Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Shanahan

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Shanahan »

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

that was cool.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

monster mafia wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:05 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:46 pm
monster mafia wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:21 am nxt is wack.
No argument there. Bad show.
i dont care what you think, see ya.
Ok???? Then you probably shouldn't comment on what I have to say. Isn't that how this works?
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

Merry Christmas!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

RIP Brodie Lee

Obviously his time in ROH was pretty limited (you'd be forgiven for forgetting his short run as Jimmy Jacobs' Necro replacement in AotF) , but I've enjoyed him pretty much where ever he was working, and by most accounts he was a great guy behind the scenes. Leaves a wife and two kids behind, only 41. Just sucks.
Last edited by maxx_powerz on Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

maxx_powerz wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:56 pm RIP Brodie Lee

Obviously his time in ROH was pretty limited (you'd be forgiven for forgetting his short run as Jimmy Jacobs' Necro replacement in AotF) , but I've enjoyed him pretty much where ever he was working, and by most accounts he was a great guy behind the scenes. Leaves a wife and two kids behind, only 41. Just sucks.
300+ indie or developmental territory matches from 2004-2012
12 ROH matches from 2008-2009
36 Dragon Gate matches from 2010-2011
779 WWE matches from 2012-2019
14 AEW matches in 2020

Thanks for the memories.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

https://twitter.com/luchamemes/status/1 ... 35936?s=21

Here’s the card for a Lucha libre vs. pure wrestling show from Lucha Memes. Jonathan Gresham is wrestling Aramis, and other wrestlers who fought in ROH recently including Wheeler Yuta, Fred Yehi, Dante Caballero and Tony Deppen are on the show as well. Airing on IWTV, not sure if it’s live or not though.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

TYFDK wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:28 pm https://twitter.com/luchamemes/status/1 ... 35936?s=21

Here’s the card for a Lucha libre vs. pure wrestling show from Lucha Memes. Jonathan Gresham is wrestling Aramis, and other wrestlers who fought in ROH recently including Wheeler Yuta, Fred Yehi, Dante Caballero and Tony Deppen are on the show as well. Airing on IWTV, not sure if it’s live or not though.
January 22nd is the date for the show. I hope it's steamed live. I'm pretty excited for it.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Would fans be against sinclair buying impact making them co brands or merging them together
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Anthem bought Impact for the same purpose Sinclair bought ROH: cheap programming. It seems unlikely that Anthem would sell considering they bought a whole cable network recently.

If it were to happen though, screw the idea of separate brands. Unify all the belts and fold Impact into ROH.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

for this week episode its pandemic special episode with the matches that was taped in vegas and is far is impact i dont want impact to go away because i used to be a hardcore fan of impact but with the mistakes they had made for years and the current product on top of that impact fans can never and i mean never say anything good about roh or any product not impact is kinda ruined my passion for that company
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:28 am Would fans be against sinclair buying impact making them co brands or merging them together
Why would they do that? Impact isn’t AEW or another “hot” brand.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Because for the library and the irony
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:28 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:28 am Would fans be against sinclair buying impact making them co brands or merging them together
Why would they do that? Impact isn’t AEW or another “hot” brand.
I don't think it will happen but Impact does have a few advantages:
-much better international TV deals, especially India and the UK
-video library
-shared history of guys like Joe, Styles, Daniels, etc
-a ready made women's roster
-a few good male talents like Eddie Edwards
-Scott D'Amore as a trainer (look up the names he has trained)
-Don Callis as a heel manager/commentator
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

ROH still needs to learn how to run itself before it should even start thinking buying another one.

It will be interesting though to see what happens with Impact considering that quite a number of talents contracts are coming to an end that all have had a significant amount of professional investment.

Tre Miguel would be someone I would hope ROH has at least spoken with.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

TYFDK wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:28 pm https://twitter.com/luchamemes/status/1 ... 35936?s=21

Really looking forward to this, hopefully puts a lot of new eyes on Aramis and Arez
Montana

Post by Montana »

Maybe i'm out of the loop... but is there ANY talk of Impact selling? I haven't heard any; and IF there was, i would think AEW would be the more likely purchaser... and they would be a better company to purchase, imo. This could help jump start their streaming service. (I guess technically Kahn has his fake "paid info-mercials" on impact; but dont think Impact is selling)

That being said, I wouldn't be completely against SBG/ROH buying Impact; mostly for the library and HonorClub; but ROH needs to continue to build it's own infrastructure; and actually have a live TV product; quality streaming service. I don't use Impact Plus; but judging by the ROH website and the Impact website; Impact is would be much more modern. I'd like to see ROH invest more in these areas; before adding another company.

Agree with Famicommender on the advantages. Certainly some advantages to it; PLUS your buying out some of your competition; which should help ticket sales/viewership for ROH.
AnHonorableMention

Something has to be for sale before you can buy it. SMH.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

BurningHammer wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:33 pm
Tre Miguel would be someone I would hope ROH has at least spoken with.
Yeah that's a hard no. Dude has some skeletons in his closet that no company should touch.
Captain Podcast