Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
KL_

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by KL_ »

If I'm correct, we're yet to see Sledge in the ring.... which will happen next Tuesday on Week by Week Youtube episode. On recent Week by Week you can watch his promo.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Deleted
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

The O’Shea Edwards promo is close to being my favourite of the set of these segments, it had so much good. especially the backing music, it was ROH’s best attempt at creating a very natural vibe for the charachter that doesn’t feel very Sinclair kudos to who put it all together.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

After seeing O’Shea Edwards promo i rather see him than having moose back
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:40 am After seeing O’Shea Edwards promo i rather see him than having moose back
More than happy to see ROH dedicate the same amount of time developing O’Shea that they did with Moose in ROH.
Captain_44

Post by Captain_44 »

I've known O'Shea for years personally. This dude will be something to watch. He'll be a strong member of the ROH roster.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:40 am After seeing O’Shea Edwards promo i rather see him than having moose back
I'm looking forward to his debut in ROH; and seems like he can be a major player right off the bat. He might not be young; but seems like somebody that has "it" that could work for ROH.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Also happy to see that ROH is looking adapting the likes of Cheeseburger to create a more serious representation of the wrestlers themselves. Guys like Sledge I still have a problem with as I’m sure many people created him on some version of a WWE game but it’s at least a start.

The Bouncers as heels or at least a Bruiser is a change up I can handle and if he just starts smacking people about with Beer bottles I can get behind him as it will mask a lot of flaws. Regardless of my feelings about them as wrestlers, Malonis deserves huge credit for addressing him weight issue, just for his own health I hope he comes out of this much better in every single way.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I really don't think Bruiser has too many flaws. I'm glad he's not doing the "I ain't got no teeth" cringey look at the camera anymore but other than that I think he's about as good as someone with his body type can be. He's technically sound, he sells well, his power moves look impressive, he's pretty mobile for a big dude. Milonas is definitely the weaker worker of the two in pretty much every facet.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

I loved Johnson/Danhausen. I legit laughed 5 times. It did its job.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I thought it was sloppier than their Final Battle match.
Montana

Post by Montana »

It was a entertaining match. Nice to see some old school Heel spots. Little sloppy in some areas, but overall entertaining.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Now there were a few months into the roh start how would you grade what roh is doing is far is the tv product and the company is a whole
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Kenta jumped moxley on dynamite
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

roh next?
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Working Agreement now confirmed.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

If aew njpw and impact have a partnership it will be harder than ever for roh to get buzz
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:58 pm Now there were a few months into the roh start how would you grade what roh is doing is far is the tv product and the company is a whole
If it wasn’t for the four weeks post Final Battle I would have say A-A+ but as it did happen I’ll go with a B-, ROH overall has done a better job in the last 4 months than probably the last 4 years at getting its entire roster over to an audience with the right amount of time placement and attitude for most if not all. A perfect example is Johnson vs Danhausen on YouTube keep him there let him progress work out his Indy kinks, allow him to grow literally and figuratively and you could have a very all round worker.

Having stronger names like EC3 on board permanently will be a key else they will get a little bit lost in the shuffle in keeping relevant but do that with slow of the newer guys getting reps and hopefully improving quickly you will have a very good ROH again.

There is obviously a very long term outlook for ROH which is a risk considering how quick wrestling generally moves but I think it’s the right approach for ROH to make as long as it keeps making the necessary steps in each person, feud confrontation etc. I’ll be very interested to see ROH is and how we will about the roster as a whole.

To end ROH from a consistent point of view is probably producing the best promo work and close to in ring work across wrestling TV right.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Shanahan wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:18 pm Working Agreement now confirmed.
It was always happening and good for everyone involved but honestly I just don’t feel this hype, maybe it’s my age, I’ve seen this shit so many times before, plus I genuinely think Moxely is pretty awful in ring. I just can’t feel this real excitement and it would be the same with him and ROH too.

I look at a lot of the Japanese promotions right now and overall I would have to say more of Noah’s talents interest me more than NJPW.

Personally I would rather ROH look to sign people than have more inter promotional feuds, how many times did it cover over the cracks that had formed over the years. AEW’s development is strong enough to carry itself on after it breaks away again.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

ROH should continue to focus on ROH. Keep investing time and resources into their own talent, not everybody else's.