Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Montana »

150k for Taven seems realistic. I thought I heard he was closer to Marty though, which was odd bc Marty has a lot more responsibility now. I wanna say I heard he was getting like 2-3x top Nxt guys make too, which is where I estimated around 500k.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Montana wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:01 am 150k for Taven seems realistic. I thought I heard he was closer to Marty though, which was odd bc Marty has a lot more responsibility now. I wanna say I heard he was getting like 2-3x top Nxt guys make too, which is where I estimated around 500k.
I realise he’s an important member of the roster but I’d be surprised if he was close to Marty in pay. It might be the contract is worth more than others when you consider the amount of years involved. I think it will be to Flip where his contract is say five/seven years and adds up to a mil but yearly it comes to say 200,000 per year which they probably see as manageable. We also don’t know if there are further TV deals in play right now allowing for the increase of contracts.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Ec3 produced a video showing the roh logo
Montana

Post by Montana »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:42 am Ec3 produced a video showing the roh logo
Just heard about this... interesting cause i guess impact teased him last night. I guess nothing stopping him from going to both companies. I could see where he's enjoyed his time with impact, yet maybe wants to try the ROH waters. It probably wouldn't hurt ROH to have 1-2 ex wwe guys... but i wouldn't want to go too far with it. Especially when the current roster is quite talented.

Which gets me thinking.... I know Eli Isom is still quite young, but seems like 2019 would have been a good year, to get him over. Seems like we barely saw him, or he was with SSS. Wonder if he'll get another push later in 2020-21.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

The fact that ROH has reacted to this especially Marty is the most interesting thing. I would have more faith in EC3 than say Ryder overall. Has a more versatile and heavy personality that would fit into ROH. ROH has has quite a diverse set of personality types but I do think they are edging too much too the fun side. This EC3 would create a much needed balance, especially with production and his promo quality. Have we really seen him in a wrestling environment, where it’s something that’s really required.

Just on Isom I think once we are back I reckon he will be in for a string push.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:12 am
Montana wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:01 am 150k for Taven seems realistic. I thought I heard he was closer to Marty though, which was odd bc Marty has a lot more responsibility now. I wanna say I heard he was getting like 2-3x top Nxt guys make too, which is where I estimated around 500k.
I realise he’s an important member of the roster but I’d be surprised if he was close to Marty in pay. It might be the contract is worth more than others when you consider the amount of years involved. I think it will be to Flip where his contract is say five/seven years and adds up to a mil but yearly it comes to say 200,000 per year which they probably see as manageable. We also don’t know if there are further TV deals in play right now allowing for the increase of contracts.
In my opinion, getting 150-200k for working in ROH is tremendous. Minimal dates and if you’re content with your lifestyle, not bad at all.
NewROHFan2020

Post by NewROHFan2020 »

BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:59 am The fact that ROH has reacted to this especially Marty is the most interesting thing. I would have more faith in EC3 than say Ryder overall. Has a more versatile and heavy personality that would fit into ROH. ROH has has quite a diverse set of personality types but I do think they are edging too much too the fun side. This EC3 would create a much needed balance, especially with production and his promo quality. Have we really seen him in a wrestling environment, where it’s something that’s really required.

Just on Isom I think once we are back I reckon he will be in for a string push.
That’s interesting. EC3 in Impact was one if my favorite wrestlers. I think he’s working everyone. I would be shocked if he came to ROH exclusively. Maybe a one off
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

EC3 is cool

agree with all of you...push eli isom!
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

NewROHFan2020 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:29 am
BurningHammer wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:12 am
In my opinion, getting 150-200k for working in ROH is tremendous. Minimal dates and if you’re content with your lifestyle, not bad at all.
Overall I think wrestlers are massively underpaid considering what they go through and what they’ll have to deal with in later life. That said I don’t think wrestlers will look at ROH and feel they can’t make a good living especially if the sense of the booking, structure and practices has changed for the better. It’s really going to be about ROH producing a product that allows then to afford that type of contract regularly but it should then be about ROH reaching a stage where a contract like Marty’s isn’t highly unusual and ROH can set you up for life but not screw you or your body up (which I know is really hard in wrestling)

With EC3 this is the most explicit she has been with a company, with Impact it’s actually been more on them, they’ve made the noises on EC3. I agree though Impact would make more sense yet he may want something new.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

I feel incredibly uncomfortable saying specifically what guys are making if I know and that would apply to Marty. Taven is north of what people are speculating, both are paying bills comfortably and making enough to start planning on post wrestling investments. Kudos to both on that.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Expose wrestling on twiiter saying marty and joey ryan been inappropriate with 16/17 years at after parties
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Marty too? i hope thats not true....good lord.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

A lot of the guys that are being outed have had rumours around them for a while.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

The fact that I've read so many stories about wrestlers being absolute creeps today has been horrifying.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Who the heck do you put in the booker spot if marty ends up getting fired
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

nothing much on marty yet.

the list is insane...so sad.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

With Marty it mainly comes from something so fucking vile I don’t really want to type it. If it did happen he should seriously be in jail immediately and honestly the people that kept it hidden should also (legally they can be). If not then it’s a very dangerous slope and probably puts more credence to other rumours, from the outside he seems to live a pretty normal life and has had healthy relationships at this time, but as we’ve seen that means little.

I think whatever happens every company has got to do the right thing. Companies have a duty to make sure this change is long lasting for the better of everyone.

If we are looking at what that means for ROH, I would imagine it would simply go back to Delirious, maybe add another experience head from the crew but it’s not a major problem for Koff to decide on. The main thing is that the practices they are instilling stay and the people they have brought into the company in different areas keep helping the product.
AnHonorableMention

BurningHammer wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:10 pm If we are looking at what that means for ROH, I would imagine it would simply go back to Delirious, maybe add another experience head from the crew but it’s not a major problem for Koff to decide on. The main thing is that the practices they are instilling stay and the people they have brought into the company in different areas keep helping the product.
Uh yeah that's a hard no ghost rider. Especially when you consider a big portion of the disgusting behavior has been trainers grooming students.
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:42 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:10 pm If we are looking at what that means for ROH, I would imagine it would simply go back to Delirious, maybe add another experience head from the crew but it’s not a major problem for Koff to decide on. The main thing is that the practices they are instilling stay and the people they have brought into the company in different areas keep helping the product.
Uh yeah that's a hard no ghost rider. Especially when you consider a big portion of the disgusting behavior has been trainers grooming students.
I have no idea what the Ghost Rider comments about, care to explain?

I’m not saying it should happen (I’ve heard the rumours about him) but unless something comes out about then what do you think Koff will do. I can’t see it being anyone else really.
AnHonorableMention

BurningHammer wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:54 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:42 pm
I have no idea what the Ghost Rider comments about, care to explain?

I’m not saying it should happen (I’ve heard the rumours about him) but unless something comes out about then what do you think Koff will do. I can’t see it being anyone else really.
I apologize but ghost rider is a go to for me in addressing someone in a loose, social discussion. Not sure if you're USA based(assuming the rumours spelling is UK) but that was a big phrase in the 70's here.

I don't know what Joe will do but I'll be happy to go to twitter media with the facts behind the situation if that masked man goes back to the position of power he abused.
Captain Podcast