I don’t care if you hate or love the podcast. You are a huge baby when you feel someone on this board says anything “negative” about you or your opinions but when you talk shit about someone else…..that’s not only ok but the “truth”. How many times have we had to hear you get defensive and talk about your “families name”. Stop being a bitter defensive hypocrite.
Let's break this down because there's a lot more whataboutism here.

1. You clearly do care about my thoughts on the awful podcast they put out because you refuse to answer the question of what I'm bitter about and want to talk about the goofy Kevin Eck. Are you Kevin Eck or maybe someone else undercover for Sinclair? I can rearrange the nonsense too.

2. This message board and it's posters can say whatever they want. Nobody is talking shit about Kevin Eck the person. We are talking about his shitty podcast. My family is my business. I don't like the vast majority of my family, but that's up to me to disclose. My family isn't in the wrestling business, so I'm not sure why I'd be defending them on a message board.

3. What am I bitter about?
Still waiting....
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:46 pm
EvanKnight wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:40 pm
He said he has a family and will need to look at other options if roh wont be doing contracts anymore
Not sure if this is a different interview, but pretty much says if ROH doesn’t go back to contracts he will explore his other options as he has a family to take care of.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/jonathan ... -contract/

Which, good for Gresham. They said they were resuming live events and tapings after Supercard, yet nothing been announced yet. Minimal talent announced for supercard, but should know more March 1st.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

On Wednesday the 4th of May, AEW will be running a show at the arena that ROH uses/used in Baltimore.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Per a report from Fightful, there is talk that ROH could be sold. The company is currently owned by Sinclair Broadcasting.

It was noted that “multiple” wrestling companies and a few media companies were interested in purchasing or partnering with ROH but the price point was said to be “significant” with figures of $20-$50 million being mentioned. Fightful added that a wealthy wrestling fan heard that the price was $30 million for 50% of ROH.

Wrestlers who have worked for ROH or have been connected with the company have heard that a potential sale was still on the table.

ROH has plans after SuperCard of Honor. Ian Riccaboni recently stated that ROH will return to the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia on April 10 for TV tapings.

It is interesting that this news about a possible ROH sale dropped one day before Tony Khan’s major announcement on AEW Dynamite. It’s unclear if this has anything to do with AEW.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Aew now owns roh
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

Now can I say KENTA for ROH champ? AEW roster do it?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

the feels, i love this guy so much.

https://twitter.com/RighteousReg/status ... 2847140869
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:15 pm the feels, i love this guy so much.

https://twitter.com/RighteousReg/status ... 2847140869
If you or anyone else for that matter ever wondered why I get so defensive of ROH's past, compared to the SBG Circus, it's that emotion from Punk. THAT is why.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

According to fightful some of honor no more members are still under contract to roh
DougN

Post by DougN »

How would that even be the case when they all got released?
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

DougN wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:28 am How would that even be the case when they all got released?
While free to work elsewhere some contracts ended after December while others end in April 1st.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

What is this weekend's TV show?
Montana

Post by Montana »

tigermask7.0 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:37 pm What is this weekend's TV show?
https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-t ... e-defenses

“Jonathan Gresham: A Champion’s Journey,” a two-part series that chronicles Gresham’s ROH World Title defenses in promotions around the globe, begins on this weekend’s special episode of Ring of Honor Wrestling.

Since Gresham won the title in December, his reign has been a throwback to the days of touring world champions.

This episode features the following matches:

– Gresham vs. Jay Lethal (Final Battle: End of an Era, Baltimore, 12/11)
– Gresham vs. AJ Gray (GCW, Los Angeles, 12/17)
– Gresham vs. Adam Priest (New South Pro Wrestling, Hartselle, Ala., 12/18)
– Gresham vs. Chris Sabin (Impact Hard To Kill, Dallas, 1/8)
– Gresham vs. 2 Cold Scorpio (GCW, Hoffman Estates, Ill., 1/15)
– Gresham vs. Josh Alexander (Terminus, 1/16, Atlanta)

Part 2 of “Jonathan Gresham: A Champion’s Journey” airs on Ring of Honor Wrestling the weekend of March 26.

To find out when and where you can watch Ring of Honor Wrestling in your area, go to ROHWrestling.com’s home page and use the zip code look-up tool.

The latest episode of ROH TV is always available for free on ROHWrestling.com and the ROH app every Monday morning and it remains there until the following Monday. Also, Ring of Honor Wrestling streams for free on Fite TV and Best on the Planet every Monday at 7 p.m. ET.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Damn.... its going to be clipped matches
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

indyfan wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:53 am Damn.... its going to be clipped matches
This was my thought too! Along with a slight moan that they are putting the Lethal/Gresham match on again. That must be the second or third time around that ROH have put that on tv in some form already.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

ROH should keep.the women's division championship on Deonna until they have a definitive person to carry the title ...
Like a Serena Deeb.
Montana

Post by Montana »

indyfan wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:53 am Damn.... its going to be clipped matches
I think those 6 matches are being spread over 2 episodes. I’m guessing any matches over 20 mins would be cut down.