Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
TYFDK

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by TYFDK »

Lynx wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:49 am SOTF ends before Best in the World?

It also looks like they are doing some Flip/EC3 feud, but maybe that wraps before PPV and it gives Flip "big win" before title challenge.
The winner faces RUSH at BITW so yes.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Dragon lee back in two weeks.
Montana

Post by Montana »

TYFDK wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:43 am

It also looks like they are doing some Flip/EC3 feud, but maybe that wraps before PPV and it gives Flip "big win" before title challenge.
Where did you see that... this was from the ECk files:

The winners of the six bouts will meet in an elimination match to determine the overall winner, who will be rewarded with a future shot at the ROH World Championship.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Montana wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:17 am
TYFDK wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:43 am

Where did you see that... this was from the ECk files:

The winners of the six bouts will meet in an elimination match to determine the overall winner, who will be rewarded with a future shot at the ROH World Championship.
Just a guess. Where else would they get a title shot?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I see Chris Dickinson getting the shot
Montana

Post by Montana »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:19 pm I see Chris Dickinson getting the shot
??? Getting a world title shot at BITW??? Where did you see this?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Montana wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:06 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:19 pm I see Chris Dickinson getting the shot
??? Getting a world title shot at BITW??? Where did you see this?
It's my opinion given how their already booking him and storyline wise it would kinda make sense
Montana

Post by Montana »

Ahh, i see what you mean.

That would be a hell of a push; and ROH isn't exactly known for big pushes from a new wrestler that isn't a big name star. Think you can make a case for any of the top guys.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Im really hoping roh doesn't end up with another ex wwe writer in matt mccarthy who will be on the roh podcast with danhausen talking his roh fandom
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Tracy Williams is injured, but no clue on how long

https://twitter.com/sauce_williams/stat ... 15014?s=21
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

fuck!!! speed recovery for hot sauce.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

On this week episode Ian mentioned specifically going back to Philly while talking about fans being back at best in the world
Mavsfan41

Post by Mavsfan41 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:15 am Im really hoping roh doesn't end up with another ex wwe writer in matt mccarthy who will be on the roh podcast with danhausen talking his roh fandom
So may I ask what you have against ex WWE writers? You’re the one who’s always putting over Maria as being some creative genius, and talking like she should book the entire company. Well where do you think she came from originally (as far as wrestling goes)?

This seems like a really odd sword to die on. Then again you’re also suggesting a Best In The World main event that would draw exactly zero eyeballs to the product.

To tie this all up I’ll say the main event ends up being Rush vs Bandido or Flip. Either one of those is a better matchup, and a title switch feels more likely that way too.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I could have been seeing things… but I could have sworn I saw Joe Keys at AEW in their crowd of wrestlers… along with who I think was Wilow. (I could be wrong, as I am too lazy atm to go back and check) No real opinion on it, just thought it was interesting. I assume neither is locked down to ROH. I assume ROH would not want their contracted talent being extras for The Dynamite crowd.

Has anyone else seen them or others at AEW Dynamite before?
Montana

Post by Montana »

Montana wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:01 am I could have been seeing things… but I could have sworn I saw Joe Keys at AEW in their crowd of wrestlers… along with who I think was Wilow. (I could be wrong, as I am too lazy atm to go back and check) No real opinion on it, just thought it was interesting. I assume neither is locked down to ROH. I assume ROH would not want their contracted talent being extras for The Dynamite crowd.

Was bugging me; so i went back and looked, it's for sure Joe Keys, and 95% sure it's Willow. They are shown during the Jungle Boy entrance from the 6-4 Dynamite. Can't blame them, if they aren't under contract.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Montana wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:18 am
Montana wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:01 am I could have been seeing things… but I could have sworn I saw Joe Keys at AEW in their crowd of wrestlers… along with who I think was Wilow. (I could be wrong, as I am too lazy atm to go back and check) No real opinion on it, just thought it was interesting. I assume neither is locked down to ROH. I assume ROH would not want their contracted talent being extras for The Dynamite crowd.

Was bugging me; so i went back and looked, it's for sure Joe Keys, and 95% sure it's Willow. They are shown during the Jungle Boy entrance from the 6-4 Dynamite. Can't blame them, if they aren't under contract.
Okay, but he was just on the ROH podcast. So even if he’s under no contract, he still shouldn’t put himself in that situation. Wear a luchador mask and not have people “expose” you online.

When Paige and Alberto were together, Paige was in the Impact crowd “allegedly” with a mask on. It’s just common sense. Unless he doesn’t give a fuck.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:43 am
Montana wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:18 am

Okay, but he was just on the ROH podcast. So even if he’s under no contract, he still shouldn’t put himself in that situation. Wear a luchador mask and not have people “expose” you online.

When Paige and Alberto were together, Paige was in the Impact crowd “allegedly” with a mask on. It’s just common sense. Unless he doesn’t give a fuck.
I think Keys mentioned being there on the podcast.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Who knows… I think he’s been in the dojo a while, and maybe a development deal for a while…. But I assume it’s not against his deal or he’s in between a development and full time main roster contract.

I assume willow was in the aew crowd a while before her ROH debut and probably a per appearance deal at the moment.

Could be a handful of different scenarios, to include ROh and AEW are on better terms or ROH just doesn’t care.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:43 am Could eventually happen https://mobile.twitter.com/Laviemarg/st ... 9709152256.
This is what I figured would eventually happen with Best on the Planet but I thought it would be pushed out to other digital platforms first (Pluto, Twitch, Xumo, Roku Channel, Sling, Fubo, etc).