Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Shanahan

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Shanahan »

tigermask7.0 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:00 am Minoru Suzuki is in America for #njpwSTRONG this autumn.
Minoru Suzuki competing in ROH pure division this autumn???
I think roh is taping TV a week earlier so maybe send Gresham or Woods to Strong for a title defense.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

tigermask7.0 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:00 am Minoru Suzuki is in America for #njpwSTRONG this autumn.
Minoru Suzuki competing in ROH pure division this autumn???
Probably not.
Captain Podcast
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Wikipedia says Minoru is 53, that’s way too old!
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

That's why he is in USA during G1 tour date.
And 53 is not old for AEW.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

who cares, he is still great.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Suzuki is doing 4 dates for GCW. I'll get to see him in Atlantic City.

Hopefully he does a lot of events. At 53 who knows if he ever comes back to perform.
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

Genuine testament to Minoru, PCO, and others wrestling into their 50s.

I remember during the Attitude Era when fans on message boards would say 40 is ancient but with improved conditioning, improved wrestling conditions, more known about diet and nutrition, it's neat to see wrestlers for even longer than they used to.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Ecks files.

*Brody King has recovered from his recent bout with COVID-19 and will be in action at both Glory By Honor shows.

During an appearance on “The Wrestling Inc. Daily” podcast earlier this week, King said he had contracted the coronavirus despite being fully vaccinated.

* There will be matches filmed for Women’s Division Wednesday both nights at the 2300 Arena before Glory By Honor goes live on HonorClub. Be there in person to see them first!

*In last week’s Eck’s Files, I wrote that some talented wrestlers who were recently released from another organization could be appearing at the Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view on Sept. 12 in Philadelphia.

Now I can report that two wrestlers who fit that description will indeed face each other on that show. Expect an announcement within the next couple weeks.

*As first announced on ROH Week By Week, LFI will challenge for the ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Title at Death Before Dishonor.

LFI will meet the winner of the match between defending champions Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor and Soldiers of Savagery’s Moses and Kaun) and Incoherence (Delirious, Hallowicked and Frightmare) at Glory By Honor Night 2.

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ecks- ... lory-honor
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

IanRiccaboni wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:59 am Genuine testament to Minoru, PCO, and others wrestling into their 50s.

I remember during the Attitude Era when fans on message boards would say 40 is ancient but with improved conditioning, improved wrestling conditions, more known about diet and nutrition, it's neat to see wrestlers for even longer than they used to.
Yeah, that had to do with JR and the WWF. I remember him saying they had all the “young guys” and called Hogan v Piper “age in the cage”. Funny how that works when the guys signed for the WWF years later and were even older. Now he has old Sting in AEW.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I just hope nobody, anywhere tries to let Ric Flair wrestle again. Let him show up and Naitch it up and chop people and low blow people or whatever, great. Please, please no matches. What he did in AAA was already too much.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I don't mind older wrestlers wrestling; they just need to be careful who they are in the ring with; and know their limits. PCO doing flips is great and all; but one slip up, could cause a lot of damage. Seems like a manager role or special guest is a good way to use these wrestlers. Not sure why the need to wrestle to feel relevant. Big if done right; can help both the younger talent, and the veteran.

Briscoes and FTR would be quite a feud. FTR hasn't lit the world on fire in AEW: like they probably would have hoped. I'm already more excited for a Briscoes match, vs. anything they've done to date in AEW.

I thought i recall at Best in the World; they said there were "Big Surprises" coming soon on TV; and i don't think we've gotten that yet, unless i'm missing something. I have to imagine a few new faces are due in soon (DBD) but wonder if anything else is coming from the TV tapings. I assume the BITW tv tapings; will continue to air now through DBD.

I have to imagine there will be a lot of contracts up at the end of 2021. I wonder how ROH will adjust their roster going into 2022. Will they keep the international talent?? Will like lose Rush/Dragon Lee? WIll they lose any of their veterans like Lethal/Briscoes. Do Bennett & EC3 stick around?? Then there are a handful of ex-wwe/nxt guys that could come in. The roster could look quite different i'd imagine. It's too bad ROH couldn't lock up Wheeler Yuta and Lee Moriarty; earlier in the year. Seems like they would have fit the mold perfectly. If they do lose any major talent; hopefully their is enough time/shows to close out any storylines/ with a proper send-off.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Liking the 6-man tag division... thinking this is a good way to develop talent & keep factions busy. Especially if the (future) champions use the 'freebirds rules' of interchangeable participants. STP is doing great & showing the potential of the division as a draw for ROH.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
DougN

Post by DougN »

Montana wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:56 pmI have to imagine there will be a lot of contracts up at the end of 2021. I wonder how ROH will adjust their roster going into 2022. Will they keep the international talent?? Will like lose Rush/Dragon Lee? WIll they lose any of their veterans like Lethal/Briscoes. Do Bennett & EC3 stick around?? Then there are a handful of ex-wwe/nxt guys that could come in. The roster could look quite different i'd imagine. It's too bad ROH couldn't lock up Wheeler Yuta and Lee Moriarty; earlier in the year. Seems like they would have fit the mold perfectly. If they do lose any major talent; hopefully their is enough time/shows to close out any storylines/ with a proper send-off.
That's interesting. I could see a lot of ROH talent wanting to sign with maybe Impact so there's the OPTION of going to AEW, but who knows how long the AEW open door thing is going to be for. Once Christian drops the belt and they fade Good Brothers out, there's not really much tethering Impact to AEW.

I think there's a lot of people ROH CAN afford to lose. Honestly, they could afford to lose Rush. Problem is, Dragon Lee goes too. They could afford to lose EC3 for sure. Bennett probably.

The bigger question is who CAN'T they afford to list. I think the list is small, but here's what I would put it at:

- Brody King
- Jonathan Gresham
- Bandido
- Shane Taylor
- Tony Deppen
- Tracy Williams
- Josh Woods

I think that's it. There's a lot of OTHER great guys, but if they left, I think ROH would recover or stay at the same level.

They need new faces though desperately.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

NJURY UPDATES ON JONATHAN GRESHAM, FLIP GORDON AND RUSH

ROH Pure Champion Jonathan Gresham, Flip Gordon and RUSH suffered injuries at Glory By Honor Night 2 in Philadelphia on Saturday.

Gresham suffered a fractured cheekbone and eye socket during the eight-man tag match between The Foundation and Violence Unlimited. He is expected to return at the Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view on Sept. 12 in Philadelphia to defend his title against Josh Woods.

Flip Gordon is experiencing memory loss after being on the receiving end of a Jay Driller on a chair by Mark Briscoe. A further update on his condition is expected soon.

RUSH suffered a knee injury during the tag match that pitted him and Dragon Lee against Bandido and Rey Horus. The exact nature of the injury is unknown and his recovery time is to be determined.

RUSH and fellow La Faccion Ingobernable members Lee and Kenny King are scheduled to challenge ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Champions Shane Taylor Promotions at Death Before Dishonor.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

The spot Flip got hurt on (appeared to be on the Jay driller) didn't look good.
DougN

Post by DougN »

Technical geniuses and eye socket injuries. Name a more iconic duo.
I've got over 400 ROH DVDs for sale from 2002 to 2018! Let me know if you are looking for any! Can ship anywhere in the world.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

DougN wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:41 am Technical geniuses and eye socket injuries. Name a more iconic duo.
Hoss fight & broken hand.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

DougN wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:41 am Technical geniuses and eye socket injuries. Name a more iconic duo.
Famous sets of wrestling siblings and DUIs?
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Sucks about the injuries. i hope they recover soon.

ROH needs to start building up Homicide and Dickinson as tag champs. Im sure Tracey and Lethal will be facing them soon though.
DougN

Post by DougN »

famicommander wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:56 pm
Famous sets of wrestling siblings and DUIs?
True. It's too many to count by now.