Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

tigermask7.0 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:37 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:34 am It also could be a supershow with another promotion
I believe that depends on how much talent-share there is in Dallas between Ring Of Honor & whomever. I'm interested if there is anyone from New Japan or Impact or GCW at SuperCard Of Honor. If anyone is going to be at both shows & battling crosstown traffic. Or talent not booked guesting on SCOH.

Personally would like to see New Japan Strong (NJPWofA) in an alliance with Ring Of Honor. Especially if there are no contractual obligations.
Well according to dave he doesnt know other then tony was in meeting all day last week so its either a supershow or he could be buying something to help jumpstart that possible streaming service
Montana

Post by Montana »

I don’t think a “supershow” would be something massive to the wrestling landscape when you already have used a bunch of Impact and NJPW talent already. Although I would put it past TK to hype something up and under deliver.

Streaming Service would be a welcome addition. ROH tape library would be a nice get. If that doesn’t happen, I could see other promotions working with AEW to stream content in a premium tier. (Impact , ROH , others)

We should be getting another HOF announcement today.
Last edited by Montana on Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Something else I noticed in the Eck files. (Forgot that was still a thing). Basically a recap of the suggestion live stream, but they did reference Matt Taven and Vincent joining forces. Seems odd if he’s done with ROH and Signed with Impacf.

So basically ROH is back tracking on their storyline, to move forward with Impacts storyline. Thus, we could likely see Honor no more in Future ROh shows.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:58 am Something else I noticed in the Eck files. (Forgot that was still a thing). Basically a recap of the suggestion live stream, but they did reference Matt Taven and Vincent joining forces. Seems odd if he’s done with ROH and Signed with Impacf.

So basically ROH is back tracking on their storyline, to move forward with Impacts storyline. Thus, we could likely see Honor no more in Future ROh shows.
The only member of Honor No More from ROH that has been reported as signing is PCO. Everyone else could be fair game.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

People read into the “honor no more” name way too much. It’s ROH guys who are now big time heels in impact…..it’s that simple. OGK will be working ROH going forward
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Shanahan wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:01 pm People read into the “honor no more” name way too much. It’s ROH guys who are now big time heels in impact…..it’s that simple. OGK will be working ROH going forward
He lives! Now answer why I'm so bitter? Or is this another Hunter storyline that started out with a good idea and had no follow up?
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:48 pm
Shanahan wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:01 pm People read into the “honor no more” name way too much. It’s ROH guys who are now big time heels in impact…..it’s that simple. OGK will be working ROH going forward
He lives! Now answer why I'm so bitter? Or is this another Hunter storyline that started out with a good idea and had no follow up?
What's more important though... if you think your bitter; or if everyone else thinks your bitter. i mean, the fact that were having the conversation should be enough evidence.
AnHonorableMention

Montana wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:38 pm
What's more important though... if you think your bitter; or if everyone else thinks your bitter. i mean, the fact that were having the conversation should be enough evidence.
Here's the thing, I'm many things, but bitter isn't one of them. Hell I've tried to pay this business back every day for all it has given me. I have friends across the world because of this business. Just this week alone I had friends working for a Mexican company, a Japanese company, a top indy, WWE, & AEW. That blows my mind. So if you're going to call me an insulting term make sure it's accurate.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:39 pm

Here's the thing, I'm many things, but bitter isn't one of them. Hell I've tried to pay this business back every day for all it has given me. I have friends across the world because of this business. Just this week alone I had friends working for a Mexican company, a Japanese company, a top indy, WWE, & AEW. That blows my mind. So if you're going to call me an insulting term make sure it's accurate.
But you can insult Kevin and that’s just fine…right? Not only are you a bitter but also a hypocrite. Nice Job!
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:41 pm

But you can insult Kevin and that’s just fine…right? Not only are you a bitter but also a hypocrite. Nice Job!
I'm insulting his horrendous podcast hosting abilities and lack of knowledge of the product. Since when are you the Kevin Eck Iraqi Info Minister? Not sure how that makes me a hypocrite or bitter. Your whataboutism and inability to answer the question tells me you're trying to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. Kevin Eck is not a good host, he should stick to writing sports, not wrestling.
Captain Podcast
KL_

Post by KL_ »

PROGRESS Wrestling has announced a “Title vs. Title” match that will take place at PROGRESS Wrestling Chapter 130. We will see PROGRESS World Champion Cara Noir defend his title against ROH World Champion Jonathan Gresham for his championship.

PROGRESS Chapter 130 is scheduled for March 20 in Camden, London.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

KL_ wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:41 am PROGRESS Wrestling has announced a “Title vs. Title” match that will take place at PROGRESS Wrestling Chapter 130. We will see PROGRESS World Champion Cara Noir defend his title against ROH World Champion Jonathan Gresham for his championship.

This seems interesting. Im guessing a time limit draw. Is Cara Noir any good?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Gresham backstage at aew today
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:24 pm

I'm insulting his horrendous podcast hosting abilities and lack of knowledge of the product. Since when are you the Kevin Eck Iraqi Info Minister? Not sure how that makes me a hypocrite or bitter. Your whataboutism and inability to answer the question tells me you're trying to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. Kevin Eck is not a good host, he should stick to writing sports, not wrestling.
I don’t care if you hate or love the podcast. You are a huge baby when you feel someone on this board says anything “negative” about you or your opinions but when you talk shit about someone else…..that’s not only ok but the “truth”. How many times have we had to hear you get defensive and talk about your “families name”. Stop being a bitter defensive hypocrite.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

indyfan wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:48 am
KL_ wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:41 am PROGRESS Wrestling has announced a “Title vs. Title” match that will take place at PROGRESS Wrestling Chapter 130. We will see PROGRESS World Champion Cara Noir defend his title against ROH World Champion Jonathan Gresham for his championship.

This seems interesting. Im guessing a time limit draw. Is Cara Noir any good?
Noir is very good. Match should be great.
AnHonorableMention

Shanahan wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:13 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:24 pm

I don’t care if you hate or love the podcast. You are a huge baby when you feel someone on this board says anything “negative” about you or your opinions but when you talk shit about someone else…..that’s not only ok but the “truth”. How many times have we had to hear you get defensive and talk about your “families name”. Stop being a bitter defensive hypocrite.
Let's break this down because there's a lot more whataboutism here.

1. You clearly do care about my thoughts on the awful podcast they put out because you refuse to answer the question of what I'm bitter about and want to talk about the goofy Kevin Eck. Are you Kevin Eck or maybe someone else undercover for Sinclair? I can rearrange the nonsense too.

2. This message board and it's posters can say whatever they want. Nobody is talking shit about Kevin Eck the person. We are talking about his shitty podcast. My family is my business. I don't like the vast majority of my family, but that's up to me to disclose. My family isn't in the wrestling business, so I'm not sure why I'd be defending them on a message board.

3. What am I bitter about?
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Its funny to watch supposely roh fans begging shane taylor to sign with impact on twitter
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:33 pm Its funny to watch supposely roh fans begging shane taylor to sign with impact on twitter
So you want someone with a family to sit on the sidelines?
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Tony khan whatever the massive deal is the legal teams have them under nda so doesnt sound like a supershow
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Gresham said in a interview that posted on fightful that he will have to move on from roh if the company doesn't start doing contracted talent again