Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by famicommander »

Sounds like he will be okay. Rough stuff, though. This is one instance where the bubble will pay off, though. He has several weeks if not months to recover before ROH will tape again.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

You gotta take care of yourself. We ain't young no more. Something don't feel right...get to the doctor.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

They are showing this weekend show on their best in the planet channel
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

We are getting the briscoes vs ec3 and for flip gordon and bruiser and ken dixon vs taven and bennett in the coming weeks
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Somebody fill me in on something I probably missed....why isn't there a DVD release of Final Battle 2020 yet?
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Ie Vincent getting repackaged ?
Montana

Post by Montana »

GardenStateSaint wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:55 pm Somebody fill me in on something I probably missed....why isn't there a DVD release of Final Battle 2020 yet?
Good question... the only new merch lately seems to be T-shirts and memorabilia. My guess is that it's still coming; along with maybe the Pure Tournament or some new Best of sets. It's really anyone's guess though. They did remodel the ROH Shop. I think ROH has been kicking the idea of stopping DVDs for a whlie... but when COVID hit; they ended up releasing a bunch more. Even 2019 they were scaling back and had 4 "best of DVDs" with like top matches from select shows...and they also released a 10 disc best of 2019 shows set post COVID starting. Then in 2020 they didn't release any DVDs for a while, Then dropped all 5 from the beginning of the year towards the end of the year. Maybe with DVD production, they are better off with printing and releasing multiple DVDs at once.

Noticed AEW dropped 5 DVDs at once about 9-12months ago; and the last DVD (Double or nothing 2020) is about a year old now. Just a heads up, the AEW DVD quality is very poor. Not sure if it was a scaling thing, or the type of cameras they used; but the DVDs are blurry like it was filmed in the 80s.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Homicide on the roh podcast said he wants to make roh bigger and he wants closure is performer before becoming a backstage guy so it seems he will also be working backstage in roh is well this is what the company needs roh vets like homicide or chris hero even samoa joe that understands the company to help with backstage things
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:01 am Homicide on the roh podcast said he wants to make roh bigger and he wants closure is performer before becoming a backstage guy so it seems he will also be working backstage in roh is well this is what the company needs roh vets like homicide or chris hero even samoa joe that understands the company to help with backstage things
I had never really thought of him in a backstage role but after hearing so many stories about him as a trainer and general mentor I would think it’s a great idea. Things have obviously changed a lot for both sides as the last time Homicide left it sounded like there were a lot of grievances, especially if you have heard Kingston speak of it. It’s great to here how he has matured and I hope ROH can long be a home for Homicide.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Former WWE Champion CM Punk might have interest in taking over as Creative Director for a wrestling promotion.

During a Twitter Q&A session on Thursday, Punk was asked if he’d take the offer if a wrestling promotion offered him a prominent backstage position.

In his response, Punk wrote: “I’d listen.”
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

If Punk started booking for ROH, that would be insane
Montana

Post by Montana »

Yes! Yes! Yes! ....

If SBG really wanted to make a move... You got Samoa Joe as a Free Agent; You got CM Punk looking for a Booking gig ; You got Bryan Danielson contract ending soon. ROH"s 20th anniversary coming up, with the perfect time for Punk vs Joe 4 (Legends match- one off)...hell do it at MSG.

Bring these guys back and really shape the product/programing. CM Punk can be creative; Danielson can be GM/wrestler; Somoa Joe could be a faction lead/commentator/wrestler. Then have these guys put over today's star wrestlers. Make sure you don't forget to sign Andrade as well. Chris Hero too.

Put some live content out Nation- wide. ROH missed it's window of opportunity last go around with the Elite and WGN. I gotta think; EVEN if you only land one of these guys; could lead to some positive momentum. But, SBG/ Joe Koff gotta be aggressive.

(even if CM Punk can't book; even though i think he can, since he writes a bit.... it's still something fresh; and you can have CM Punk; ROH legend on your programming)
Montana

Post by Montana »

From 411mania:

It was reported earlier this week, CMLL ended its partnership with Ring of Honor, which had been going since 2016. According to the latest the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, this was due to ROH wrestlers working the debut show for Federacion Wrestling in Mexico this June. This includes Rush, Dragon Lee, Bandido, Matt Taven, Bestia del Ring, Rey Horus and Kenny King. However, it’s believed that ROH wasn’t involved in the booking, but that Rush convinced them to appear.

There are rumors that ROH officials found out about the end of their partnership with CMLL by reading it on social media but were “caught off guard.” However, ROH boss Joe Koff said this wasn’t the case and they spoke about it ahead of time.

Federacion Wrestling is the new company that Rush created. The debut show will also feature Penta El Zero M and Rey Fenix, as well as Andrade El Idolo. They will hold a press conference today with more information.

It was also noted that Diamante Azul, the Mexican national heavyweight champion for CMLL, could also be part of hte show. Azul is a friend of Rush and recently removed mentions of CMLL from his Instagram. He listed himself as an independent wrestler, then later deleted the word “independent.” Federacion is hoping to sign talent from CMLL and AAA, offering more money but wanting the talent to be exclusive to them. Azul has also said he will appear for CMLL today in Guadalajara. His name is a CMLL name, but it was trademarked by Paco Alonso, not CMLL. Sofia Alonso now owns the name and since she is out of power in the company, will allow Azul to use it. Meanwhile, Mexican national titles are recognized national titles and are not supposed to be limited to one company. This means that Azul could defend it in other companies.

CMLL talent have been contacted and offered more money than previously available for Mexican wrestlers working in their country. Some of the talent was offered $7,000 per show and one offered $10,000. Talent have been told they will be doing monthly shows.

CMLL reportedly contacted ROH and told them to block their talent from appearing for Federacion, but ROH couldn’t do that legally since their talent can only be stopped from working for companies that run in the US and Ontario. CMLL was particularly upset about Taven, who they viewed as a huge star, working wit ha new promoter. This all resulted in the company ending its partnership with ROH. CMLL also increased the pay from its key talent that had been thinking about leaving.
More Trending Stories
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

According to roh site Lenny Leonard returning to roh
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Former ROH commentator Lenny Leonard was my guest on the latest episode of “The ROHStrong Podcast,” which drops Monday on ROHWrestling.com and most podcast platforms.

Leonard revealed details about his imminent return to the company. He also talked about how he broke into pro wrestling as a ring announcer and his time in ROH, including some of his favorite matches and moments, working with Gabe Sapolsky and Dave Prazak, his role in the film “The Wrestler” and much more.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

What will Lenny be doing exactly? I love the guy but I don't want the regular commentary team interrupted.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Very happy for Lenny, regardless of his position he is a very welcome and quality addition to ROH.

I do wonder if he will have a specific commentary role say for the women’s division because Ian and Caprice will have a massive work load and you don’t to burn them out.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

With it seems like roh is open to bringing back talent from the past like homicide chris hero lenny leonard you have to wonder if they will make a play for samoa joe and a pipe dream cm punk
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Did lenny leonard work backstage in wrestling other than being at the announce table
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

famicommander wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:01 am What will Lenny be doing exactly? I love the guy but I don't want the regular commentary team interrupted.
They have started adding in week by week exclusive matches along with women’s Wednesday matches, and I think most people think they should be expanding their programming, so having an additional announcer in rotation is a good thing. There have been some times already in the bubble block programming that the (great) announce team is already starting to sound a little burnt out. Not anywhere near back in the day where it sounded like they recorded a half dozen dvds in a weekend back-to-back or anything, but having Lenny is a positive in my book.