Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BurningHammer

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by BurningHammer »

If Keith Lee needs to spend time in the performance centre RUSH is going to be there a long time. He lacks everything that Vince loves so if he does he won’t be a major star for a while.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Roderick Strong has been in "developmental" since 2016 and Nia Jax and Lana are on the main roster. WWE has no fucking clue what makes a good talent anymore.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

One possible change is to the divisions in the company, with one idea that before matches, there will be something to decide if they are going for the Pure, Television or World title. Obviously with Pure division matches, the pure rules will be in effect, as well as a time limit if a wrestler is competing in the TV title division. There will be no time limit for World title matches. So each division would have a different feel for matches to set them apart. It’s also likely that there would be rankings for each division.this comes from fightful
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:59 am One possible change is to the divisions in the company, with one idea that before matches, there will be something to decide if they are going for the Pure, Television or World title. Obviously with Pure division matches, the pure rules will be in effect, as well as a time limit if a wrestler is competing in the TV title division. There will be no time limit for World title matches. So each division would have a different feel for matches to set them apart. It’s also likely that there would be rankings for each division.this comes from fightful
I do like the idea of separate rules for each division. The tv title has sorely needed something to make it stand out as something other than any other mid-card title.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

famicommander wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:50 am Roderick Strong has been in "developmental" since 2016 and Nia Jax and Lana are on the main roster. WWE has no fucking clue what makes a good talent anymore.
Developmental and NXT are two completely different things.
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Not really. NXT is still presented as inferior to Raw and Smackdown. A farm system. Not even the status of WWECW. It's a way better product but when guys get "called up" from there you can't argue it's anything but developmental.
AnHonorableMention

famicommander wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:58 pm Not really. NXT is still presented as inferior to Raw and Smackdown. A farm system. Not even the status of WWECW. It's a way better product but when guys get "called up" from there you can't argue it's anything but developmental.
You cannot be more wrong. Developmental was the Florida house show loop. NXT is not developmental. End of discussion.
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:05 pm
famicommander wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:58 pm Not really. NXT is still presented as inferior to Raw and Smackdown. A farm system. Not even the status of WWECW. It's a way better product but when guys get "called up" from there you can't argue it's anything but developmental.
You cannot be more wrong. Developmental was the Florida house show loop. NXT is not developmental. End of discussion.
Then why are wrestlers "called up" to the main roster from NXT? Why is NXT treated as a lesser brand? Why do most talent go there before they debut on the main roster? Why isn't the NXT title considered on par with the Raw or Smackdown belts?
Montana

Post by Montana »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:59 am One possible change is to the divisions in the company, with one idea that before matches, there will be something to decide if they are going for the Pure, Television or World title. Obviously with Pure division matches, the pure rules will be in effect, as well as a time limit if a wrestler is competing in the TV title division. There will be no time limit for World title matches. So each division would have a different feel for matches to set them apart. It’s also likely that there would be rankings for each division.this comes from fightful
This doesn't really give a whole lots of details.... but seems like if they stick to Pure, Tag, TV, and World title; i doubt the rules would be that different; and could be slightly confusing. I kinda like this concept, if they have like a brawling / relaxed rules division. Not sure ROH would want yet another title/ and basically the equivalent to the hardcore title. Could be an interesting concept and have some unique rules.

As for NXT and it being a developmental.... I think it kinda depends how you look at it. Once HHH starting scooping up all the indy talent, for it to run on the WWE network.... it stopped feeling like a developmental. Which i think is a minor part of the problem with WWE now. Then because NXT had so many people, trained and un-trained; they basically came up with a "A" team and "B" team. Either way; they use all the talent as like a feeder system. Plus i know a few talents, even said they didn't want to get called up; and/or wanted to move to NXT. Either way you want to label it... it's got a live weekly TV show; so i consider the main NXT roster as just the third brand; and then all the talent; we don't see is basically developing/training.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Paul "Triple H" Levesque has created a team to oversee a new NXT show, which apparently would be an NXT minor leagues system.

Gabe Sapolsky is leading the team. Levesque has given him several agents and writers to help him get more comfortable with writing television. Levesque is a big believer in Sapolsky, and this is said to be a case of Levesque giving him the ball.

The idea is to create a show that was described to me as an "NXT for NXT".
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/ ... ow-678143/

They want to create a minor league system for NXT, or an "NXT for NXT" which implies that they do indeed consider NXT itself to be the minor league for Raw and Smackdown.

Raw and Smackdown = majors
NXT = AAA
NXT UK = AA
New NXT India and this new show = A
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

According to roh site they will announce something about the shows in january on sunday i wonder if they will announce a proper time and channel
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I bet it's the women's tournament announcement or Past vs Present finally happening.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

"Look for an announcement this Sunday across ROH’s platforms regarding shows in January. It’s something I’m certain fans are going to enjoy, but I can’t say more than that."
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

They should start doing monthly honor club only shows. Taping with no crowds lets you do 4 weeks of tv building up to the honorclub show and 2-4 weeks of tv showing the aftermath/building to the next show. I'd like a tag wars/womens tournament show and then you can have finals on tv the next week. Could even air the honor club special during the week. Drop it wed at 6pm-8pm or 10pm to midnight. Lets get creative. or maybe a Survivial of the Fittest on HC. Maybe get Haskins,Hendry,Slex,Brooks,Kellyanne to have matches in their hometown and air it as exclusive so they arent forgotten about. I'm bored waiting for FB to start..lol
AnHonorableMention

famicommander wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:29 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:05 pm
Then why are wrestlers "called up" to the main roster from NXT? Why is NXT treated as a lesser brand? Why do most talent go there before they debut on the main roster? Why isn't the NXT title considered on par with the Raw or Smackdown belts?
Eye of the beholder, ask HHH whether NXT is developmental. I just told you developmental is at the PC and the florida house show loop. Not NXT TV.
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

I could be wrong... but my guess is they will do all their tapings similar to Final Battle and TV tapings... for most of 2021. So we get a monthly honor club PPV; and fresh TV tapings.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Shane Taylor, Josh Woods, and Vinny Marseglia.

Those three guys have come a very, very long way since they got to ROH. I always believed in Shane but I admit I wanted ROH to give up on Woods and Vinny a long time ago. But last night all three guys delivered at Final Battle. They put in the work and ROH showed faith in them and they made it work.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

famicommander wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:51 am
Paul "Triple H" Levesque has created a team to oversee a new NXT show, which apparently would be an NXT minor leagues system.

Gabe Sapolsky is leading the team. Levesque has given him several agents and writers to help him get more comfortable with writing television. Levesque is a big believer in Sapolsky, and this is said to be a case of Levesque giving him the ball.

They want to create a minor league system for NXT, or an "NXT for NXT" which implies that they do indeed consider NXT itself to be the minor league for Raw and Smackdown.

NXT = AAA
NXT UK = AA
^No mention of 205 Live!?
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

GardenStateSaint wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:17 am

NXT = AAA
NXT UK = AA
Didn't they superglue that onto NXT recently?
AnHonorableMention

GardenStateSaint wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:17 am

NXT = AAA
NXT UK = AA
No it implies exactly what I told you earlier, they need a place for their non-NXT talents to work because you cannot tour.
Captain Podcast