Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Roh teased on their site a former pure champion was watching the pure finals
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

The Foundation faction is interesting IMO
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

It's a faction that LifeBlood truly promised, the depth and detail to it's build has been great and what, to me, I had hoped for from the original incarnation of the ideal behind it.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:44 am Roh teased on their site a former pure champion was watching the pure finals
I heard its John Walters
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

indyfan wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:58 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:44 am Roh teased on their site a former pure champion was watching the pure finals
I heard its John Walters
Reports of him planning a comeback recently, still looks in great shape. Was really looking forward to him v Haskins at the Past vs Present event. Admittedly not seen any of his work since his ROH run.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Thought this weeks episode was very good. Had some interesting stuff on it.

Trivia question.... When was the last time Ring of Honor had a cage match???
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Montana wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:45 am Thought this weeks episode was very good. Had some interesting stuff on it.

Trivia question.... When was the last time Ring of Honor had a cage match???
Lethal vs Taven in 2014 or 2015. outdoors show
Montana

Post by Montana »

Yep...2014.... Long time in between cage matches. I wonder why ROH hasn't done a cage match in 6 years. Perhaps we get one with the Taven and Vincent feud ...although could end up being a tag match.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

How did you enjoy this week show
Montana

Post by Montana »

I liked it... Jay Briscoe / EC3 kinda is what it is... I thought Lethal/LSG was very good; and thought that was close to a perfect match/ending. Taven/Bateman; i guess i was surprised; when really i shouldn't have been. The returning Pure wrestler was quite interesting. Very good show; but i'm probably biased as i feel like ROH is consistently "good". I've noticed they never really wow me lately; with stuff that's Great; especially on TV.... but i typically prefer the live events.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I hope MLW's next episode is good because their return last week was pretty disappointing.

ROH is the only halfway decent product going in the US right now. AEW is mostly broken promises, WWE is intolerable, Impact is wildly uneven.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Roh is a easy watch for me out of all the products out there
Montana

Post by Montana »

famicommander wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:27 pm I hope MLW's next episode is good because their return last week was pretty disappointing.

ROH is the only halfway decent product going in the US right now. AEW is mostly broken promises, WWE is intolerable, Impact is wildly uneven.
I started watching return MLW episode; and the hype package was kinda cool... but then the first half was kinda ehh. Wasn't sure if it was me; or the production in a empty gym. They've got some talent over there; and I've mainly liked them and ROH. Hopefully they right the ship; as i would hate for another promotion to go down.

I think with WWE/AEW/Impact you know what your getting. They try hard to entertain.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Montana wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:08 pm
famicommander wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:27 pm I hope MLW's next episode is good because their return last week was pretty disappointing.

I started watching return MLW episode; and the hype package was kinda cool... but then the first half was kinda ehh. Wasn't sure if it was me; or the production in a empty gym. They've got some talent over there; and I've mainly liked them and ROH. Hopefully they right the ship; as i would hate for another promotion to go down.

I think with WWE/AEW/Impact you know what your getting. They try hard to entertain.
AEW promised sports-style presentation and wins and losses mattering. NJPW USA/ROH style with a big budget presentation is what they sold us on. What we're getting is WWE with slightly less limited movesets.

I dunno what the hell garbage Impact is pulling with wedding storylines and "who shot JR" mysteries in 2020.

The Pillman vs Reed match on Fusion last week looked like it took place underwater. Completely slow motion. And because we know Pillman and Davey are looking to bounce, there was zero tension in either of the title matches.

I don't think MLW is in imminent danger or anything. Just a bad show coming out of a long break, understandable but still disappointing.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

WWE just put a belt on the freaking Gobbledy Gooker in 2020.

WWE is worse than WCW 2000 at this point.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I like a few things impact doing but it getting harder and harder to watch
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I wish ROH could just buy Impact's women's roster.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

The women division is the only thing saving that company right now
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I enjoy Impact but I watch it with different expectations than watching ROH. It's a different universe to me. Impact can get away with a lot more silly things like The Undead Realm and Who shot Jonny Bravo. I like that it stands out from other shows this way. I will admit over the past 3 months the shows have been up and down. Now is a little more on the down swing but they'll bounce back.

I watched the first MLW episode as well. As has been already said, the show and stories are promoted really well but the matches failed to deliver. Pillman is just meh. He still needs more work and couldn't keep up with Myron Reed. Fatu and Davey Boy Jr wasn't anything special either. I still haven't seen a Fatu match that I really liked. Davey Boy works better with guys he can mat wrestle with and that's not Fatu's strong suit. I hope they get the World title on Hammerstone sooner rather than later and end this Contra story.
Montana

Post by Montana »

It seems like impacts women’s division works because of their 2 hour tv taping format. ROH and their live event format, it was always challenging for the women’s division because you typically only had one match per show. It’s hard to establish a large relevant division with 1 hour of Tv a week, a couple live events a month. With impact highlighting women’s wrestling, more and more talent flock there. Makes sense, but now their men’s Division seems to lack. I’d rather see ROH back on the right track, before trying to establish a women’s division, but not sure that will Be the case.