Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by famicommander »

DougN wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:56 pm Okay, Principal Skinner.

You're mistaking popularity for quality. There is often no correlation between the two, which explains why WWE has been #1 for over two decades in a row.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Watching it live in the Stadium it was best match i ever saw. Watching it back on TV it was really really good maych but not best match i've seen this year. A hot crowd can make really good match seem amazing.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

"some people exchange information with you" hhahahahahahaha
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

omega vs dragon was awesome.
DougN

Post by DougN »

Shanahan wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:12 pm Watching it live in the Stadium it was best match i ever saw. Watching it back on TV it was really really good maych but not best match i've seen this year. A hot crowd can make really good match seem amazing.
I have no problem with this take at all. It's totally reasonable and I can see exactly where he's coming from. It's an opinion and not over-reactive hyperbole because people are raving about the match.

Again, if you don't think it's 5 stars or you don't think it's one of his best matches, that's totally understandable and fine. But to say it's "dead-ass average" compared to his ROH work is just absurd. It really, truly is. And when you start bringing up Skip Bayless-style hot takes like that, that's when the personal attacks do start because you're phishing for them, either intentionally because you're so intelligently barren or unintentionally because you're so conditioned to dislike AEW because it's popular. Take your pick.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

DougN wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:28 am
Shanahan wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:12 pm Watching it live in the Stadium it was best match i ever saw. Watching it back on TV it was really really good maych but not best match i've seen this year. A hot crowd can make really good match seem amazing.
I have no problem with this take at all. It's totally reasonable and I can see exactly where he's coming from. It's an opinion and not over-reactive hyperbole because people are raving about the match.

Again, if you don't think it's 5 stars or you don't think it's one of his best matches, that's totally understandable and fine. But to say it's "dead-ass average" compared to his ROH work is just absurd. It really, truly is. And when you start bringing up Skip Bayless-style hot takes like that, that's when the personal attacks do start because you're phishing for them, either intentionally because you're so intelligently barren or unintentionally because you're so conditioned to dislike AEW because it's popular. Take your pick.
You mad.

And still wrong.

You're the one whose opinion on AEW is affected by its popularity. It's a bad wrestling show to its very core.

AEW and WWE are both ROH and TNA retirement homes at this point.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:40 am
DougN wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:28 am

You mad.

And still wrong.

You're the one whose opinion on AEW is affected by its popularity. It's a bad wrestling show to its very core.

Retirement homes? Why because they have some older wrestlers? ROH doesn’t have too many older wrestlers because they would never consider ROH. Christian Cage wouldn’t wrestle here, ROH would take him. Randy Orton would never wrestle here, but ROH would take him. Pretty soon, you’re going to be old and still be complaining about “older wrestlers”.

I bet you were jacking off when Terry Funk showed up in ECW 20 years ago and you didn’t slam Tajiri being in MLW, so you’re probably marking out for it too. Just because you don’t like certain wrestlers and want to shit on AEW, doesn’t mean it’s true.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:38 am "some people exchange information with you" hhahahahahahaha
Yes, this is how friendships and relationships work. Maybe one day you'll have friends. I hope so.
Captain Podcast
DougN

Post by DougN »

Man, at least Skip Bayless gets paid for his terrible takes.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

" this is how friendships and relationships work" hahahahaha
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Thats not how my friendships work...we get fucked up and have a good time....

Sorry to interupt the ROH slamming but i heard Gresham vs Ridgeway will be on Week by Week
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Final battle with a crowd, great news.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:44 am " this is how friendships and relationships work" hahahahaha
Do all you ever contribute is an I’m rubber you’re glue concept?

indyfan wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:15 pm Thats not how my friendships work...we get fucked up and have a good time....

Sorry to interupt the ROH slamming but i heard Gresham vs Ridgeway will be on Week by Week
I do not drink or do drugs outside of help with sleep and pre-workout. No two friendships are alike.

Also ridgeway rules so this should be a killer.
Captain Podcast
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

The Briscoes will challenge Second Gear Crew (Mance Warner and Matthew Justice) for the GCW tag titles October 23rd in Los Angeles.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

kovs27 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:01 pm The Briscoes will challenge Second Gear Crew (Mance Warner and Matthew Justice) for the GCW tag titles October 23rd in Los Angeles.
DEM BOYS! We gonna see new champs!
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

That’s great news on Ridgeway and Gresham, can’t wait to see that.

Obviously having fans back for Final Battle is awesome news, hopefully that’s the start of it being a permanent thing from then on.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Shanahan wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:18 pm
kovs27 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:01 pm The Briscoes will challenge Second Gear Crew (Mance Warner and Matthew Justice) for the GCW tag titles October 23rd in Los Angeles.
DEM BOYS! We gonna see new champs!
Selfishly I was hoping for the match in Atlantic City or Hammerstein but the upcoming LA show is stacked.
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

When Jim Cornette has nicer things to say about AEW than you, you may have a few issues.
DougN

Post by DougN »

Don't make personal attacks. He takes offense to that. Just take his batshit, glue-sniffing soundbites and say "Good for you, little buddy." Seems to be the only thing that will work.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Reaper G wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:20 pm

When Jim Cornette has nicer things to say about AEW than you, you may have a few issues.
Jim Cornette is scum. Whether he loves or hates AEW is irrelevant to me.

The only positive about AEW is that it's marginally better than WWE. But that's like saying getting kicked in the head is better than getting kicked in the nuts.