Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Lynx

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Lynx »

For me bigger problem is not that Briscoes will be fighting in the farm, but that they are still feuding with each other. It is obviously not easy to do new things with them since they have done it all, but it doesn't mean that RoH shouldn't be trying.
Captain_44

Post by Captain_44 »

I think it is probably time to have them against one another and have them do singles stuff. They've done everything possible in tag teams. It's time IMO, probably past time.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

KL_ wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:15 am I was thinking that we don't see PCO in the ring very often recently. So i checked it:
In 2021 he had 3 matches: 4 vs 4 tag team match, a singles match against Brian Johnson and 12 Man Rankings Battle Royal.

I'm no saying that I miss him in action. Just looking how uncomfortable it is for some wrestlers in ROH right now. I hope that Best in the World with a crowd is a first step of going back to some live events, which will be good for building some storylines.
Well we already know they're going back to the ECW Arena for two nights in August. No reason to think they'd slow down from there.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

During the interview, Ripley also provided a quick update on Ring of Honor. The Sinclair-owned wrestling promotion completely shut down last year, unlike its bigger rival World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). Ripley said Ring of Honor is running live events again and "things are going great."

With most sporting venues returning to full capacity, I asked Ripley if Ring of Honor would look to do an event again at New York's Madison Square Garden. Ring of Honor ran its first show at the historic venue, also considered WWE's home turf, in 2019. Ripley was non-committal in his response.

"I think in the not-too-distant future most sporting events will be at or near capacity," Ripley said. "We’ll have to see with Ring of Honor whether that size event makes sense. But just generally in sports we’re seeing really robust demand and return for near-full facilities."
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

No way they're ready to go back to MSG again without a major WWE event in town that weekend.

If they sell out Hammerstein next time they're in New York that would be fantastic. A realistic, attainable goal but not a guarantee.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Lynx wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:10 am For me bigger problem is not that Briscoes will be fighting in the farm, but that they are still feuding with each other. It is obviously not easy to do new things with them since they have done it all, but it doesn't mean that RoH shouldn't be trying.
If I had a bell I'd ring it and declare you the winner.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

famicommander wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:14 pm No way they're ready to go back to MSG again without a major WWE event in town that weekend.

If they sell out Hammerstein next time they're in New York that would be fantastic. A realistic, attainable goal but not a guarantee.
They weren't even running Hammerstein last time pre-pandemic because of costs. Even though demand for tickets is up, will the expense of running there at a loss be worth it?
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:20 pm
famicommander wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:14 pm No way they're ready to go back to MSG again without a major WWE event in town that weekend.

They weren't even running Hammerstein last time pre-pandemic because of costs. Even though demand for tickets is up, will the expense of running there at a loss be worth it?
Who knows. I think the issue is that Terminal 5 and Melrose Ballroom are definitely too small and Hulu Theater is definitely too big, so they really need to make Hammerstein work.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

According to Maria today Alex gracia will get another match to prove herself
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

For Honor Club members only, if you buy a ticket for night 1 of Glory By Honor you get night 2 for free.

Tickets go on sale Friday, June 25 for Honor Club members and July 2 for the general public.
AnHonorableMention

famicommander wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:30 pm

Who knows. I think the issue is that Terminal 5 and Melrose Ballroom are definitely too small and Hulu Theater is definitely too big, so they really need to make Hammerstein work.
I'd see about using the Grand Ballroom. It's the got the historical factor combined with significant cost benefits. I assume SBG wants to stay away from union buildings which puts the hit out on Terminal 5 and anything in the Hammerstein.
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I think at least for the return they should run Hammerstein. The venue is important to the history of pro wrestling in general and ROH in specific in New York. Definitely they need to figure something out for the long term but they need to do it right when they run their first show back in NYC.
AnHonorableMention

famicommander wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:23 pm I think at least for the return they should run Hammerstein. The venue is important to the history of pro wrestling in general and ROH in specific in New York. Definitely they need to figure something out for the long term but they need to do it right when they run their first show back in NYC.
I'd almost wait to build something until February next year. Hit your cheaper standard SBG markets and then do a couple of them to start the year in January, plus TV, February should be a big month, NYC, maybe even a double shot in there in two markets.
Captain Podcast
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:54 pm

I'd see about using the Grand Ballroom. It's the got the historical factor combined with significant cost benefits. I assume SBG wants to stay away from union buildings which puts the hit out on Terminal 5 and anything in the Hammerstein.
For whatever it is worth, Terminal 5 was scheduled but not yet announced pre-pandemic. It was to take place in late May or early June if I remember correctly.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

IanRiccaboni wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:26 am
For whatever it is worth, Terminal 5 was scheduled but not yet announced pre-pandemic. It was to take place in late May or early June if I remember correctly.
Nobody is ever happy when Terminal 5 is announced. Very poor sightlines and low capacity. Hopefully you guys never have to go back there.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

famicommander wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:00 am

Nobody is ever happy when Terminal 5 is announced. Very poor sightlines and low capacity. Hopefully you guys never have to go back there.
How many times have you been?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:33 am

Zero. But I've been here and elsewhere every time a Terminal 5 show is announced and the first thing everybody says is you can't see the ring from the upper levels.
AnHonorableMention

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:33 am

I have been to Terminal 5, I believe 4 times(this might be off by 1 in either direction), it's by far from the worst building ROH runs (Columbus), but it's not great even on the floor. Finding a building in NYC is hard, harder than almost every other market. So the fact they can even find one is a victory. But yeah, Grand Ballroom, Hammerstein, the New Yorker, were all way easier to watch the show if you weren't up front.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

2020, what could have been. Fortunately now, most of us are healthy, vaxxed, and ready to move forward onward and upward!
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

20th anniversary is coming up sooner than later. They could build to a big event at Hammerstein.

Although they may just run that in their new hometown of Baltimore. I figure it's gotta be in New York, Baltimore ,or Philly.

I also wouldn't mind them running some "A" shows in their "B" markets. You got Ohio, Detroit, Boston, New Jersey. Like Detroit has had like 4-5 War of the Worlds events, but never a final Battle or Anniversary show.