Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by monster mafia »

Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

They are having classic matches of 3 airing all week including styles tyler black cm punk kevin owens on YouTube
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:36 am
famicommander wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:29 am
AlexROH wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:46 am Attendance numbers vía WON:

- Nashville 550
- St. Louis 1,000
I tried to tell y'all
famicommander wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:53 pm There were definitely way, way, more people at the second show than the first. Probably by a factor of two.
This is great to hear! I don't see what the negative connotation of yelling about it is all about. Not a person here who is hoping to see failure.
You were the one who went out of your way to dispute my guesses for these shows. Twice.

And my guesses were ~500 for Nashville and roughly double for St Louis, to which you replied "Were you there?" after which point you pivoted to insinuating another member is only capable of working in a drive thru.

Your friend who is "rock solid" on counting crowds guessed 435 and 550.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

famicommander wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:49 pm
famicommander wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:29 am

I tried to tell y'all

This is great to hear! I don't see what the negative connotation of yelling about it is all about. Not a person here who is hoping to see failure.
You were the one who went out of your way to dispute my guesses for these shows. Twice.

And my guesses were ~500 for Nashville and roughly double for St Louis, to which you replied "Were you there?" after which point you pivoted to insinuating another member is only capable of working in a drive thru.

Please just drop it, man. I promise you, nobody cares.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:34 pm They are having classic matches of 3 airing all week including styles tyler black cm punk kevin owens on YouTube
This is pretty cool. 100+ people watching the Punk one live right now. Helps increase awareness for the PPV coming up. And those archives are some of the best in wrestling. Sure, ROH fans have seen all that stuff. but I'm sure there's tons out there who haven't
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:06 pm

Seriously, he was wrong about a crowd total, considering the business he's in that's not a good look but when you look at this in the grand scheme of things, one person's guess, is greater in value than yours because he bought a ticket and you did not. And yes, monster mafia is only capable of a drive-thru with assistance, total clown.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Miranda alize is in the women tournament I really do hope are already signed or getting signed because it would help the division a lot
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

3 spots left for both tournaments.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I joke about Steiner but man I hope the booty daddy is feeling okay today. A reminder that 57 is 57, and this is a dangerous game. We already saw a Moondog die in an Impact ring. I don't want to see that happen to a Steiner, Shamrock, DDP, RNRE type (or anyone, obviously)
Montana

Post by Montana »

ZSJ would be the icing on the cake for the Pure Tournament. Wouldn't mind Starr either. Both tournaments look like they should produce some good matches.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

I hope the pure matches arent gonna be capped at 8 to 13 mins long....lets get a few 25+ depending on match ups.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:46 pm

Seriously, he was wrong about a crowd total, considering the business he's in that's not a good look but when you look at this in the grand scheme of things, one person's guess, is greater in value than yours because he bought a ticket and you did not. And yes, monster mafia is only capable of a drive-thru with assistance, total clown.
Are you mad old guy?
Montana

Post by Montana »

A few random thoughts / updates

Josh Woods added to the pure tournament and Heather Monroe added to the womens tournament. Solid Adds.

I wonder if ROH will start producing more merchandise soon. Seemed like they've stopped DVDs... Haven't had much merch other than a other T-Shirts, and i think that was even a few months back. Don't think they should or expect them to go overboard with the Merch.... but seems like if your going to invest more in the company, why not try and get a return on some of that investment? I imagine some things are in the works... but maybe relooking at what they produce.

ROH HonorClub... Hopefully ROH not only updates the content, but actually have the app be functional on all devices. I think it was 7-8 years ago, that ROH needed to invest big in an App/Streaming. Seems like a good way to utilize funds.. as this seems to the primary way for your fans to digest the product. The TV is still more HonorClub advertisement.... yet the App functionality and accessibility isn't where it should be yet.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

There's still so much work to be done.

You're right about the app support and the merch.

And they still need to fix the TV listings.

And they need to fix the TV show itself so it's all new content. I'm still pissed that like 70% of the show is stuff I've already seen. Makes me want to skip it entirely, and that's insane because I've seen every show ROH ever put on TV or online.

And I still see the NWA affiliation as entirely pointless at best and a drag on the company at worst. They absolutely should NOT be bringing another title onto their programming and acting like it's anywhere close to the same level as the ROH World Title. It even bums me out when the IWGP Title gets top billing over the ROH Title, and that only happens once every couple years (and the IWGP title really IS a more prestigious title, whereas the NWA title hasn't mean anything since TNA threw it away).
Montana

Post by Montana »

Yes, agreed more works needs to be done, and it won't happen overnight.

In terms of The TV show, vs. HonorClub Live events... it's either the TV audience that gets screwed, or the HonorClub members. This is a really hard thing to fix, bc you potentially alienate fans. I pose the question , how others would fix it. Typically when i see post... everyone agrees TV should change, YET haven't seen any plans that would benefit both TV AND HC members.

Currently they have a product that is very similar to NJPW in AXS... which i think is about the best as it's going to be for right now, without running more shows. Problem is they really can't run more shows, until they get their buzz back. So that's not an option. I do think ROH should add more exclusive NJPW, NWA, CMLL, RevPro content (and others adding ROH as well) is good for everyone. Even a combined service/discount... but that would be tough to do logistically/financially.

One thing they COULD do is run more PPV's instead of 4... and really encourage people to either go a la carte or VIP. Thus if you have 2 live events in one month... one could be a TV taping, and one could be a Al a Carte ROH on Tour event.... The VIP members could get the everything (Live TV tapings plus Live events ) as well. How this differs from currently, its a per show price instead of a monthly subscription.

In all honestly... the current VIP product for 120$ for a year... is pretty good value. You get:

4 PPV's
30-35 Live Event Tours
8 years of back catalogue (Soon to be most all)
15% of ROH Merchandise

I think if they fix the back catalogue and make the APP more accessible it would go a long way.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

The merch has been pretty bad for a while now. The last one I actually wanted to buy was when Adam Cole was in the Kingdom and they had the red and purple ones with the gold design. Those weren't that great, but I remember actually thinking about buying one.

The ones that they bring here when they do shows are always so bad. I don't know who designs them, but they need to get somebody new in there to try some different designs or something. And I know, WWE's merch is pretty ugly a lot of the times, too. But old ROH designs back in the day were actually good. AEW has some decent ones. I think they can try a lot harder when it comes to this stuff. I'm sure ROH is used to selling not a lot of shirts right now, so they're just like "whatever, who cares, nobody's going to buy it anyway" but I promise you, if they had some decent ones, people would buy them.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

monster mafia wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:38 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:46 pm

Are you mad old guy?

34 is old? Really?
Captain Podcast
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Montana wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:05 am Yes, agreed more works needs to be done, and it won't happen overnight.

In terms of The TV show, vs. HonorClub Live events... it's either the TV audience that gets screwed, or the HonorClub members. This is a really hard thing to fix, bc you potentially alienate fans. I pose the question , how others would fix it. Typically when i see post... everyone agrees TV should change, YET haven't seen any plans that would benefit both TV AND HC members.

Currently they have a product that is very similar to NJPW in AXS... which i think is about the best as it's going to be for right now, without running more shows. Problem is they really can't run more shows, until they get their buzz back. So that's not an option. I do think ROH should add more exclusive NJPW, NWA, CMLL, RevPro content (and others adding ROH as well) is good for everyone. Even a combined service/discount... but that would be tough to do logistically/financially.

One thing they COULD do is run more PPV's instead of 4... and really encourage people to either go a la carte or VIP. Thus if you have 2 live events in one month... one could be a TV taping, and one could be a Al a Carte ROH on Tour event.... The VIP members could get the everything (Live TV tapings plus Live events ) as well. How this differs from currently, its a per show price instead of a monthly subscription.

In all honestly... the current VIP product for 120$ for a year... is pretty good value. You get:

4 PPV's
30-35 Live Event Tours
8 years of back catalogue (Soon to be most all)
15% of ROH Merchandise

I think if they fix the back catalogue and make the APP more accessible it would go a long way.
I skip the tv show because i watch the honor club shows.

the HC subscription isnt amazing at all until they add the back catalogue ( with video wires)

To fix the situation with tv and HC club shows is start having live tv. I dont know how this will work in regards to how their contracts are written up.

they could just give the 4 ppvs away for free for HC members instead of just a 50% discount
Last edited by indyfan on Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Lindsay snow a student jay lethal trained is in the women's tournament and Tony deppen for the pure tournament