Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Montana »

tigermask7.0 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:05 pm Bandido lost (non-title match?) to Blake Christian at some GCW event.
Blake Christian is challenging Jonathan Gresham for ROH title at The WRLD On GCW.

Whoever walks out of the Hammerstein Ballroom/NYC with the ROH Championship is the linear champion ... regardless of belt.

Terminus is parallel universe stuff.
Bandido didn’t carry his belt to the ring, and his GCW match, was built as a title match. Maybe bc he was losing, or GCW only wanted one ROH champ.
Montana

Post by Montana »

monster mafia wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:02 am ECK'S FILES:

Expect ROH to make a major announcement sometime next week. My sources tell me that anyone who has ever been an ROH fan will be excited by this news.
I'm excited and hope for the best; but have a feeling it will be a bit of a let down. Something like Honor Club will be Free from now-Supercard of Honor. Or some sort of modification to HonorClub. Like Legacy content will be free; with new live events being 10-15$

When they said anyone who has even been a fan; kinda made me roll my eyes and think honorclub (also it being sandwiched in a Eck Files update). Unless they got something really big lined up; like Samoa Joe or a new TV Deal.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I assumed it was just going to be announcing the Briscoes match for SCoH.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

As much as would want it to be a TV deal, I am guessing that it has to do with an ROH Hall Of Fame, that I presume will be on the weekend of Supercard if Honor.
Captain_44

Post by Captain_44 »

It's probably a Hall of Fame. But it might be more matches for Super Card of Honor. Or maybe someone coming back, maybe?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

To coincide with Ring of Honor’s 20th anniversary, the company is proud to announce the establishment of the ROH Hall of Fame.

Since its inception, ROH has created excellence in professional wrestling by giving the best wrestlers on the planet a platform to showcase their talent.

Now ROH will honor the outstanding athletes who have contributed greatly to making it one of the most influential pro wrestling promotions in the industry.

The first inductee in the inaugural ROH Hall of Fame class will be revealed this Monday. Subsequent inductees will be announced on Feb. 7, Feb. 14 and Feb. 21.

Also, each episode of Ring of Honor Wrestling in February will be devoted to a Hall of Fame inductee and there will be weekly YouTube specials on the inductees
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

im ok with this but at the same time i was expecting and hoping for some news to do with the product going forward.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Behind the times again. They've known for months the indie HOF was this past weekend and then they announce this. We don't imitate we innovate deader than a doorknob.
Captain Podcast
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

indyfan wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:19 am im ok with this but at the same time i was expecting and hoping for some news to do with the product going forward.
I feel the same way. I want to see the future of ROH.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:17 am Behind the times again. They've known for months the indie HOF was this past weekend and then they announce this. We don't imitate we innovate deader than a doorknob.
I get what you re saying but ROH has reached 20 years. if they were going to go with a HOF. 20 years sounds about right.

Hopefully ROHs HOF has people dressed for the occasion. The indy one looked silly when pretty much everyone was dressed in street clothes. dont get me wrong i was happy for the guys and Prazaks and Lufistos induction was really good
Montana

Post by Montana »

indyfan wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:19 am im ok with this but at the same time i was expecting and hoping for some news to do with the product going forward.

Agreed. Although, maybe i'm reading in between the lines a bit here; but if ROH is "going away" or Sinclair doesn't want to fund the company; why would they invest in a hall of fame?? To me; if anything this seems like they intend on keeping ROH going; and probably rebuild the product a bit.

Although, as always their TV/Distribution strategy will be interesting. If they have TV; they won't be able to use other outside talent on TV. But could have them at the events. Imagine their champions will continue to get picked off fairly quickly, like Rok-C for example. (although she is yet to sign)
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

indyfan wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:55 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:17 am Behind the times again. They've known for months the indie HOF was this past weekend and then they announce this. We don't imitate we innovate deader than a doorknob.
I get what you re saying but ROH has reached 20 years. if they were going to go with a HOF. 20 years sounds about right.

Hopefully ROHs HOF has people dressed for the occasion. The indy one looked silly when pretty much everyone was dressed in street clothes. dont get me wrong i was happy for the guys and Prazaks and Lufistos induction was really good

I have no problem with doing one, it's why Hagadorn and I started the yearly HOF pod's to end every year, 2 years ago. Indy wrestling is grunge, WWE is opera. There's no need to be unauthentic, ROH has enough of that issue. Let the talent be themselves. I think Orange Crush and GCW did it the right way. Had I been able to do my bar mitzvah in jeans and a t-shirt I would have. Thought the whole presentation was real and enjoyable. I know most of the talent did as well, having been with many involved last night including a couple the main event inductee & several presenters.
Captain Podcast
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Interested in seeing how ROH & Sinclair produce the TV episodes highlighting the Hall Of Fame inductees. The contrast between different eras of television camera footage & the usage of voice-over/narration.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Ian Riccaboni is doing a Facebook Live at 7:30 EST tonight on the ROH Facebook page.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Flip Gordon's official Instagram:
Here's Flip with....'somebody'

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZpVCeSJqVZ/
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Some fans are speculating tony khan latest tease could be him buying roh
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:10 am Some fans are speculating tony khan latest tease could be him buying roh
What was said by Kahn?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

indyfan wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:29 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:10 am Some fans are speculating tony khan latest tease could be him buying roh
What was said by Kahn?
“There will be a lot of news in the week ahead,” Tony told Busted Open Radio. “I don’t know if I will get it done by tonight, but stay tuned in the week ahead, hopefully. I am working on something pretty big. It would be massive. I don’t know if it’s what anybody would expect it is, or think it is, but it would be a big deal in pro wrestling. I am looking forward to hopefully making it happen, stay tuned. Hopefully, I will get it done and have more to announce soon.”
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

It also could be a supershow with another promotion
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:34 am It also could be a supershow with another promotion
I believe that depends on how much talent-share there is in Dallas between Ring Of Honor & whomever. I'm interested if there is anyone from New Japan or Impact or GCW at SuperCard Of Honor. If anyone is going to be at both shows & battling crosstown traffic. Or talent not booked guesting on SCOH.

Personally would like to see New Japan Strong (NJPWofA) in an alliance with Ring Of Honor. Especially if there are no contractual obligations.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!