Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BurningHammer

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by BurningHammer »

If NJPW talent are starting to say they are interested again I think that’s a good sign overall. I haven’t seen Robinson do anything for around a year or so, so know idea if he would be anything to add right now. Still if he wants to try and re-write what his last time in ROH was like I’ll be all for it I think.
Montana

Post by Montana »

While on the subject of Tag Teams; you've got a solid team of the Bouncers, yet never push/elevate them (let alone much TV time lately) . Kind of a double edge sword; but they should certainly at least be a threat to win, as a tag team. Especially when you only have a few true tag teams. They could win against the make-shift singles/tag teams like (Lee/King, Homicide/Dickinson, Titus/Williams, Bandido/ Horus, Castle/Drapper, Keys/Caballero) Or just have them squash the Dojo wrestlers; leading to bigger matches. Seems like they mainly just put over other singles wrestlers going into a tag team.

I get not everyone likes the bouncers; but it's what you got. Other makeshift tag teams options; that could permanently go tag:

Bateman & Dutch (They could be singles; but i think they could have a nice tag run, maybe win the belts; then let the go singles)

Sledge & DanHausen (Low End Tag team... while they figure out their place in ROH; and gives them a storyline)

LSG & Shaheem Ali ( Bring back Coast 2 Coast, why not)

SIlas Young & Brian Johnson - Similar personalities... both can talk.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

ROH Tag Wars Tournament 2022:

16 team Tournament on the Television program over a couple of months. Leading to a finals at major PPV, then immediately rebroadcasted the next week on TV, ROH Watch Along, & YouTube. Maximize exposure in minimal time.

Some of the teams should be established ROH tag teams, some should be makeshift ROH singles as a team, & some tag teams from the independents.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

With Final Battle being Dec 11. I fear we wont get a new episode of TV dealing with the fallout until Jan 8. Dec 18 will be the random pure rules or Xmas tag episode. Then the next 2 following weekends are Xmas and NYD. If ROH goes almost 1 month with nothing after FB that will be an epic fail.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I will say this roh might be the only company right now outside nwa with no actual buzz
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

During Women's Wednesday, in the chat someone asked Maria about women's tag titles and she answered that they are being made. So looks like even more titles are cong in the future. ROH really needs more TV time or at least the return of live events.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

If they get back to 20-24 live events and 4 ppvs it will be fine.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

ECK'S FILES:

*The matchups are set for the huge Violence vs. Pure episode of Ring of Honor Wrestling the weekend of Oct. 23.

In the main event, two former ROH World Champions will square off when Violence Unlimited’s Homicide takes on The Foundation’s Jay Lethal.

These two have faced each other many times going all the way back to 2002 when they met in a dark match at the inaugural Final Battle.

Homicide re-introduced himself to Lethal after a seven-year absence in ROH by hitting a Gringo Killer on him at the end of the 19th Anniversary show earlier this year.

In the other matchups, VU’s Brody King and Chris Dickinson face The Foundation’s Jonathan Gresham and Tracy Williams in tag team action, and VU’s Tony Deppen meets The Foundation’s Rhett Titus.

* New ROH Pure Champion Josh Woods will make his first title defense against LSG on the Championship Edition of Ring of Honor Wrestling in a few weeks.

As announced in last week’s Eck’s Files, the show is headlined by an ROH World Title Match between champion Bandido and Alex Zayne.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:27 pm I will say this roh might be the only company right now outside nwa with no actual buzz
Well, I don't think ROH is quite as bad off as NWA; and several other smaller promotions; or select Mexican/European/Japan companies... but yeah; seems like no sense of urgency with ROH. Not sure if it's maybe like a calm before the storm; but maybe there's stuff going on behind the scenes. Seemed like they had some buzz with the pure tournament; then with Brody King / STP / & Violence Unlimited, but kinda failed to follow up on it.

Even the Eck Files for this week; felt more like promotions for other companies, than ROH. Seems like Hyping Final Battle up, WITH fans; would be important; but it felts like the article would pushing more non-ROH things with ROH wrestlers; than their own company itself. They talked about the Briscoes in GCW; and advertising that show; Doug Williams & Joe Hendry for Carnival of Honor; & Adam Brooks winning all the belts in Australia. When they did talk about ROH, it was a jumbled mess (kinda). Like this match is in 2 weeks, this match is this weekend, this match is in a few weeks on a championship edition, date TBD, this match in next week. this match is on week by week. How hard would it be to maybe make a visual with the matches and dates like AEW/Impact/WWE has been doing. OR list it out like this:

OCT 15th weekend

ROH Tag Team Titles
Dragon Lee & Kenny Kings vs SOS

8 Man Tag

Foundation (Lethal, Gresham, Titus, Williams) vs. Isom , Rust, CB, & Keys

OCT 19th (Week by Week)

Pure Rules

Brian Milonas vs. Eric Martin

OCT 23rd Weekend (Pure vs. Violence)

Main Event
Jay Lethal vs Homicide

Brody King & Chris Dickinson vs. Jonathan Gresham & Tracy Williams

Tony Deppen vs Rhett Titus

OCT 30Th ?!? TBD ( Championship Edition)

ROH Championship
Bandido vs. Alex Zayne

Pure Title

Josh Woods vs. LSG

Maybe OCT 30th or Nov 7th Allysin Kay vs. Trish Adora vs. Mandy Leon?!?

kovs27 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:26 pm During Women's Wednesday, in the chat someone asked Maria about women's tag titles and she answered that they are being made. So looks like even more titles are cong in the future. ROH really needs more TV time or at least the return of live events.
Wow, seems a little early in my opinion. They aren't even back to running shows yet. Think they've got about 8 women's wrestler actually on the roster/ under contract.... So not much of a division yet. Seems like ROH & MLW are sharing some women's talent, so maybe that will help. It almost feels like they would NEED more TV time to make this decision. Or maybe Women of Honor, just becomes it's own show.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

I think Championship Edition will air the weekend of Nov 6. They did say first week in Nov but i agree these schedules get confusing.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

If they are making tag belts I can’t believe they are going to keep to an hour of TV, there is just too much talent being needed and too little time if they don’t. Even with the Wednesday and Tuesday YouTube programming. I really do hope it’s all a sign to point to a much longer program.

I’m guessing we’ll start to get more Final Battle news etc come November, it leaves them a little bit more than a month to build which should be enough. I would think we will know the main challenger for the Title after Zayne’s match. If it’s Brody I have a feeling he’s winning.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Shanahan wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:44 am With Final Battle being Dec 11. I fear we wont get a new episode of TV dealing with the fallout until Jan 8. Dec 18 will be the random pure rules or Xmas tag episode. Then the next 2 following weekends are Xmas and NYD. If ROH goes almost 1 month with nothing after FB that will be an epic fail.
I agree. 19DEC should be a "Fallout from Final Battle" episode.
14DEC ROH Week by Week should a recap of Final Battle & advertise the 19DEC Fallout TV episode. Then the 21DEC Week by Week should recap the fallout.

P.S. "Fallout from Final Battle" episode should have a major cliffhanger ... like the proper ending to a season of television. "Momma, . . . who was that Masked Man?!?"
Compelling television to lure audiences back in January.

Sinclair . . . Make it happen!
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Montana wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:17 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:27 pm I will say this roh might be the only company right now outside nwa with no actual buzz
Well, I don't think ROH is quite as bad off as NWA; and several other smaller promotions; or select Mexican/European/Japan companies... but yeah; seems like no sense of urgency with ROH. Not sure if it's maybe like a calm before the storm; but maybe there's stuff going on behind the scenes. Seemed like they had some buzz with the pure tournament; then with Brody King / STP / & Violence Unlimited, but kinda failed to follow up on it.

Even the Eck Files for this week; felt more like promotions for other companies, than ROH. Seems like Hyping Final Battle up, WITH fans; would be important; but it felts like the article would pushing more non-ROH things with ROH wrestlers; than their own company itself. They talked about the Briscoes in GCW; and advertising that show; Doug Williams & Joe Hendry for Carnival of Honor; & Adam Brooks winning all the belts in Australia. When they did talk about ROH, it was a jumbled mess (kinda). Like this match is in 2 weeks, this match is this weekend, this match is in a few weeks on a championship edition, date TBD, this match in next week. this match is on week by week. How hard would it be to maybe make a visual with the matches and dates like AEW/Impact/WWE has been doing. OR list it out like this:

OCT 15th weekend

ROH Tag Team Titles
Dragon Lee & Kenny Kings vs SOS

8 Man Tag

Foundation (Lethal, Gresham, Titus, Williams) vs. Isom , Rust, CB, & Keys

OCT 19th (Week by Week)

Pure Rules

Brian Milonas vs. Eric Martin

OCT 23rd Weekend (Pure vs. Violence)

Main Event
Jay Lethal vs Homicide

Brody King & Chris Dickinson vs. Jonathan Gresham & Tracy Williams

Tony Deppen vs Rhett Titus

OCT 30Th ?!? TBD ( Championship Edition)

ROH Championship
Bandido vs. Alex Zayne

Pure Title

Josh Woods vs. LSG

Maybe OCT 30th or Nov 7th Allysin Kay vs. Trish Adora vs. Mandy Leon?!?

kovs27 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:26 pm During Women's Wednesday, in the chat someone asked Maria about women's tag titles and she answered that they are being made. So looks like even more titles are cong in the future. ROH really needs more TV time or at least the return of live events.
Wow, seems a little early in my opinion. They aren't even back to running shows yet. Think they've got about 8 women's wrestler actually on the roster/ under contract.... So not much of a division yet. Seems like ROH & MLW are sharing some women's talent, so maybe that will help. It almost feels like they would NEED more TV time to make this decision. Or maybe Women of Honor, just becomes it's own show.
doesn't help that your number one contender is losing on impact multiple times before his championship match next month against bandido
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

I don't read spoilers but so far he lost a 3 way where he didn't eat the pin on 9/30 episode.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Is anyone expecting him to win no, he’s a challenger to hopefully have a good to great match with Bandido to add to Bandido’s time as champion. He one a battle royal goodness sack people really need to chill out about this stuff.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Roh really needs to do something because buddy Murphy heading to njpw strong
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

they aren't bringing in any full time guys until they start a full schedule again. Hopefully in Jan
Montana

Post by Montana »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:43 pm they aren't bringing in any full time guys until they start a full schedule again. Hopefully in Jan
They've got like 6-8 international talent, that hasn't been to any tapings since early 2020 as well. ROH already has way too much talent for their 1 hour of TV; and even if they lose PCO & Rush; they still have a pretty full roster. I could see signing 1-2 guys in JAN. I assume they are already put offers out; on who they are interested in.

I don't think EC3 is on a long deal either. He could be gone too.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

I was going to say that I thought ROH had actually been putting a better focus on tag teams, and if you accept the group teams as “proper” teams, then they were getting a decent depth and the hot-shifting that I personally don’t generally like had arguably helped…then they have a VU and Foundation show and mix up the former tag champs instead of having Dickerson/Homicide vs Titus/Williams…
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

EvanKnight wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:55 am I was going to say that I thought ROH had actually been putting a better focus on tag teams, and if you accept the group teams as “proper” teams, then they were getting a decent depth and the hot-shifting that I personally don’t generally like had arguably helped…then they have a VU and Foundation show and mix up the former tag champs instead of having Dickerson/Homicide vs Titus/Williams…
That's because they are playing off Homicide's return when he gave Lethal the Cop Killer back in March (long term booking). And they are having fresh match up's. I actually like these match up's. We don't want Lethal/Brody in same match for awhile. We get Brody/Dickinson tag team in ROH after they were killing it in Strong. And i'm excited for Rhett to shine in a 1 on 1 vs Deppen.