Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:28 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:09 pm I wonder if the guys that showed up tonight is the talent roh hasnt officially released or are keeping a few talent under contract even when they come back
This seems like a pretty decent theory to me.
Might end up doing what impact did when anthem took over is far keeping 8 to 10 wrestlers under deals
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

I thought PCO was already leaving before they decided to shut it down.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

They’re not keeping talent who said they were released under contract. This has reached flat earth status. The group made zero sense at all. No idea who they were fighting but that has nothing to do with an invasion angle. Did Lance storm invade raw to fight rvd? No, he came in to fuck with WWF. It’s not about who they are against but what.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:46 am I thought PCO was already leaving before they decided to shut it down.
This is correct. Of course the sycophants do not recall this.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

This is not hard to understand. Impact wanted some buzz. They got it. The ex ROH guys will work ROH going forward on pay per appearance deal.

Deonna will win the ROH Womens Title and then defend it until Supercard. ROH has actually played this really smart. ROH is talked about more now than in last 2 years and they are spending no money to do it. Hunter learned something from Gedo.
AnHonorableMention

Literally calling the group Honor No More. Has it sunk in yet?
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

I haven't really seen much from the Impact PPV.

As for contract status; i assume they are per appearance for now; and we'll see from there.

As for the lack of logic. Yea; it doesn't really make sense. Let's assume Impact wanted Taven and Bennett (For potentially a contract) but wanted to bring them in some some bang... so they were already friends with Vincent, outside of ROH. PCO is kind of the odd one; but i can see why Impact would want him in. I think IMpact just picked who they wanted from ROH and threw them together as a takeover type thing. No logic; but probably more of an "impact" if these guys just debuted on their own.

Honor no more.... heh... I think something like Dishonored would be cooler. I probably would have brought back EC3 with this invasion angle; but maybe they are saving the "Free your Narrative" stuff.

**************************************************************************************************************************************

Think we need to put together an ROH wrestler tracker: (Feel free to add/correct/modify)

Jonathan Gresham (Everywhere) - GCW, Impact,
Bandido - GCW ,
Briscoes - GCW
Matt Taven - Impact , NWA
Mike Bennett - Impact, NWA
PCO - Impact
Vincent - Impact
Jay Lethal - AEW
Brody King - AEW
DanHausen - AEW
Josh Woods - AEW (Dark) / Try Out
Tony Deppen GCW
ALex Zayne - GCW
Bateman - LA Fights / GCW/ NJPW
Ian - Impact/NJPW
Bobby Cruise - Impact

Smaller Indies
Delirious
Rhett Titus
Bouncers - NWA?
Brian Johnson "Mecca"
Dak Draper
Eli Isom
Silas Young
Tracey Williams
World Famous CB

???
Dalton Castle
Dragon Lee
Rush
Rey Horus
Flamita
EC3
Flip Gordon
Joe Hendry
Shane Taylor & SOS
Kenny King
LSG
PJ Black
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Ring of Honor returns to live wrestling with Supercard of Honor - slated for Friday, April 1 at the Curtis Culwell Center in Dallas-Fort Worth.

Tickets for the annual pay-per-view extravaganza go on sale Friday, Jan. 21 at 11 a.m. Eastern/10 a.m. Central for HonorClub members, and Friday, Jan. 28 at 11 a.m. Eastern/10 a.m. Central for the general public.

Since 2006, Supercard of Honor has been the stage for some of ROH’s most memorable and historic matches featuring the best wrestlers on the planet.

Keep it locked into ROHWrestling.com and ROH’s social media channels for Supercard of Honor announcements.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

IT LIVEEEEEEEEEES

Ring of Honor returns to live wrestling with Supercard of Honor - slated for Friday, April 1 at the Curtis Culwell Center in Dallas-Fort Worth.

Tickets for the annual pay-per-view extravaganza go on sale Friday, Jan. 21 at 11 a.m. Eastern/10 a.m. Central for HonorClub members, and Friday, Jan. 28 at 11 a.m. Eastern/10 a.m. Central for the general public.

Since 2006, Supercard of Honor has been the stage for some of ROH’s most memorable and historic matches featuring the best wrestlers on the planet.

Keep it locked into ROHWrestling.com and ROH’s social media channels for Supercard of Honor announcements.

ROH PRESENTS SUPERCARD OF HONOR
FRIDAY, APRIL 1
BELL TIME: 7 P.M CT
CURTIS CULWELL CENTER
4999 NAAMAN FOREST BLVD.
GARLAND, TX 75040
AnHonorableMention

That building is where AEW runs. Jesus.
Captain Podcast
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

The announcement is earlier than I thought but it may be a good idea to get out ahead of the Wrestlemania weekend competition. Hopefully the show is a success so that there will be more of them.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:24 am That building is where AEW runs. Jesus.
Seems a little too big, but maybe they got a really good deal on the building.
Montana

Post by Montana »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:24 am That building is where AEW runs. Jesus.
It is Mania weekend, and maybe ROH has some special guest up their sleeves.

The odd thing is; like technically they have no one under contract; so they should probably announce a few names locked in for the event and maybe a match or two; before tickets go on sale. If all the big names have signed deals else where; it will certainly have a different feel to the show.
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

https://twitter.com/Laviemarg/status/14 ... 11046?s=20

43 miles out? Hope they got a good deal and got some names planned
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

I'd be 100% up for a OGK vs Heath & Rhino match at Supercard.
Wrestlingisback

EvanKnight wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:05 am I'd be 100% up for a OGK vs Heath & Rhino match at Supercard.
That would speak volumes about the “new direction” of ROH.

Not sure if it would be good volumes though
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Are we shocked tho? ROH has played this really well. They get buzz from Hard to Kill & 2 days later announce SuperCard. Not sure who is running this but they are doing a great job.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Bandido vs Gresham main event ?
Wrestlingisback

Impact just announced they’re doing a show at Wrestlecon Mania weekend head to head with Supercard of Honor so don’t look like there’ll be any crossover between the two promotions at those events
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:58 pm Literally calling the group Honor No More. Has it sunk in yet?
No. Explain it to me