Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Montana »

Wavelet Transform wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:54 pm Big sale on the ROH website happening. For anyone still collecting physical media, a large number of DVDs are $2.
I noticed this a day or so as well. I assume this is the Black Friday deal, although it looks like select stuff is on sale. I’m kinda waiting to see if the pure tournament dvd goes on sale. It still boggles my mind, they don’t like promote their sales. OR if they are doing a DVD blowout, maybe bundle like a 5 pack of Dvd shows or 10 at a bundle price or grab bag like Tna/impact.

Also where have been the sales the past 18 months? Felt odd they wouldn’t be pushing more stuff. Just recently, they’ve been trying new merch like the wrestling buddies and more expensive stuff like the mask. You’d think without running shows, you’d be heavily promoting the online store.
Montana

Post by Montana »

A couple random notes:

Daniel Garcia is the first wrestler announced for “Terminus” Gresham’s new Indy company. The trailer also featured Josh Alexander and Tracy Williams.

MLW is now having an “open door” policy on free agents, thus any free agents can come in, and challenge as needed. So it’s seems like MLW , while keeping some contracts, is going to be using more pay per appearance deals.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:21 am A couple random notes:

Daniel Garcia is the first wrestler announced for “Terminus” Gresham’s new Indy company. The trailer also featured Josh Alexander and Tracy Williams.

MLW is now having an “open door” policy on free agents, thus any free agents can come in, and challenge as needed. So it’s seems like MLW , while keeping some contracts, is going to be using more pay per appearance deals.
That's pretty standard for how MLW has been doing things.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

This week episode seems like a good show by reading the reviews so hopefully we will know the future of the company so we might be able to get invested in the shows again
Last edited by Chrisvegas27 on Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:27 pm This week episode seems like a good show by reading the reviews so hopefully we will know the future of the so we might be able to get invested in the shows again
Good matches, bad results.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Mandy leon wtf
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

Mandy acting like a heel and eeking out a victory to give WIllow a win as #1 contender for FB is not a bad thing. Assuming of course that it is Willow facing Rok-C at the PPV. If they go with Mandy vs Rok-C, that would be 100% the wrong call in my book. Having Trish win this and lose to Willow doesn't do anything for anyone. Hopefully we see Willow face the champ, and then parlay the underlying issues into a multi-person match to settle the score. Give me Angelina, Mandy, Miranda, & Max vs Chelsea, Allysin, Trish, & Quinn along with Rok-C vs Willow at Final Battle.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Gresham said he remain loyal to roh even without a contract
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Speaking of Ring of Honor’s impending hiatus, Gresham says he wasn't made aware of anything in advance but he says that with or without a contract, he will remain loyal to Ring of Honor.

"I didn't know. I got a phone call from a close buddy maybe 30 minutes before we had the Zoom call with the whole roster and they said, 'Gresh, I don't think this is going to be a good call.' We had a discussion about that and it ended up being true, it wasn't a good call. I didn't have a heads up besides the one call from my buddy. Everyone who knows anything about me knows that I am on this boat until it sinks. My contract will expire in December, but even with no contract, I am loyal to Ring of Honor until the end."
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

my world champion.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:09 am Speaking of Ring of Honor’s impending hiatus, Gresham says he wasn't made aware of anything in advance but he says that with or without a contract, he will remain loyal to Ring of Honor.

"I didn't know. I got a phone call from a close buddy maybe 30 minutes before we had the Zoom call with the whole roster and they said, 'Gresh, I don't think this is going to be a good call.' We had a discussion about that and it ended up being true, it wasn't a good call. I didn't have a heads up besides the one call from my buddy. Everyone who knows anything about me knows that I am on this boat until it sinks. My contract will expire in December, but even with no contract, I am loyal to Ring of Honor until the end."
Can you post a link to this article? I'd like to read it.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

kovs27 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:04 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:09 am Speaking of Ring of Honor’s impending hiatus, Gresham says he wasn't made aware of anything in advance but he says that with or without a contract, he will remain loyal to Ring of Honor.

Can you post a link to this article? I'd like to read it.
https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/excl ... ring-honor
Montana

Post by Montana »

ECk Files:

* Monday: Jonathan Gresham vs. Dragon Lee, 1 p.m. ET
* Tuesday: Dalton Castle and Dak Draper vs. PJ Black and Flip Gordon, 7 p.m. ET
* Wednesday: Beer City Bruiser vs. Caprice Coleman, 1 p.m. ET
* Thursday: ROH World Six Man Tag Team Title Match: Champions Shane Taylor and Soldiers of Savagery vs. Violence Unlimited (Homicide, Chris Dickinson and Tony Deppen), 7 p.m. ET
* Friday: EC3 vs. Demonic Flamita, 7 p.m. ET

Who Castle will defend his ROH World Television Title against at Final Battle will be announced on the upcoming ROH Week By Week, which premieres Tuesday at 1 p.m. Eastern on YouTube.

A wild-card 10-man tag team match will take place on Final Battle Hour One, which airs for free on multiple platforms, including HonorClub, YouTube and Facebook on Dec. 11 from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern. The pay-per-view portion of Final Battle begins at 8 p.m.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

gresham vs draogn lee for free? damn!
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Matt taven and gresham was backstage at dynamite this week and josh woods competed at the aew dark tapings today
DougN

Post by DougN »

Super surprised at Josh Woods. You would think WWE would have feelers out for him, but I guess his age works against him even if he still feels like a young guy on the up and up.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Like i've been saying for weeks....don't be shocked when Gresham and Mecca win the titles and STP/Castle retain them. ROH is trying to keep all titles in house with people who will be available for April. The only title i don't know about is Tag titles because both teams looking to be staying away from WWE/AEW so that's a coin toss depending on what ROH wants to do with belts until re-start
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

DougN wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:08 pm Super surprised at Josh Woods. You would think WWE would have feelers out for him, but I guess his age works against him even if he still feels like a young guy on the up and up.
https://twitter.com/mrjacobcohen/status ... 59685?s=21
Wavelet Transform

Post by Wavelet Transform »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:55 am Like i've been saying for weeks....don't be shocked when Gresham and Mecca win the titles and STP/Castle retain them. ROH is trying to keep all titles in house with people who will be available for April. The only title i don't know about is Tag titles because both teams looking to be staying away from WWE/AEW so that's a coin toss depending on what ROH wants to do with belts until re-start
Would have been shocked if Johnson won the Pure Title prior to this, now it seems disappointingly likely. They've done a good job moving Johnson up the card, but he's totally out of place in the pure division. Would have much preferred Tracy getting a reign; much better pure wrestler and deserves it for all the great matches he's had the past 2.5 years.