Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
McXal
Donator
Donator

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by McXal »

supersonic wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:25 am An even crazier idea:

Kicking off lengthy, personal grudge feuds that will have peaks and valleys, including a clear beginning, middle, and climatic conclusion with emotionally satisfying closure for the arc and viewers. The arcs primally engage the audience, generate a fuck-ton of buzz, elevate the stock of its participants and the ROH brand, and stand head-and-shoulders above others when it's time to vote for Feud of the Year.

#Lapsed #ItUsedToBeBetter
Seconded.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Book Gresham vs Gage in NRBW match to end the Foundation vs Lawless group fued in 8 months at Supercard of Honor. Yes..i can dream.
sderiis

Post by sderiis »

So what do you suggest? To change the font on his shirt? I do not think it was done intentionally. Now, people use all possible tools to make the text stand out from the crowd. Possibly font changer app is to be blamed for it. I cannot even guess how many variants of fonts exist today. But it will be interesting to check the statistical data. I will revert shortly with my findings.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Has ROH said anything more about the second set of ROH Tapings in OCT? They've got this weekend's show and three more weeks before running out of footage. I assume they should be planning to tape either this weekend or next, if they haven't already yet. I wonder how their tapings will go. Will we see tag teams & other folks that weren't in the Pure tournament?
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

Montana wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:22 am Has ROH said anything more about the second set of ROH Tapings in OCT? They've got this weekend's show and three more weeks before running out of footage. I assume they should be planning to tape either this weekend or next, if they haven't already yet. I wonder how their tapings will go. Will we see tag teams & other folks that weren't in the Pure tournament?
Don't want to say too much but check my twitter feed for #ROHBubble shenanigans this week :)

Virus and health permitting, should be new content from here on out.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Great, Thanks for the update!! Should be an exciting next couple weeks!
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

The way fightful worded their report roh is or was interested in ben carter
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:27 pm The way fightful worded their report roh is or was interested in ben carter
If I remember correctly, Carter, Lee Moriarty and Tre Lemar were all going to work the Vegas shows, probably in dark matches.
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

kovs27 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:09 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:27 pm The way fightful worded their report roh is or was interested in ben carter
If I remember correctly, Carter, Lee Moriarty and Tre Lemar were all going to work the Vegas shows, probably in dark matches.
I think it was Columbus/Pittsburgh but I may be getting confused myself. Was excited to see them in action.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Ian are we getting a live final battle this year
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

IanRiccaboni wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:37 pm
kovs27 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:09 pm
I think it was Columbus/Pittsburgh but I may be getting confused myself. Was excited to see them in action.
I know they expected to work a show somewhere for ROH. It was just as Carter started working GCW shows, Moriarty and Lemar were soon to follow.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

ROH color analyst Caprice Coleman talks about calling the Pure Title tournament, Jim Cornette complimenting his announcing, being trained by the Hardys, Matt Hardy saving him from a dangerous case of mistaken identity, teaming with Cedric Alexander in ROH, living in Kuwait for three years, how being an ordained minister has affected his wrestling career, and much more.
https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/rohst ... ce-coleman

Just finished listening to this. Very interesing; not only about wrestling. I spur you to listen to it.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:17 pm Ian are we getting a live final battle this year
I don't think ROH knows yet.... but on week by week Quinn said a few weeks back they hoped the best of DBD will be their last "best of" PPV and that their next ppv would be live. Might come down to if they need to change the mats/ropes after every match.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

"Bandido had a meeting with CMLL people on Monday. He doesn't feel 100% yet. Said he had trouble breathing on Friday. Says he asked CMLL to postpone the match against Volador another 3 weeks".

maybe he rushed back too soon, hope he is ok.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Matt Taven is behind the trend videos? it's something
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

IanRiccaboni wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:15 am
Montana wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:22 am Has ROH said anything more about the second set of ROH Tapings in OCT? They've got this weekend's show and three more weeks before running out of footage. I assume they should be planning to tape either this weekend or next, if they haven't already yet. I wonder how their tapings will go. Will we see tag teams & other folks that weren't in the Pure tournament?
Don't want to say too much but check my twitter feed for #ROHBubble shenanigans this week :)

Virus and health permitting, should be new content from here on out.
Dig this for sure Ian
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Montana

Post by Montana »

cgstong wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:04 pm Matt Taven is behind the trend videos? it's something
Yeah... i was kind of surprised by this, but i guess it adds a layer to his new face persona. I kind liked Taven's face run thus face with him just being open/honest. Maybe he can get the "trending" thing to work; but i don't see that as more of a cocky thing ; instead of a natural babyface. But maybe i'm over thinking this. Glad to have Taven back; and looks like they said Taven vs. Vincent in a grudge match coming soon.

Hopefully Bandido is alright too. I've heard the after-effects from COVID can last a while. Hopefully he can lay low for a while.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

cgstong wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:04 pm Matt Taven is behind the trend videos? it's something
Yeah, this came off kind of weird.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Why is anyone surprised by their being baffling and silly booking considering who’s doing it again. We’ve been here plenty of times before.

Also judging by who is and who isn’t the bubble we are just doing to back to how ROH was for the last few years which hasn’t worked for I don’t know how long. Such a shame to see so much talent outside that would be perfect to help create a continuous sports based style to be shunned for guys like cheeseburger, the bouncers etc. How you can actually hit a home run like you have and the revert to type is beyond frustrating.