Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

famicommander wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:23 amNone.
something going on between the tweet on wwe releases and now asking about the forbidden door
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

:lol: :lol: that roh tuits, interesting i guess.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:39 am
something going on between the tweet on wwe releases and now asking about the forbidden door
I pretty much guarantee that only the most delusional of fan would suggest ROH working with WWE. WWE doesn’t need to or nor will they. When you’re a dominant #1 you don’t give the shine to the ones below you.

Famico of course put none, he wouldn’t want the ROH Title “devalued” by anyone else lol
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:27 pm
I pretty much guarantee that only the most delusional of fan would suggest ROH working with WWE. WWE doesn’t need to or nor will they. When you’re a dominant #1 you don’t give the shine to the ones below you.

Famico of course put none, he wouldn’t want the ROH Title “devalued” by anyone else lol
What other promotion would willingly sign up for what Impact signed up for, knowing it has cost them 30-40% of their TV audience and half their social media audience in less than a year?

What about the NJPW-ROH relationship? We saw how that went for eight solid years. It was closer to 50/50 than anything else in wrestling and most ROH fans still felt, especially during Cody's title reign, that NJPW went over far too often when it mattered.

Working agreements are always better in a fan's head than they turn out to be in reality. Always.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Who said ROH and WWE working together??? We need to put them in an insane asylum.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:54 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:39 am something going on between the tweet on wwe releases and now asking about the forbidden door

Who said ROH and WWE working together??? We need to put them in an insane asylum.
Maybe I thought that’s what he was referring to since ROH directly mentioned WWE and know they’re talking about the “forbidden door”. However, anything ROH does aside from working with WWE, is just little brother trying to copy his older siblings. All the other “popular brands” are working together so now ROH is trying to “copy” them. “We wanna play too!”
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:51 pm
Shanahan wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:54 pm

Maybe I thought that’s what he was referring to since ROH directly mentioned WWE and know they’re talking about the “forbidden door”. However, anything ROH does aside from working with WWE, is just little brother trying to copy his older siblings. All the other “popular brands” are working together so now ROH is trying to “copy” them. “We wanna play too!”
You would be correct if they hadn't been working with cmll/njpw for almost a decade. They have already used people who wrestle for NJPW or Impact this year. I don't see what's the big deal...let mandy have her fun.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

It’s more than easy enough to make any working agreement with any other promotion out there exciting. If ROH can add some star power or general quality numbers to their roster it could deliver something really intriguing with AEW, it just shouldn’t be handled in anywhere near how they have handled their time with Impact.

To me what it should do is create an environment where talent from every single promotion has the confidence, the permission and desire to work in every promotion and succeed.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I hope who ever roh brings in signs with the company because I don't like these talents coming in without a contract given it's playing with fire with aew around or wwe
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

BurningHammer wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:22 am It’s more than easy enough to make any working agreement with any other promotion out there exciting. If ROH can add some star power or general quality numbers to their roster it could deliver something really intriguing with AEW, it just shouldn’t be handled in anywhere near how they have handled their time with Impact.

To me what it should do is create an environment where talent from every single promotion has the confidence, the permission and desire to work in every promotion and succeed.
There's no incentive for AEW to mess around with a promotion like Impact or ROH. AEW has everything those promotions can offer them already, in greater abundance. That's why Impact and AAA get shit on and that's exactly what would happen to ROH if they tried to associate with AEW.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:56 pm I hope who ever roh brings in signs with the company because I don't like these talents coming in without a contract given it's playing with fire with aew around or wwe
Agreed
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Meltzer reporting that AEW vetoed AAA trying to put their title on Andrade last night.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

famicommander wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:23 pm Meltzer reporting that AEW vetoed AAA trying to put their title on Andrade last night.
So an AEW guy couldn't even win it...wait..it was in AAA, so AEW couldn't capitalize on it. Makes perfect sense for Tony. The Ego grows.
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

The whole forbidden door alliance is problematic. Juggling agendas.
The only alliance that ROH needs is New Japan. I'm biased, I need to see a Suzuki-Gun invasion ... even though logistics make that near impossible. Another possible alliance might be with azteca underground via Masked Republic contracted talent.
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

PWG Threemendous VI matches with roh talent.

Evil Uno vs. Tony Deppen

Dragon Lee & Laredo Kid vs. Aramis & Rey Horus

Alex Shelley vs. Jonathan Gresham

Black Taurus & Demonic Flamita vs. Brody King & Malakai Black

PWG World Title Match
Bandido (c) vs. Davey Richards
Montana

Post by Montana »

Obviously WWE & ROH are on way different paths; but in theory the two could co-mingle without greatly affecting the other; IF WWE wanted it to work. The WWE and Evolve relationship is exactly why you don't want to work with wwe. Maybe if WWE was desperate for a shot in the arm; ROH could provide a short term jolt; similar to ECW and WWF back in the day. Realistically though, it would probably be bad for both. Seems like WWE is leaning towards pushing bigger, larger than life, superstars. So, ROH wouldn't be able to help with that.

Or maybe ROH joins this super alliance with AEW/AAA/NewJapan/Impact. I can see the good and bad with this approach. Obviously prefer for ROH to be showcased more like New Japan, and less like Impact.

Or maybe they stick to being solo. Continue to rebuild, focusing on showcasing stars like Bandido, Brody King, and Jonathan Gresham.

Either way, it should be beneficial to ROH to make any deals/talent sharing to work.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:58 am PWG Threemendous VI matches with roh talent.

Evil Uno vs. Tony Deppen

Dragon Lee & Laredo Kid vs. Aramis & Rey Horus

Alex Shelley vs. Jonathan Gresham

Black Taurus & Demonic Flamita vs. Brody King & Malakai Black

PWG World Title Match
Bandido (c) vs. Davey Richards
Speaking of Forbidden Door...I would love to see the MCMG back in ROH for a fued with Briscoes leading up to FB.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

ok

AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

#AEWDyanmite that will get the people talking......
Captain Podcast
tigermask7.0

Post by tigermask7.0 »

Minoru Suzuki is in America for #njpwSTRONG this autumn.
Minoru Suzuki competing in ROH pure division this autumn???
It's not easy being the Greatest 7th generation wrestler Of All Time!