Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

According to pco interview on wrestling inc he believes roh budget has tripled or quadrupled from last year budget
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Hopefully that really goes into improving infrastructure at all levels, from production, merch, security and medical services

I do think ROH needs an update in it's presentation, especially with the ring, lights to the Metal Railing Sheets, I think I've had my fill of all of the black. I remember the Red curtain the the joint show with the NWA and that looked great. Adding something like or have the metal sheets red all the way around ringside or say one red, then one black and so on. Maybe bring back the logo in the middle. It just all feels to dank and gloomy.

Also ROH really needs some decent camera men/women especially when handling interviews, the whole intensity emotion is getting lost because people don't know how to make clean cuts and move with the wrestlers and when not too. Stop cutting Quinn out of the shot her emotion, her reaction is so important to the setting of the interview.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

I agree with a lot of the above. I understand ROH has core ‘colours’ and they want to stick to that theming, but the stark all black look has been around a LONG time and could do with some freshening up. A switch in ring canvas colour, or a changing of the guardrail colour (although I do think the sheet metal railings should stay - they are quintessentially ROH) would be interesting. I know it’s hard as they use the dark look to hide the smaller crowds at times - but I do think it could do with brightening up. ROH is pushing this new direction hard. Freshening up the visuals and making the product look a little more inviting is a logical next step

Obviously it’s different - but when you look at how vibrant the colour theming AEW (particularly Dynamite) runs with. Or the absolute visual assault of giant colourful screens, goofy pop up 3D imaging etc that WWE uses, ROH looks so dark and sterile. Even the NWA has a striking (albeit not necessarily to my taste) look and colour palette.

I also agree on the subject of the way interviews are shot. Although I would say that Quinn, lovable as she is, has some work to do as well. There have been occasions where they HAVE shown her reactions, and it has totally killed the serious/intense nature of delivery from the wrestler because her reaction was so cartoony...
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NWA looks like the set of a Nickelodeon TV show
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

famicommander wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:20 am NWA looks like the set of a Nickelodeon TV show
Let's not act like that's not cool.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

https://twitter.com/BereR09/status/1231 ... 77568?s=20

Gresham/Lethal vs Bandido/Dragon Lee happened at The Crash. Looks like it was pretty good.
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

famicommander wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:20 am NWA looks like the set of a Nickelodeon TV show
I’m not stating I liked it (quite the opposite in all honesty - the current NWA product generally isn’t massively to my taste - although I do find their tv format easy to consume) - but I do think the current presentation is striking, memorable and brighter/more colourful to look at than super dark, bleak, rather aged ROH look
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

I remember being at the first show where ROH started regularly using the tron (Nashville tv taping, IIRC), and I was just thinking "Wow, ROH is really making moves"

I do think their current set up is a little generic. It's enough that they appear to be on a higher level than 99% of regular indie companies, but it's still just kinda... boring? Idk.

Honestly though, the cards are getting better, the shows are getting better. That stuff is far more important, so I'm not really too worried about the sets and stuff. Like someone suggested above, leaning more into the red/black color scheme might be a good idea.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Roh is looking for a new graphic designer/ marketing associate/promotional editor and administrative assistant
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Montana

Post by Montana »

With NJPW's March 1-15th shows being cancelled... now would be a good time for ROH to extend free Honor Club to the NJPW World users. Can't hurt really...

ROH has some stacked shows coming up...and doing a good job booking for future events. They've got full cards for the rest of the Feb and March cards. April is shaping up nicely so far too.
jhtrewin

Post by jhtrewin »

Man I'd really love to see Shelley get a run with the Pure Title.

I've been enjoying the little interviews and vignette's ROH has been putting up on youtube over the last week. I hope they continue to utilise this method to build on some character work for everyone.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Shelley needs a singles title run in general. Pure, TV, World, any of the above.

For a guy with his skillset and accomplishments, it's incredible to think these are the only major belts he has won:
1X ROH World Tag Team Champion
3X IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champion
1X TNA World Tag Team Champion
1X TNA X-Division Champion

That's it. Guy has been a major part of the respective histories of those three companies, and only one of the three ever put a singles belt on him one time
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

famicommander

Post by famicommander »

It's 2020 and Bill Goldberg, Chris Jericho, and Pierre Carl Ouellet are the top champions of the top 3 American wrestling promotions. Meanwhile Impact promotes a women's-only division whilst two women feud over the top men's belt.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Katarina ( Winter in TNA - Katie Lea Burchill In WWE)
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

I'm LOVING the return of unique show names. It makes things much easier to keep track of.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I really enjoyed PCO vs. Dragon Lee. I think that may have been PCO's best singles match thus far in ROH.